Missing home?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Missing home?

Post by MissLT »

How long can you be on a trip until you start missing home?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

It took me a week or two to realize how much I was missing my home :( .
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

LennyeTran wrote:It took me a week or two to realize how much I was missing my home :( .
Awww...
Where did you go, Lennye?

I love to go on trips so I don't miss my home that much whenever I'm out of there.
I remember when I went to a one-week-trip with a friend of mine. We had some much fun that I even forgot to call home.
My mom yelled at me for not calling her. She said that she was worried about me.
I'd have to be out of my house for at least a whole year to realize that I'm actually missing them. :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Lalee wrote: Awww...
Where did you go, Lennye?

I love to go on trips so I don't miss my home that much whenever I'm out of there.
I remember when I went to a one-week-trip with a friend of mine. We had some much fun that I even forgot to call home.
My mom yelled at me for not calling her. She said that she was worried about me.
I'd have to be out of my house for at least a whole year to realize that I'm actually missing them. :wink:
When I was back to Vietnam for a vacation and a week I was spending in Ohio and Canada.
moneymind

Post by moneymind »

You ladies may laugh at me when I say I did not start missing home for a year. Of course I love my parents, sisters & brothers & feel happier to see them daily.

May be I went to country which is only two hours by aeroplane far from home, or may be I went on business trip so I did not miss home, or may be I am too old to have that feeling. :)

I can not explain why :(
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

moneymind wrote:You ladies may laugh at me when I say I did not start missing home for a year. Of course I love my parents, sisters & brothers & feel happier to see them daily.

May be I went to country which is only two hours by aeroplane far from home, or may be I went on business trip so I did not miss home, or may be I am too old to have that feeling. :)

I can not explain why :(
If you have to start a new life, normally you won't have much time to miss home, I think...
Masayuki

Post by Masayuki »

Actually, I do not know. My longest stay is in L.A., 3 weeks and 4 days. I ever stayed these length stay. In Singapore and England, 3 weeks. So, I get used to it. When I went to NZ, 10 days, I felt hoem sick 4 days later that I arrived in NZ.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Masayuki wrote:Actually, I do not know. My longest stay is in L.A., 3 weeks and 4 days. I ever stayed these length stay. In Singapore and England, 3 weeks. So, I get used to it. When I went to NZ, 10 days, I felt hoem sick 4 days later that I arrived in NZ.
You didn't miss Japan when you were in Singapore and England? :?
FIVER
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by FIVER »

A couple months? A long time. I'm always (was always) surrounded by my family. They were protective and we were close so it's nice to get some air and space from them. Don't get me wrong, I love my family but I also love to explore different enviornments and places. I think I could go on for years without being truely homesick. :roll:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

FIVER wrote:I think I could go on for years without being truely homesick. :roll:
:shock: Are you serious? Man, I don't think I will be able to live alone for long since I will miss them after about two weeks or so of not seeing them.
sonyym

Post by sonyym »

If it's a travell, I have never gotten homesick. :lol: But, for study, I always. :P
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

You've studied abroad?