Where do you like to go in 2007 vacation?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote:London again? :shock:
Yep!! :D It's only an hour and a half away by plane, and this time I'm going with better company! :lol:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Okay, I'm done with traveling for 2007. The trip to Vietnam in the end of this year will have to be postponed since I need to save money for France and Italy next year and a cruise to Mexico.

Vince, did you go to L.A? :?
Yes I did Lenny. Actually we went to Orange County and we stayed in the Disneyland area. We also went to Hollywood and several beaches. I really love the beach there. It’s gorgeous. Of course we ate a lot of Vietnamese food in Little Saigon. Yep, the food there is must better than the food in Boston. Wow you are going to France and Italy next year? Cool! :wink:
:shock: You went to Universal Studio? Wow, I'm in Calif. but I haven't been there. Which one did your kids like better, Disneyland or Universal Studio?

LOL, right on about the food! If you think Vietnamese food in Calif. is better than Boston's, you should go to Waikiki in Hawaii. Jesus Christ, their food sucks big time! :x

Now I don't know about the trip. My aunt's going to Vietnam in January. My cousins might go with her, which makes me really want to go. One of my cousins is willing to backpacking with me from Saigon to Hanoi and then Hong Kong. If I don't go, the chance will only come up again in the next two or three years. Nonetheless, I cannot save money fast enough for the trip; I can be able to do it for the France and Italy trip, though. I don't know what to do....
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:London again? :shock:
Yep!! :D It's only an hour and a half away by plane, and this time I'm going with better company! :lol:
Ahem... honeymoon time already?? Ummmm... I just checked the mail and I didn't see the wedding invitation. What's up with that, Dixie?? I wasn't invited? :cry:

Wow, it's like from here to L.A or San Diego.
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Okay, I'm done with traveling for 2007. The trip to Vietnam in the end of this year will have to be postponed since I need to save money for France and Italy next year and a cruise to Mexico.

Vince, did you go to L.A? :?
Yes I did Lenny. Actually we went to Orange County and we stayed in the Disneyland area. We also went to Hollywood and several beaches. I really love the beach there. It’s gorgeous. Of course we ate a lot of Vietnamese food in Little Saigon. Yep, the food there is must better than the food in Boston. Wow you are going to France and Italy next year? Cool! :wink:
:shock: You went to Universal Studio? Wow, I'm in Calif. but I haven't been there. Which one did your kids like better, Disneyland or Universal Studio?

LOL, right on about the food! If you think Vietnamese food in Calif. is better than Boston's, you should go to Waikiki in Hawaii. Jesus Christ, their food sucks big time! :x

Now I don't know about the trip. My aunt's going to Vietnam in January. My cousins might go with her, which makes me really want to go. One of my cousins is willing to backpacking with me from Saigon to Hanoi and then Hong Kong. If I don't go, the chance will only come up again in the next two or three years. Nonetheless, I cannot save money fast enough for the trip; I can be able to do it for the France and Italy trip, though. I don't know what to do....
Sorry for late response. Actually we didn’t go to Universal Studio. We just hung around the Hollywood BLVD area. The plan was for Universal Studio but everyone seemed too tire. Oh man, it was packed in the Disneyland but my kids enjoyed it. They didn’t want to leave.

Wow, it’s hard to decide. Both trips are very good to me. Do your best and good luck to your trip Lenny.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Mid-December is when I will be going Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam-bound. I am on a mission!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

LennyeTran wrote: Ahem... honeymoon time already?? Ummmm... I just checked the mail and I didn't see the wedding invitation. What's up with that, Dixie?? I wasn't invited? :cry:

If I ever get married, I know for sure my honeymoon won't be in Europe!!! :D:D I can travel to Europe any time! I hope to go to Asia or America! Don't worry you'll get your invitation... some day... before we retire, hopefully!
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

vince90 wrote: Oh man, it was packed in the Disneyland but my kids enjoyed it. They didn’t want to leave.
8) I know the feeling! Every time I'm there, I never want to leave. I love Disneyland! But next time, I think I might go to the other park since I haven't been there yet. I heard it sucks, though. I heard Universal Studio also sucks. Maybe, I'll end up going to Disneyland again. Did you see the fireworks and the water show, Vince? By the way, only your kids enjoyed it? You didn't have a good time? :?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:Mid-December is when I will be going Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam-bound. I am on a mission!
Ooohh, you lucky but...! I'm so jealous! Asia tour has always been my dream. Well, I don't count Thailand since I'm kinda iffy about that country, but Cambodia.... I have always wanted to go back there. I was there when I was five. And I only stayed for about a week or two, I don't remember. The country was peaceful and cultured.

Don't forget to take a lot of pictures to show us here, please. What mission are you on, by the way?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: Ahem... honeymoon time already?? Ummmm... I just checked the mail and I didn't see the wedding invitation. What's up with that, Dixie?? I wasn't invited? :cry:

If I ever get married, I know for sure my honeymoon won't be in Europe!!! :D:D I can travel to Europe any time! I hope to go to Asia or America! Don't worry you'll get your invitation... some day... before we retire, hopefully!
:shock: What?!?!?!? I thought it would be next year or the year after it. C'mon, Hardi needs some baby to call him uncle. You don't want him to wait in vain, do you? :wink:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

You talking about me? Don't drag me into this. I already have 3 nephews and 2 nieces. I don't need anymore monsters to call me as uncle.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Hardi wrote:You talking about me? Don't drag me into this. I already have 3 nephews and 2 nieces. I don't need anymore monsters to call me as uncle.
You're so sweet :oops:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

LennyeTran wrote: Ooohh, you lucky but...! I'm so jealous! Asia tour has always been my dream. Well, I don't count Thailand since I'm kinda iffy about that country, but Cambodia.... I have always wanted to go back there. I was there when I was five. And I only stayed for about a week or two, I don't remember. The country was peaceful and cultured.

Don't forget to take a lot of pictures to show us here, please. What mission are you on, by the way?
I got my ticket today!! First stop will be Beijing (3 days) and then off to Thailand to do a land crossing into Cambodia and then to Vietnam.

Don't worry, I will no doubt take lots of photos (I'm estimating 100,000 - seriously) but I only post them to my Facebook and Flickr. Photography is my mission.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Oriani wrote:
Hardi wrote:You talking about me? Don't drag me into this. I already have 3 nephews and 2 nieces. I don't need anymore monsters to call me as uncle.
You're so sweet :oops:
Isn't he? :twisted:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:
I got my ticket today!!
:shock: Already? I thought you'll be leaving in mid December, right?
Unknownsu wrote:First stop will be Beijing (3 days) and then off to Thailand to do a land crossing into Cambodia and then to Vietnam.
How long is your trip?
Unknownsu wrote:Don't worry, I will no doubt take lots of photos (I'm estimating 100,000 - seriously) but I only post them to my Facebook and Flickr. Photography is my mission.

:shock: You're kidding? Is this for your hobby or you're required to do it?

I've checked your album. You have a lot of good pictures there. They're so professional. How many pictures did you have to take to get a good one, in general?

Can you do me a favor? If you're in Vietnam, can you take pictures of bò bía dish and mangosteen in a professional way? I've been craving to eat them for three years; however, none of pictures online really satisfies me.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Yes, I got my ticket but I don't leave until the 26th of December. I return to Canada on the 16th of February so that's roughly 7 weeks altogether.

You checked my album? They look professional? Wow, that's quite a compliment. Photography is a hobby for me but a serious one. I only started 2 months ago.

Photography is not a thing of chance. You have to compose your shot before you take it. If I see a photo opportunity, I just need 1 shot, 3 to be absolutely sure.

I don't really know what bò bía is and I usually don't find a food dish interesting enough to be a photo subject but if I do come across it, I will take one for you. Same goes with mangosteen. Chances of me taking a picture of mangosteen is much higher though. Whether it is professional shot is well, up to fate, I guess.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:Yes, I got my ticket but I don't leave until the 26th of December. I return to Canada on the 16th of February so that's roughly 7 weeks altogether.
Ooooh, my aunt is leaving in January. I'm still deciding on whether I should go with her or not. It's all about the money right now. If I could save enough, I'll probably go and see you in Hanoi. Otherwise, I'll probably go with my cousin in the summer to celebrate her graduation (if I don't care about the France-Italy trip).
Unknownsu wrote:You checked my album? They look professional? Wow, that's quite a compliment. Photography is a hobby for me but a serious one. I only started 2 months ago.
That www icon you have there. I was curious to see what it was, so I clicked on it. It led me to your Flickr account. I loved your nature album, especially going home and elbow falls. Those are what I've been wanting to capture. However, I don't have the right camera to do it (ahem, being poor is the right term, actually). Other pictures in that album are equally good as well. Can you make it as your part-time job?

Hey, which one is your girlfriend in the miscellaneous album? Is she the one in jumping shot? Did you have to go to the countryside to take that photo? The yellow part is grass, right?

Unknownsu wrote:Photography is not a thing of chance. You have to compose your shot before you take it. If I see a photo opportunity, I just need 1 shot, 3 to be absolutely sure.
:shock: Really? I've read some books and tips about photography online. They said sometimes you have to take a lot of pictures to get an image you're satisfied. And then they talked about filters, lens, lighting, etc. I got confused and overloaded with those tips, so I didn't bother to learn more. I just come to photo.net to check their artworks. Some of them, I believed, had photoshop involved. I don't know a thing or two about photoshop...

Unknownsu wrote:I don't really know what bò bía is and I usually don't find a food dish interesting enough to be a photo subject but if I do come across it, I will take one for you. Same goes with mangosteen. Chances of me taking a picture of mangosteen is much higher though. Whether it is professional shot is well, up to fate, I guess.

Yaaay... and people praying in Angkor Wat, too? :twisted: :mrgreen:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I hardly get a good photo when I compose and check it too much, best photos I have got is more like accident. :oops:

Those albums there in Unknownsu homepage I think he must be a soo good camera that there isn't any skills needed. It's probably a camera who goes itself to forest and search interesting object's to shoot and so on. You only have to hold tight from camera's something, that don't get lost.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Hardi wrote:I hardly get a good photo when I compose and check it too much, best photos I have got is more like accident. :oops:
Hmmmmm... I've been trying too hard then. I haven't had any good-photo-accidents. :cry:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

For a photo like Elbow Falls, you'll need an SLR to control the shutter speed. A neutral density filter would also help but is not absolutely necessary. Going Home can be taken with any camera but to get the strong hue in that photo, I used a circular polarizer which increases contrast and saturation.

There's much more to photography than just pointing and shooting. I have a Sony dSLR body, 4 lenses and 5 filters for different effects. I don't consider myself a photographer since the definition of photography is the art of painting with light. I have much to learn so I consider myself a newbie/amateur.

With the photography out there, I am positive I can make it a full-time job if I wanted to.

Yes, that jumping photo was taken in the prairies. The yellow field is hay, not grass.

Just because I'm going to Cambodia, what makes you think I'm going to Angkor Wat?

Hardi, thanks for the compliment. It might be hard to believe but none of the photos you see in my album are by accident. :wink:
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Hey Unknownsu,

If you stop in China you could visit RR. Maybe you could ¡¡¡¡...!!!! MMMHHHHH! Finally together :lol: :lol: :lol:
Which your name at facebook????
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Dear Elba ,and which is yours? I have an account there, in fact, Dixie has just created an EC group there :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Unknownsu wrote:

There's much more to photography than just pointing and shooting. I have a Sony dSLR body, 4 lenses and 5 filters for different effects.
Wow, how much did you have to spend for all this? :shock:

Unknownsu wrote: Just because I'm going to Cambodia, what makes you think I'm going to Angkor Wat?
I thought you wouldn't miss out this beautiful place. Look at it and tell me it's not pretty,

Angkor Wat

But if you're not going there, it's fine. Just a suggestion, ya know.
kartman

I need your help!

Post by kartman »

Hello every Body, my name is carlos and I need your help.
At this time I need to conduct talks with other persons or comments about their cultures and their lifestyles before society or family, please I hope the support of all of you is a job for the university.