Do you know CouchSurfing ?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Do you know CouchSurfing ?

Post by shokin »

Hello all bodies ! :lol:

Do you know CouchSurfing.com ?

Wikipedia explains it :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CouchSurfing

The website :

http://www.couchsurfing.com/

I recently registered.

One good way to find people which offer you a free lodgement.

Because most people who register onto this site are ready to offer free lodgement.

Most people registered on CouchSurfing love languages. :mrgreen:

You can describe your house, especially the bed where the person(s) will sleep in your house.

You can describe yourself.

There are groups for all regions all over the world. Each member of a group can create a new topic (almost always in order to meet new friends, couchsurfer or couchhoster). You can even create groups according to the activities !

I am member of this ! :lol:

I will next week host an Italian. He will search for a appartment (colocation with students) in Fribourg, where he will keep studying one year (international relationship).

I hope to find, with CouchSurfing, a lodgement in Strasbourg (night from 19th to 20th October 2007).

Shokin
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Sounds really interesting, shokin. Maybe I will take a little trip to Switzerland :lol:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Dixie wrote:Sounds really interesting, shokin. Maybe I will take a little trip to Switzerland :lol:
So... you have to subscribe on CouchSurfing.com :twisted: .

It is not impossible that (I don't know when, probably in more than 2 years... but things can change) I come to Barcelona and sleep at your home. :lol:

Shokin
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

This is definitely not for me. I don’t really like the idea of sleeping at houses of strange people. I don’t always feel comfortable even staying at houses of relatives and friends. And I like even less the idea of strangers staying at my place.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Cypress wrote:This is definitely not for me. I don’t really like the idea of sleeping at houses of strange people. I don’t always feel comfortable even staying at houses of relatives and friends. And I like even less the idea of strangers staying at my place.
stranger does not mean strange :lol:

Don't you like the cohabitation ? Don't you trust people ? Don't you trust yourself ? Do you always sleep alone ? without girlfriend ? without friend ? without mind ? Have you never done party in your home (with your drunk and tired friends sleeping in your house) ? :lol: Are you very possessive ? Do you still live with your parents in the same house ? Have you never changed of house ? removed your bedroom ? Will you trust me once ? :lol:

You don't trust, you are killing trust relations ! :twisted:

Another one will sleep in my house later. :twisted:

Shokin
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I even don't like to share my house with cockroaches why I should then like with anyone else. Total strangers are better than relatives or someone you know, since then u at least could except that it's someone u like.
Cypress
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Cypress »

shokin wrote:
stranger does not mean strange :lol:

Don't you like the cohabitation ? Don't you trust people ? Don't you trust yourself ? Do you always sleep alone ? without girlfriend ? without friend ? without mind ? Have you never done party in your home (with your drunk and tired friends sleeping in your house) ? :lol: Are you very possessive ? Do you still live with your parents in the same house ? Have you never changed of house ? removed your bedroom ? Will you trust me once ? :lol:

You don't trust, you are killing trust relations ! :twisted:

Another one will sleep in my house later. :twisted:

Shokin
I like cohabitation with my husband, and I like when relatives and friends come to visit and stay with us. But those are relatives and friends – people I know and trust.
But I wouldn’t let some random person from the web come and stay at my place.

You sound very eager and optimistic about all this couch surfing stuff. You think it’s a great idea, fine; I’m not persuading you otherwise. Good luck with finding couch buddies (I’m not being sarcastic).
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

shokin wrote:
It is not impossible that (I don't know when, probably in more than 2 years... but things can change) I come to Barcelona and sleep at your home. :lol:

Shokin
That would be great, because in a couple years I will be living in my own home :D