Barcelona

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Barcelona

Post by Rui »

here i am to announce my next trip, among many destination Barcelona was the elected city to receive such important person like me, i know that by now you are probably thinking that many other would have that right, once at time my fellows :wink: , im sure that i will find some spare time and money to go there one day, im going on 20 of this month and ill stay there for 4 days, i know that it could be more but unfortunately i dont have time(€€€€) 8) , im gonna stay on a hotel called "Hotel Suizo" which i was told is a great hotel close to the centre of the city with quite affordable prices as well :D , i've just created this new thread because im open to any ideas about what i should do there :wink: , therefore im waiting for your suggestions :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Barcelona is a great city with so many interesting places to visit. You already know the Rambles, with the wax museum towards the end and the Columbus statue. Also the Gothic district with its awesome cathedral are near the Rambles. Parc Güell -where I have never been- is a must when you visit BCN, too. Maybe you could go to Montjuïc too. I will post more about the city later.

BTW, why on earth did you have to come on weekdays? Are you aware it might NOT be possible for me to come and see you? :evil:
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Barcelona is wonderful! I was there for the first time last month and I'll surely go again...
Well, I liked the Rambles, Parc Güell, the various buildings designed by Gaudi, the Gothic District... people, the weather (warm and sunny, similar to Italian weather), the atmosphere.

I will never forget the best hot chocolate of my life: if you look for a road called Petrixol (it's near the Ramblas), you'll find a small shop with some tables and a queue outside, where it's worth entering and tasting hot chocolate (dark, thick, with a lot of fresh whipped cream) and churros.

Finally, just two suggestions:
1) from the airport to the centre there is a cheap bus which leaves about every 8 minutes and it's much less expensive than taxis
2) near the port there are many touristic and expensive places for eating, while you can eat a good paella or superb tapas in many other parts of the town (if I find the address of a place of a wine bar I liked a lot, I'll tell you).
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

serenella wrote:
I will never forget the best hot chocolate of my life: if you look for a road called Petrixol (it's near the Ramblas), you'll find a small shop with some tables and a queue outside, where it's worth entering and tasting hot chocolate (dark, thick, with a lot of fresh whipped cream) and churros.
I know Petritxol Street, I remember that name because I always find it so funny :D I will remember that the next time I go to the city. Mmmmmmm... chocolate D_
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

thank you very much, i really appreciate all the information you can collect for me, im definitely looking for some nice places to go and specially restaurants where i can eat proper food without paying those absurd tourist prices ;) about the connection i already had checked that serenella :wink: , thats exactly the way im gonna do to go to the city centre, thank you very much :lol: , i just cant wait to see me again inside a plane 8)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hey I know a really good restaurant near the Rambles, I've been there twice and I really enjoyed it. It's not expensive and obviously it's much better than the restaurants in that area (i.e. McDonald's or Kentucky Fried Chicken). It's called L'Oliva, I think.

Hold on, I'll look for it on the net, hopefully they'll have an internet webpage.

**Going to Google and looking for info**

Looks like they don't have an official site. Anyway I'll look for a map of the city and the exact location of the restaurant.

**Going back to Google. Searching**

Found the address!! :D

L'Oliva 93 317 02 31
C/ Tallers, 32(Ciutat Vella)
08001 Barcelona (Barcelona)

(By the way, Tallers Street is the first street on the right down the Rambles and it's famous for its music stores. If you're looking for the impossible, such as collectors' items or stuff, you're likely to find them there).

Here is a site with the address and a map.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Right next to the Wax Museum there's a pub I just love. It's called El bosc de les fades (something like "The Fairy Forest") and it's just great. Pretty expensive, though. Last time I was there was 3 years ago, I guess it mustn't have changed a lot since then.

More info!
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

I’ve never been in Barcelona :( , so I cannot give any suggestions. All I can do is to wish you a wonderful time there :D Enjoy your stay in that great city!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui, what are the dates again? 20-24th?
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Dixie,

Why you spend time given tips to Rui, if you could becoming his tourist guide.
I can´t belive you don´t have time to know the handsome child of EC. I think you are a shy girl and you are afraid Rui conquer you.
Dixie ¡ A T T A C K !
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Elba wrote:Dixie,

Why you spend time given tips to Rui, if you could becoming his tourist guide.
I can´t belive you don´t have time to know the handsome child of EC. I think you are a shy girl and you are afraid Rui conquer you.
Dixie ¡ A T T A C K !
¬¬ I can't be his guide because as he already knows I am not very familiar with the city. I only know one specific part of it, which is the centre (Rambles, Gothic district, and a few more places).

And I didn't say I didn't have time, I only said (and he already knows, too) that if he comes on weekdays I'm not likely to be able to see him, although I need to know the specific dates and that's why I asked him.

Attack? With his girlfriend right there? :lol: I'm not as brave as you are, Elba 8) :lol: I'm afraid I would run away with red cheeks!!!
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

Dixie wrote:Rui, what are the dates again? 20-24th?
yeah Dixie, you are absolutely right about the dates, thank you very much once again for all the information you have been giving me here, im gonna take a close look next weekend when ill find some time, i have been so busy with projects that have to be finished until the end of the week that i not even thinking about what im going to do there :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I'm free on the 19th :( We'll see what I can do on the following days.
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

hello my friends, i'm back from BCN and really enjoyed to be there, however i havent had the time to write here my tip about the whole trip, specially because of what happened on my last day, my GF was stolen and she lost our portuguese identification cards, without that they didnt let us board, we lost our flight and we had to return to portugal by train, and trip that took more thna 18h from BCN to vigo, this with a threat of a bomb in the train after three hours stopped in "Leon", well... i hope to find more tim eto tell everything, the good part is that finally a friend took us from vigo to porto by car and we c9ould take a warm shower after three days sleeping wherever we could, and of course that besides that BCN is just an amazing city that everybody should visit, i just loved it :wink:
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Rui wrote:hello my friends, i'm back from BCN and really enjoyed to be there, however i havent had the time to write here my tip about the whole trip, specially because of what happened on my last day, my GF was stolen and she lost our portuguese identification cards, without that they didnt let us board, we lost our flight and we had to return to portugal by train, and trip that took more thna 18h from BCN to vigo, this with a threat of a bomb in the train after three hours stopped in "Leon", well... i hope to find more tim eto tell everything, the good part is that finally a friend took us from vigo to porto by car and we c9ould take a warm shower after three days sleeping wherever we could, and of course that besides that BCN is just an amazing city that everybody should visit, i just loved it :wink:
Wow, I thought your girlfriend got kidnapped in Barcelona when I first saw this bold part. Anyway, that was some tough situation you and your gf were going through there. Glad that you guys actually had some good time afterwards, though. So any pictures?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Rui wrote:hello my friends, i'm back from BCN and really enjoyed to be there, however i havent had the time to write here my tip about the whole trip, specially because of what happened on my last day, my GF was stolen and she lost our portuguese identification cards, without that they didnt let us board, we lost our flight and we had to return to portugal by train, and trip that took more thna 18h from BCN to vigo, this with a threat of a bomb in the train after three hours stopped in "Leon", well... i hope to find more tim eto tell everything, the good part is that finally a friend took us from vigo to porto by car and we c9ould take a warm shower after three days sleeping wherever we could, and of course that besides that BCN is just an amazing city that everybody should visit, i just loved it :wink:
Oh my dog!!!! I'm so sorry to hear that! Like Lennye, I also thought your gf had been kidnapped. You meant your were mugged, right? Again, I'm sorry. And I am also wondering why I didn't get a tiny little message from you :roll: :evil:
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Rui,
Terrible experience, but I think that was an adventure too. You know guy, that kind of situations join together the lovers. I mean now you and your GF are nearest that before.
I hope you post your photos at your space.

You know friends, my russian friends came to México last week, and I was a tourit guide for one day. I hope they have ejoyed the places we visit. Beautifull people!!
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Elba wrote:Rui,

You know friends, my russian friends came to México last week, and I was a tourit guide for one day. I hope they have ejoyed the places we visit. Beautifull people!!
I was going to ask you about them!! How was it??? :P
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

do you really thing that relationships can develope to a different stage after thes episodes? thats funny because all my friends say exactly the same as you, including Marisa(GF), although i dont know if its true, im not that keen to believe in relationships anymore, i hurt and i got hurt before so its hard for me to trust or believe in someone, for me love makes you weaker and ready to suffer, i maight be wrong, but thats what i feel.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Exactly dear Rui,
This is your principal problem, that you continuo "feeling" what happen before.
¡BE FREE OF YOUR OBSESSIONS!
Not more thinking in the past, the past is history, build your present, you now have some experience, use it.
People in our life is energy, and humans need energy to live, friends are energy, lovers are energy, family is energy, feed your soul of this energy and if some is wrong, trow out the negative energy and continuo.
Be strong, and INTELLIGENT :wink:
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

yeah elba, i understand what you mean with all that energy, but let's not turn this thread about my ideas of relationships because we would need more than 100 pages :D , kidding...
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Rui wrote:yeah elba, i understand what you mean with all that energy, but let's not turn this thread about my ideas of relationships because we would need more than 100 pages :D , kidding...

Yes!!!! :wink:
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Well boy, it was only and advice.
I see your space and your photos of Barcelon. Beautiful!, really Beautiful!.

I see too your family photos.Tell me little boy how old is your brother???

And Again Barcelona. What was the place you like more???