What do you think about Thailand?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
Cypress
Gold Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other
Location: USA/Ukraine
Contact:

Postby Cypress » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:44 pm

wllsp wrote:
So if this is the only incident and there are no other ones of this sort in my opinion there will be no consequences.


Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.

Despite its reputation as a holiday paradise, Thailand has seen a series of gruesome murders of tourists in recent years.

In Kanchanaburi, 100 kilometres west of Bangkok, a 26-year-old female Australian tourist was killed in a drive-by shooting last year. A young British couple were gunned down there in 2004 and a French tourist was shot dead in 2003.

On New Year's Day in 2006, a 21-year-old British female tourist was raped and murdered on the southeastern resort island of Samui.


wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.


Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?

wllsp
Gold Member
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:54 am
Location: Russia, Saint-Petersburg

Postby wllsp » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:11 pm

Cypress wrote:Unfortunately, it’s not the only one.

I see you point. It happens regularly.

Cypress wrote:
wllsp wrote:I hope, we will do everything possile to investigate this case and eventually to reassure tourists that it's safe to be there.


Why? Do you work in a tourist agency?

No, I don't. Just enjoyed this good place.

User avatar
phuongngoc
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:11 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby phuongngoc » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:25 am

I'm from Vietnam.I have not been to Thailand yet, but I wish I will travel there in the near future. As I know, Thai food is delicious but quite sweet.There are more hightower and cars in Thai than in Vietnam.I think Thailand is an interesting destination for tourists.

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:35 am

About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:01 am

A smile country. Great beaches. Land of Buddhism.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:03 am

Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.

I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:42 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:About Thailand... I remember a TV show called " American next Top Model" that was made in Thailand. oh. It was the final event :wink: ! I loved the the traditional dance, the expressions that are made with the hands... Very nice! Enigmatic.

I'm watching Cycle 8 right now. You can check the episodes out at youtube. They even have the cycle 8's episodes uploaded already. Or you can go to fansofrealitytv.com to read the recaps, look at the pictures, and read their interviews. I have an account there. See you there! :wink:


Oh That's a forum :wink:

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:50 pm

Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:42 pm

Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!

Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:57 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Oriani wrote:Very nice but I'm lost! There are lost of people there!!!

Yeah. I follow some reality shows on TV, so it's fun to see the fan's arts, interviews, and recaps. They have a rule that you can trash the contestants, but not the forum members. That's why I love it. 8)


Oh I see!! Well, I need to spend more time on it to get famiiar to the page because I feel like I don't know where to go, hahah. Really!!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:54 pm

Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:20 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Click on Forums. Then you'll see ANTM on the page under reality shows we're covering. Are you registered?


Yes!! My username is Oriani!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Mine is aprilshouldawin. I barely post there, though. Those people talk a lot, so mostly I just read the interviews and recaps.

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:10 am

I haven't even posted my first message!!! Hey, what does your username mean for you? Mine is short and unforgetable...lol :P

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:14 am

I wanted April in Cycle 2 to win, but she didn't. It's supposed to be aprilshouldawon. I really wanted her to win, so I didn't care about grammar. I made it shouldawin. Every time I type aprilshouldawin, I just remember April and win, or aprilwin. In fact, it was almost my password. I changed it to something else complicated since it was too obvious. :lol:

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:18 am

Oh Ok!! That's very original from you!! Very nice!!!! :P :) :P

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:40 am

You're having your break?

User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Posts: 1319
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Postby Oriani » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:56 pm

LennyeTran wrote:You're having your break?


Actually I'm leaving home for Maracay now, the city I study at.


Return to “Adventure & Travel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests