To turn email notifications ON or OFF go to [Username] > User Control Panel > Board preferences > Edit notification options

Where do you like to go in 2007 vacation?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Where do you like to go in 2007 vacation?

Post by vince90 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:44 pm

I don’t have any plan yet but I am thinking I will spend my vacation on the beach this year. I like to go to Bahamas or Cancun Mexico or the Florida beach.

Where do you like to go in 2007 vacation?

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:40 pm

I'm leaving for London AND San Francisco in three weeks! :D

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by mamuta » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:34 pm

I'm dreaming about Scotland. I haven't been there so far. I want to see all these old mysterious castles, wander on heaths and cliffs ( :?: - a kind of high seashore) and try some old Scotch whisky, of course... :lol:

User avatar
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other

Post by Cypress » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:11 pm

I plan to go to Norway in the summer; I want to see some fjords and the Vikings museum in Oslo.

Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 373
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner

Post by Elba » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:49 pm

I would like to go to european countries, unfurtunally I don´t have enough money even to go to a mexican beach. My first period of vacation is in march 14, eleven days, but I coul´dn´t pay include a little trip of 5 days to Huatulco, one of the most beautifull places at México. :cry:

Ksju
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:37 am

Post by Ksju » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:08 am

Oh my dream of course Prague...
I really hope that this year it finally happens!!!

User avatar
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am

Post by Rui » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:37 pm

well, i would like to vist Barcelona among other possible destinations, of course that places like Dublin, Prague, Amsterdam and so on are all great options, we will see, right now i cant decide anything since my life is dived on a big confusion.

P.S.- Dixie, i cant believe you havent told me anything about your next trip to London and SF :evil:

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Rui wrote: P.S.- Dixie, i cant believe you havent told me anything about your next trip to London and SF :evil:
It's been on my msn for days... :roll:

User avatar
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am

Post by Rui » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:27 pm

so tell me, is it one of those free trips you get from someone of your family? i knew i had born in the wrong family :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Dixie wrote:
Rui wrote: P.S.- Dixie, i cant believe you havent told me anything about your next trip to London and SF :evil:
It's been on my msn for days... :roll:
And she's gonna see me also. Are you green with envy now, Rui? :mrgreen:

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:19 am

Rui wrote:so tell me, is it one of those free trips you get from someone of your family? i knew i had born in the wrong family :lol:
It is :mrgreen:

User avatar
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 1087
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Oriani » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:00 pm

I'd like to go out of the country, but as a poor I am, I can't.

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:44 pm

Dixie wrote:I'm leaving for London AND San Francisco in three weeks! :D
Wow! Very nice Dixie. You’re a lucky girl. :D

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:21 pm

vince90 wrote:
Wow! Very nice Dixie. You’re a lucky girl. :D
I know :mrgreen:

User avatar
Nu
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Nu » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:29 pm

An' I'd like to go to Spain in the end of summer to see the tomato holiday... does anybody know sth about that? is it really so funny as it was on TV screen? +)

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:11 pm

Nu wrote:An' I'd like to go to Spain in the end of summer to see the tomato holiday... does anybody know sth about that? is it really so funny as it was on TV screen? +)
It's called Tomatina, and it makes me sick. Look how they throw away all those tomatoes... That's food, for godsakes! People are still dying of hunger in the world. :evil:

User avatar
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am

Post by Rui » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:19 am

im jealous of you Dixie, you travel to a lot of places and you dont need to pay nothing, and the preacher keeps saying that god exists, where the heel is he when i ask for free trips :lol:

by the way, im going to BCN next month, from 20 till 23 of march

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:08 pm

Rui wrote:im jealous of you Dixie, you travel to a lot of places and you dont need to pay nothing, and the preacher keeps saying that god exists, where the heel is he when i ask for free trips :lol:

by the way, im going to BCN next month, from 20 till 23 of march
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Nu
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:55 pm

Post by Nu » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:29 pm

Dixie wrote:
Nu wrote:An' I'd like to go to Spain in the end of summer to see the tomato holiday... does anybody know sth about that? is it really so funny as it was on TV screen? +)
It's called Tomatina, and it makes me sick. Look how they throw away all those tomatoes... That's food, for godsakes! People are still dying of hunger in the world. :evil:
Well... there is endless list of things that ought to be done instead of what is being done...

To tell the truth, i thought they used spoilt tomatoes...

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:05 am

Nu wrote: To tell the truth, i thought they used spoilt tomatoes...
That's what they should do :evil:

User avatar
dungthumon
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:08 pm

Post by dungthumon » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:56 pm

if I have time I'll travel around the world , I will come to places of wonders os the world to see the natural materpieces and manual ones .

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:30 pm

Finally we have a plan for our summer vacation. We are going to Orange county California for seven days and the tickets already have booked. It took a little bit time for us to figure out the place to entertain all of us and California is the place. It has beautiful beaches for me to enjoy, the Little Saigon for my wife to shop and dine, and the Disney Land to keep my kids busy. Yeah, they are very excited and can’t wait for it. Anyway this is our first trip to this area and I hope we will have a good time. I already have jotted down few places but I would appreciate any suggestion where to go and dine.

How is about you? Hope you have a great summer.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:52 pm

I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:51 pm

Ohhhhhhhhhhh New York City!!!! I am dying to go back and visit everything I missed!!!

Lennye please take lots of pictures!!

planetarium
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:42 pm

visit switzerland

Post by planetarium » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:51 am

i would like visit it because seems to me i different place on the world, i like snow and coldest places and i think that's the best place to practice snowboarding

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:26 pm

LennyeTran wrote:I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:
Oh man I will be out of town for job training that week Lenny. How long will you be in Boston?

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Re: visit switzerland

Post by vince90 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:31 pm

planetarium wrote:i would like visit it because seems to me i different place on the world, i like snow and coldest places and i think that's the best place to practice snowboarding
If you like snow, you should visit New England states in the winter time. Vermont and New Hampshire have a lot of snows for you to practice snowboard. :D

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Dixie wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh New York City!!!! I am dying to go back and visit everything I missed!!!

Lennye please take lots of pictures!!
I definitely will. I'll post them up for you to see in August. :wink:

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:40 pm

vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:
Oh man I will be out of town for job training that week Lenny. How long will you be in Boston?
We'll catch an early flight to go back to Calif. on the 24th. Too bad we won't meet; otherwise, it'd be interesting to see how you look like in person. :wink:

User avatar
derson
Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:49 pm

Post by derson » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 am

If possible, I will choose L.A. Coz I never been to United States. And L.A seems the nearest place from Taiwan. So L.A. is my first choice. :lol:

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:49 am

Hello!
I am going to visit Spain in September, to be excact Costa Brava. I have already booked a tour and got confirmation from hotel. :D
Is here someone who was there?

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by mamuta » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:05 am

Ksju wrote:Oh my dream of course Prague...
I really hope that this year it finally happens!!!
I was in Prague two months ago, it's really marvellous place. I saw many Russian there and I was a bit surprised because of it: why it is so popular among you?

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:23 am

Mamuta, you asked a very interesting question!
From your opinion which countries should be popular among Russian???

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:I'm going to NYC and Boston in 2 weeks. Will you still be in Boston on the 21st, Vince? Let's meet if you still are. :wink:
Oh man I will be out of town for job training that week Lenny. How long will you be in Boston?
We'll catch an early flight to go back to Calif. on the 24th. Too bad we won't meet; otherwise, it'd be interesting to see how you look like in person. :wink:
Sorry for late response. I was in the training and just got out from it. It’s too bad that I can’t meet you in person. I will be out again for that whole week. Oh well, I may see you in San Francisco. I love to go there in someday. By the way you have a great trip and have a good time in Boston and NY.

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by mamuta » Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:55 am

**Elena** wrote:From your opinion which countries should be popular among Russian???
In my opinion: all on the whole world! :D I'll try to explain my astonishment in Prague: I saw there many Russian in guided tour or in school trips (they looked very young) so I started to consider if it is very convenient or very cheap or ...? Perhaps it's cool to be in Prague? :D

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:15 pm

mamuta wrote:
**Elena** wrote:From your opinion which countries should be popular among Russian???
In my opinion: all on the whole world! :D I'll try to explain my astonishment in Prague: I saw there many Russian in guided tour or in school trips (they looked very young) so I started to consider if it is very convenient or very cheap or ...? Perhaps it's cool to be in Prague? :D
I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
I went there bcz I have heard that its a very beatiful and nice country so I decided to visit it. Thats all.
The price of tour was 602 Euro. I dont know is it expencive or not :wink:

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by mamuta » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:15 pm

**Elena** wrote:I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
Oh, I think Ksju is a bit jealous now, she wrote she dreamed about it. Did you go by plane? Some time ago I've travelled in Russia by train and it was the longest journey in my life so far...

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:48 pm

mamuta wrote:
**Elena** wrote:I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
Oh, I think Ksju is a bit jealous now, she wrote she dreamed about it. Did you go by plane? Some time ago I've travelled in Russia by train and it was the longest journey in my life so far...
Hello Mamuta!
Yes, you are right I travelled by plain.
It took me 2.5 hours.
Which Russian towns did you visit?

User avatar
mamuta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by mamuta » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:42 am

**Elena** wrote:Which Russian towns did you visit?
I was in Kiev, Rostov on Don (is it correct?) then I went to the mountains near Kazakstan's border (forgive me mistakes in names, please!). When I was returning to Kiev I spent 36 hours in the train... :roll:

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:23 am

mamuta wrote:
**Elena** wrote:Which Russian towns did you visit?
I was in Kiev, Rostov on Don (is it correct?) then I went to the mountains near Kazakstan's border (forgive me mistakes in names, please!). When I was returning to Kiev I spent 36 hours in the train... :roll:
Hi!
Mamuta, you are traveler at heart! Well done!
Dont worry I catched what did you mean :wink:
Rostov-on-Don will be more correct!
And as for Kiev, its not Russia its Ukraine :wink:
And Kazakhstan with "h" between "k" and "s"
What other countires did you visit?

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:02 am

**Elena** wrote: I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
I went there bcz I have heard that its a very beatiful and nice country so I decided to visit it. Thats all.
The price of tour was 602 Euro. I dont know is it expencive or not :wink:
It IS expensive!! Although of course it depends on what you did and all... anyway I'd love to visit Prague someday, too.

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:58 am

Dixie wrote:
**Elena** wrote: I spent a week in Prague from 27th may till 2d june this year.
I went there bcz I have heard that its a very beatiful and nice country so I decided to visit it. Thats all.
The price of tour was 602 Euro. I dont know is it expencive or not :wink:
It IS expensive!! Although of course it depends on what you did and all... anyway I'd love to visit Prague someday, too.
But Dixie! Moscow its a very expensive town! Prices are higher than in other towns. So maybe in your town such tour will be costs cheaper. Dont worry! I am sure that all your dreams are very soon turn to reality :wink:

User avatar
justy
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:32 pm

Post by justy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:49 pm

In december i would like to go Prague some of my friends.But From Korea to Prague costs 1050$/2 way ticket/.So have to earn enough money to travel :)
If can't maybe next year keke.

User avatar
**Elena**
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

Post by **Elena** » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Justy!
To tell the truth I am really surprised that you decided to visit Prague in winter! :shock:
The best time to visit Prague its from may till june its time when everything full in blossom
Image
Image

User avatar
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 182
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:48 am
Status: Other

Post by Cypress » Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:16 pm

My brother is absolutely in love with the Check Republic despite the fact that he has never been there. Too bad the Check Republic is not in the Schengen zone yet

YAYO
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by YAYO » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:05 am

For my the perfect place to go of vacations is Argentine, mainly the Argentinean south, is a beautiful place, in addition it has a delicious food. I want to know to me if somebody already has visited Argentine, that another place can recommend to me?

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:03 pm

Okay, I'm done with traveling for 2007. The trip to Vietnam in the end of this year will have to be postponed since I need to save money for France and Italy next year and a cruise to Mexico.

Vince, did you go to L.A? :?

User avatar
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 3837
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher

Post by Dixie » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:07 pm

France and Italy, Lennye?? Wow!!! I have never been to France but I am sure you will absolutely LOVE Italy!!

As for me, I'm going to London for 4 days in December.

User avatar
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor
Posts: 2531
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Post by MissLT » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:11 pm

London again? :shock:

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star
Posts: 225
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Post by vince90 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:46 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Okay, I'm done with traveling for 2007. The trip to Vietnam in the end of this year will have to be postponed since I need to save money for France and Italy next year and a cruise to Mexico.

Vince, did you go to L.A? :?
Yes I did Lenny. Actually we went to Orange County and we stayed in the Disneyland area. We also went to Hollywood and several beaches. I really love the beach there. It’s gorgeous. Of course we ate a lot of Vietnamese food in Little Saigon. Yep, the food there is must better than the food in Boston. Wow you are going to France and Italy next year? Cool! :wink:

Post Reply