What do you think about Thailand?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, Krisi, EC

Post Reply
Tone
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:19 am

What do you think about Thailand?

Post by Tone » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:15 pm

I think it's a very nice country both the place and people....
Learn English Online

User avatar
babara
Gold Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by babara » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:33 pm

Yes,I think so It is not coz I am a thai but thailand is one of countries that be peaceful and friendly people.

qwertyu
Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Campuchia

Post by qwertyu » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:29 pm

To be honest, I've never been there. I dont like Thailand much because my country football always beaten by their team. It's terrible!

Is your link from ThaiLand?

User avatar
babara
Gold Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by babara » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:58 pm

Why do you think that? only football? qwertyu

User avatar
Rui
Gold Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am
Location: World, Portugal, Porto, Maia

Post by Rui » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:53 am

well, im sure you couldnt find a better reason to explain why you dont like thailand :lol: well, its definitely one of the places where i would like to go one day, however its not on the top of my list :wink:

Tone
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:19 am

Post by Tone » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:53 pm

Good to hear some comments. I think sport is a good thing to bring everyone together and create harmony among countries. We also lost to some better team all the time. Of course, we are not happy but it has nothing to do with the country itself. We got a lesson and try to speed up ourselves.

FYI, my link has nothing to do with The country. It's just another good place that I visit a lot.

jackyip
Silver Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:11 pm
Location: Hong Kong

Post by jackyip » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:11 am

i have been to thailand for 3 times
It's a sunny place
I like swimming in there,because there're lot of beauitful beach
For me ,thai food is very delicous and i had eaten a lot of spicy food before i leave there.
i want to visit there in this year but i've got no money.... :D

User avatar
babara
Gold Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by babara » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:50 am

I agree with you , jackyip that THAI food is delicous but I think someone may not like coz it taste spicy but For me , of course I like it a lot!

Tone
Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:19 am

Post by Tone » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:16 pm

Thai food is well known for its spicy taste but actually we do have a lot of "no spicy" one. Many tourists take spicy food as a challanging mission. It's a kind of funny.

Anyway, glad to know that people like Thailand. So do I!!!
Check out how everyone knows and thinks about you

candykhkh
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:17 am
Location: vietnam
Contact:

Post by candykhkh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:11 pm

I travelled to Thailand on April 2005. It was time when Thailand celebrated Tet. So lucky to me.
Thailand has excellent tourist techonologies. However, I dislike the sexy shows in Pattaya and Bankok. I wonder a working day to girls and boys in sexy shows is interesting.

nancybenniti
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:53 pm
Status: Other
Contact:

Post by nancybenniti » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:10 pm

I'm going to Thailand at New Year.But my parents don't allow because i only go to Thailand. and i'm a girl. Huhu. So my plans in Thailand breaks. :((. Maybe i will go to Thailand next 3 years.Thailand, wait for me
I love you, my bf

onni
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:31 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by onni » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:12 pm

^^
^^
^^
I wish you could be there in someday, Thailand is a beautiful place, if you have a chance to visit my country i recommend you to go to PP island, cause it my favorite place in my mind. :P :P

User avatar
Floydian
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:48 am
Contact:

Post by Floydian » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:30 am

I will be visit Thailand and maybe Vietnam in 13-23 April 2007 :). How is the weather in Thailand in these dates?

zuckbox
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:22 am
Location: KR

6

Post by zuckbox » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:02 am

babara wrote:Yes,I think so It is not coz I am a thai but thailand is one of countries that be peaceful and friendly people.

zuckbox
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:22 am
Location: KR

t

Post by zuckbox » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:30 am

tddd

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:03 pm

I have just returned from Thailand where I was on my vacation and I have to say that I really enjoyed being there.

First the weather was almost excellent, mostly sunny and hot. I spent 10 days on the island of Koh-Chang and I could swim and sunbathe as much as I wanted. Besides beaches on the island are very good so you can really enjoy lying on a white sand beach and getting tanned.

Second, the gulf of Thailand which surronds the isle was really warm and it was a great pleasure just to swim slowly in the water. Moreover the seabed around it is mainly sandy and in my opinions it's better for swimmers.

If you like snorkelling or scuba-diving this island has also something to offer. Snorkelling is best to do near small islands which are near Koh-Chang. Often there are coral reefs around these small islands and it's great to snorkel there looking at the beauttiful coral reefs and different types of fish. I also scuba-dived a couple of times while being there. I really enjoyed it because visibility was excelent, the places where we did scuba-diving were full of fish and the seabed was interesting. Besides scuba-diving is not very expensive there.

Finally the life on the island is very quite. So it's best for families with children. But if one day you decide that you want something else it's not difficult to get from the island to Pattaya which is famous for its night life. So if you want a few crazy nights it's easy to get them. Or you can go to Bangkog and take a look at some historic places there.

User avatar
babara
Gold Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by babara » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:34 pm

Oh Wllsp, I am glad to you like here,Thailand. :D
Yes, I think so.. island of Koh-Chang is good and everytime I went to beaches I can see many foreigner lying on the beach also :D

Or you can go to Bangkog and take a look at some historic places there.
...This means you went to Wat Phra Kaew(Temple of the Emerald Buddha)?? :)

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:12 am

babara wrote: ...This means you went to Wat Phra Kaew(Temple of the Emerald Buddha)?? :)
Yes, I was there. Besides the Royal palace and the temple of the Emerald Buddha I also went to the highest skyscraper in Bangkok and took a look at the city from the height of 300 meters. I was really impressed.

User avatar
babara
Gold Member
Posts: 397
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Thailand

Post by babara » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:42 am

wllsp wrote:
Yes, I was there. Besides the Royal palace and the temple of the Emerald Buddha I also went to the highest skyscraper in Bangkok and took a look at the city from the height of 300 meters. I was really impressed.
Yes,but I have never tried to do like you but I know It will have to be certainly impressed. :)

Coolfish
Silver Member
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:09 am

Post by Coolfish » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:19 am

I think my feeling of Thailand is complex. I have been Bangkok for a week. The most amusing thing I remember is that in the summer night hearing the song "Take me to your heart", I enjoyed a seafood dinner.
But to be honest, I don't like the traditonal Thai food. Also, there is a huge gap between the rich and the common Thai.

noriko*izk
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:20 pm
Contact:

Post by noriko*izk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:29 pm

thailand
oh it's a good idea
it's a beatiful country

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine

Post by Cypress » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:16 pm

Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:44 am

Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
What sort of decline are you talking about? A month ago spent two weeks there, still no signs of declining :).

In my opinion Egypt is more likely to experience sort of decrease in popularity because it takes only four hours for Russian and Ukranian tourists to get there comparing with nine hours to get to Thailand. I mean it's sort of expensive for many here.

In addition, Thailand is famous for its go-go bars. I saw a lot of men even quite old ones enjoying being with girls in Pattata. Quite compelling reason for going to Thailand.

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine

Post by Cypress » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:58 pm

wllsp wrote:
Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
What sort of decline are you talking about? A month ago spent two weeks there, still no signs of declining :).
I was talking about two Russian female tourists killed on a beach in Pattaya just a few days ago. It’s so sad.

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:30 am

Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:
Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
What sort of decline are you talking about? A month ago spent two weeks there, still no signs of declining :).
I was talking about two Russian female tourists killed on a beach in Pattaya just a few days ago. It’s so sad.
Of course, it's possible. Yet, I have some doubts whether this event will make any impact on popularity of Thailad. Tourism is one of Thailand's priorities. I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.

My own impression is that Thailnd is pretty good place for tourists. Even such a crowded city as Pattaya is quite safe. When I was there I saw only once two men who were going to fight. Besides there are other resorts. So if this is the only incident and there are no other ones of this sort in my opinion there will be no consequences.

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:15 pm

mrLenin wrote:The girls are beautiful in Thailand )
As far as I understand you should not have put the definite article before "girls". Seems you are not talking about particular girls.

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Post by Tora » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:04 pm

Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:
Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s popularity among Russian tourists is going to decline
What sort of decline are you talking about? A month ago spent two weeks there, still no signs of declining :).
I was talking about two Russian female tourists killed on a beach in Pattaya just a few days ago. It’s so sad.
rather cheap resources with drinks and hookers and Russian tourists will never give up frittering away their money there. Remember, after the tsunami in Indonesia not so long time ago Russian contingent there was still pretty numerous... I mean nothing can stop them, even human deaths

as for me I don't feel anything special to these young ladies, death is a thing that's always happening :roll:

I mixed up two expressions :oops:
Last edited by Tora on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:39 pm

Tora wrote: rather cheap resources with drinks and hookers and Russian tourists will never give up flattering away their money there. Remember, after the tsunami in Indonesia not so long time ago Russian contingent there was still pretty numerous... I mean nothing can stop them, even human deaths
:roll:
To me it sounds like you emphasize that it is russian tourists who are kind of bad guys. If it is your point it is not correct. I saw lots of people from Western Europe and guys looking like they were from Japan or Korea. They enjoyed being there as well as Russians. So there is nothing spesical about Russians .

Besides, as far as I know Pattaya was not hit by the tsunami. So wasn't Koh-Chang. It was the island of Phuket.

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1150
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Post by Tora » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:45 pm

wllsp wrote:
Tora wrote: rather cheap resources with drinks and hookers and Russian tourists will never give up flattering away their money there. Remember, after the tsunami in Indonesia not so long time ago Russian contingent there was still pretty numerous... I mean nothing can stop them, even human deaths
:roll:
To me it sounds like you emphasize that it is russian tourists who are kind of bad guys. If it is your point it is not correct. I saw lots of people from Western Europe and guys looking like they were from Japan or Korea. They enjoyed being there as well as Russians. So there is nothing spesical about Russians .

Besides, as far as I know Pattaya was not hit by the tsunami. So wasn't Koh-Chang. It was the island of Phuket.
so you say you have seen, does it mean you witnessed? I'm just curious if you were there those unlucky days :roll: I'm not talking about the current situation in Pattaya but I'm talking about the year of tsunami.

there are many bad guys in the world - and so are the groups of russian tourists spending their time in Phuket.

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Tora wrote: so you say you have seen, does it mean you witnessed? I'm just curious if you were there those unlucky days :roll:
No, I was not there then. Probably I didn't get you when I was writing my last post in which I described the current situation.
Tora wrote: I'm not talking about the current situation in Pattaya but I'm talking about the year of tsunami.
Understood. To be honest I am sitting and keep thinking about it. If I had had a chance to spend my holidays in Pattaya in the year of tsunami would I have went there? Still can't find why it's wrong. If I had been there for example in Pattaya could it have created obstacles for rescue operations? If not why not go? Is it immoral? What do you think? Take into consideration that Pattaya is long away from Phuket.
Tora wrote: there are many bad guys in the world - and so are the groups of russian tourists spending their time in Phuket.
What do you mean by that? Didn't get your point.

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine

Post by Cypress » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 pm

wllsp wrote:
So if this is the only incident and there are no other ones of this sort in my opinion there will be no consequences.
Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.
Despite its reputation as a holiday paradise, Thailand has seen a series of gruesome murders of tourists in recent years.

In Kanchanaburi, 100 kilometres west of Bangkok, a 26-year-old female Australian tourist was killed in a drive-by shooting last year. A young British couple were gunned down there in 2004 and a French tourist was shot dead in 2003.

On New Year's Day in 2006, a 21-year-old British female tourist was raped and murdered on the southeastern resort island of Samui.
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.
Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Post by wllsp » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Cypress wrote: Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.
I see you point. It happens regularly.
Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.
Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?
No, I don't. Just enjoyed this good place.

User avatar
phuongngoc
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:11 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Post by phuongngoc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 am

I'm from Vietnam.I have not been to Thailand yet, but I wish I will travel there in the near future. As I know, Thai food is delicious but quite sweet.There are more hightower and cars in Thai than in Vietnam.I think Thailand is an interesting destination for tourists.

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:35 am

About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:01 am

A smile country. Great beaches. Land of Buddhism.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:03 am

Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:42 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.
I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:
Oh That's a forum :wink:

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:42 pm

Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:57 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!
Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)
Oh I see!! Well, I need to spend more time on it to get famiiar to the page because I feel like I don't know where to go, hahah. Really!!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:54 pm

Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?
Yes!! My username is Oriani!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Mine is aprilshouldawin. I barely post there, though. Those people talk a lot, so mostly I just read the interviews and recaps.

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:10 am

I haven't even posted my first message!!! Hey, what does your username mean for you? Mine is short and unforgetable...lol :P

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:14 am

I wanted April in Cycle 2 to win, but she didn't. It's supposed to be aprilshouldawon. I really wanted her to win, so I didn't care about grammar. I made it shouldawin. Every time I type aprilshouldawin, I just remember April and win, or aprilwin. In fact, it was almost my password. I changed it to something else complicated since it was too obvious. :lol:

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:18 am

Oh Ok!! That's very original from you!! Very nice!!!! :P :) :P

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3925
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:40 am

You're having your break?

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher
Contact:

Post by Oriani » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:56 pm

LennyeTran wrote:You're having your break?
Actually I'm leaving home for Maracay now, the city I study at.

Post Reply