To all Thailanders and people who have gone to Thailand

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

kamiya

To all Thailanders and people who have gone to Thailand

Post by kamiya »

This summer, I am going to travel to Thailand. i havent ever been there before. Please tell me something about Thailand, such as places of interest, foods, or some experience to travel to Thailand.
Thank u very very much :D
ayimak
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Which part? There is a little video clip about Thailand in traveling video clips thread here. You can check it out for info.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Bangkok is the gateway to the rest of the country and I can offer a bit of advice.

Summer in Thailand is dominated by the monsoon. Heavy rain and hot and humid temperatures. Even the Thais complain. :D

Thailand is the travel mecca of southeast Asia and there you will find tourists from all walks of life from all parts of the world. The cheapest place to find accommodations would be Khao San Road, commonly known as the backpacker's district. Accommodations there can range from $2 usd to $20+ usd. Staying there, however, doesn't give you the feel of real Thailand.

Thailand is a very inexpensive place to travel. Seeing how you are from Vietnam, the cost of living is almost the same (you will also be immune to the million of touts that linger the streets). A bottle of water in Bangkok was 7 baht when I was there. That's equivalent to 3000d. You can travel from one end of the city to the other in an air-conditioned taxi for 150 baht (60,000d). A thing about taxis, never enter a taxi that is stationary, they will always haggle the price with you and you will always come out losing. Instead, wave one down on the streets.

Area of interests includes wats and temples, huge upscale shopping centres (MBK - the network of walkways surrounding the MBK shopping centre is amazing), Thai traditional massages, and, of course, the culture. The Grand Palaceis a must-see, as is Wat Pho(largest wat in Bangkok) which houses a giant reclining Buddha. Also, check out the daily commune alongside the Chao Phraya River to get a taste of an alternate Thailand.

The Thais are exceptionally friendly, open-minded and out-going. You'll have a great time. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I'm actually going back to Bangkok soon too. :D I wrote a few stories on my arrival and experience in Bangkok so if you are interested, tell me and I will provide the link for you.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hi. I've never been there before, but I wish I could. I friend of mina has been there and the pics he showed me were so nice. What a nice place..!
kamiya

Post by kamiya »

thank u very much, especially Unknownsu.
ayimak
kamiya

Post by kamiya »

Unknownsu, u seem to know a lot about both Thailand and Vietnam. have u ever been Thailand or Vietnam?
ayimak
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

kamiya wrote:Unknownsu, u seem to know a lot about both Thailand and Vietnam. have u ever been Thailand or Vietnam?
Both. :wink:

I've been to Thailand once and Vietnam twice. 3 weeks the first time and 3 months the second.