Tell me about your country!

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

xime

Tell me about your country!

Post by xime »

Hi everybody :D , my name is Ximena and I'm new (I hope to make a lot of friends :o ), I'm 19 years old and I'm from Costa Rica.

I would like to know where you are from and maybe you can also tell me about your country, the culture, festivals, food...everything you want as the same form, if you want to know more about my Costa Rica, please ask me :)

I´m going to start :D

Costa Rica is a small country ubicated in Centro America. Costa Rica is well-known by his beaches and volcanoes. Tomorrow (September 15th) we will be celebrating our independence day, a lot of parades will be celebrated in the main streets! of course I will be there :D !
DsAyReD

Re: Tell me about your country!

Post by DsAyReD »

My country is TURKEY!

Turkey has very special geographical.it has 4 sead side around of Turkey.particularly ,in summers Turkey is very crowd the Mediterraean sea.
Ankara is capital of Turkey.But Istanbul city is more special than Ankara.
Istanbul is metropolis a city.very crawded but very nice.

And i was in Oludeniz/Turkey in this summer.I have made paragline.It was very crazy..:) I was in 1700 m higt :)

xime

Post by xime »

Wow very interesting!!!!!:D!!! And what about the holidays 8)? I would like to know what kind of festivals or activities you celebrate :o
qinzhihu

Post by qinzhihu »

I am from China.A very large country.
xime

Post by xime »

qinzhihu wrote:I am from China.A very large country.
That's true! very large! Can you please tell me more about your country, like the food, people and turistic places :o ? 8)
saradelfina wrote:Hello!!!
My name's Sara, and I have 23 yaers old.
I'm from Italy.
It's a beatiful country. Good food and good people(not always, but often!!! :lol: )

DsAyReD, it's very intersting the turkey.
and Ximena your country is fantastic!!!!
Hi Sara!!Wow Italy! Nice 8 ! I would like to visit it someday!!! Can you suggest me any place? :o
qinzhihu

Beautiful China

Post by qinzhihu »

China locates on the east of Asia,she has large area,and so many people,she has 32 provinces,and the food is diffrent with Europe and America,she has 5000 years of history,welcome to China,i think you will like it.
xime

Post by xime »

Nice 8) ! qinzhihu which turistic places would you recommend me :D in China ?
gem

Post by gem »

Hi Sara! Italy is a beautiful and very historical country...i had the opportunity to work there in 1990 to 1994....in Milan and Bologna...i got the chance to meet Italian friends and they are very nice people at first its very difficult coz of the cultural differences and the language barrier but i tried to learn Italian language to communicate well...I love the pasta, pizza italian made...but i did not have the chance to know you country more...can you share anything about your country?
phuongmeo

Post by phuongmeo »

saradelfina wrote:Hello!!!
My name's Sara, and I have 23 yaers old.
I'm from Italy.
It's a beatiful country. Good food and good people(not always, but often!!! :lol: )

DsAyReD, it's very intersting the turkey.
and Ximena your country is fantastic!!!!

Hi Sara, I'm very glad to meet you here. I'm Phuong, and I'm 24 years old. I had an Italian friend also, he live in Napoli. We met in Hanoi in his vacation, he was my customer (because I work for a travel agency, :)

Im very interesting in your country and its people.
trungkienb

Post by trungkienb »

I've never been to Italy but My dad, who has been there, told me about Italy a lot. He often told me about Venice, it's like paradise, it's amazing.
I havent been to neither Costa nor Turkey, but I also heard some about your countries. I love to travel to there.
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

Viet Nam, My country, has blue rivers, trees lines, big fields, nice houses........ :D :D :D :D
pupae

Post by pupae »

Hello xime
I'm Thaiboy. Thailand is a beautiful place. My country has more beaches and island such as koh-samui ,phuket and koh-phi phi.You can seach picture from google.(***koh is mean island.)
But my capital(bangkok) is has more traffic jam.If You go to bangkok .I recommented You go to paklongtalad(Thai flower market),Sanamluang and santichaiprakarn park and thai food I recommented "Tom yum goong" and "Pad tai".I think songkran is the most popular festival in thailand.It 's new year of Thailand.It begins on the 13th April and ends on the 15th April
bRCu

Post by bRCu »

[quote="DsAyReD"]My country is TURKEY!

Turkey has very special geographical.it has 4 sead side around of Turkey.particularly ,in summers Turkey is very crowd the Mediterraean sea.
Ankara is capital of Turkey.But Istanbul city is more special than Ankara.
Istanbul is metropolis a city.very crawded but very nice.

hi!i live in turkey,too.
as u say,turkey is very nice country.i think, everyone must visit it!!
especially, istanbul is the most beautiful and crowded place!!
my family is in here,but i am in eskişehir beacuse of my college..
lovecindy

Post by lovecindy »

My motherland is China.

China is one of the well-known Four Great Ancient Civilizations. It has long history, magnificent culture. It has a great collection of cultural and natural landscapes, such as the Great Wall, the Summer Palace, the Forbidden City in Beijing, the five famous mountains, the Qinghai Lake, the largest inland salt lake in China, the West Lake, and mysterious Potala Palace in Tibet, etc.

I've lived in China for almost twenty years, and yet have been to less than three places other than my hometown, including the Qinghai Lake in Xi'ning, the West Lake in Hangzhou and Shanghai.

In our country, we have many traditional customs, like putting up the Spring Festival scrolls, shooting off firecrackers, eating dumpling in Chinese New Year, we all wear new clothes to usher in the new year. And we eat Tangyuan, namely rice glue balls and guess lantern riddles in the Lantern Festival, it comes on Thursday. And last night, I bought some Tangyuan, preparing to eat that day.
Get busy living or get busy dying.
aprodianne

Post by aprodianne »

pupae wrote:Hello xime
I'm Thaiboy. Thailand is a beautiful place. My country has more beaches and island such as koh-samui ,phuket and koh-phi phi.You can seach picture from google.(***koh is mean island.)
But my capital(bangkok) is has more traffic jam.If You go to bangkok .I recommented You go to paklongtalad(Thai flower market),Sanamluang and santichaiprakarn park and thai food I recommented "Tom yum goong" and "Pad tai".I think songkran is the most popular festival in thailand.It 's new year of Thailand.It begins on the 13th April and ends on the 15th April
hello pupae... i'm anne from indonesia. i've ever been to Thailand before, it was 3 or 4 years ago. i think i already went to that paklongtalad and also went to the floating market. it was so excited when i was shopping in that floating market. eventhough in indonesia there are also some floating markets but the located is quite far from my place so i've never visited it :cry: . i also like tom yum goong very much. once i had tried to cook it but i guessed not as delicious as i had it in bangkok :wink: . o ya, i also take 'tuk-tuk' there and went to the night market (unfortunately, i forgot the street because you know thai language is hard to spell & remember :roll: ). that was so nice visiting your country :lol: when will you visit my country? we are neighbour, right?
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

[quote="xime"]I would like to know where you are from and maybe you can also tell me about your country, the culture, festivals, food...everything you want as the same form,/quote]

Describing a country can be long... :lol: (history, geography, economics, culture, languages, music, cooking, politics, etc. :lol: )

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
zuri

Post by zuri »

hello everybody :D

I'm from Switzerland..a beautyful country! If you like the winter and want to ski than you are right in Switzerland! The Alpes are fantastic..there are also a lot of churches and culture buildings to visit.
Switzerland has different faces..the Alpes and the big cities!

Have a nice day..
miss

Post by miss »

Hi my name nani
i'm from indonesia,a peace country..have many tribe,five religion (Christian,Catholicism,Islam,Buddha,Hindu), even we have different culture but we are ONE.
August 17 1945,our independence day.
Our flag consist of white and red...white is symbol of bond and red is symbol of blood,integrate in body,the symbol that we are ONE :D
JAKARTA is capital of indonesia, a big city with many activities..but noisy,have problem in traffic jam :evil: Many big building you can find in there, with modern style and sparkling life 8)
And the other city in indonesia have a good place, many beatiful beach..fresh air with green life.
Bali city(beache kuta,beache dream land)
Medan city( lake toba )
Ujung Pandang city(Beache Tanjung Bira)
Yogyakarta (Malioboro)...and many :P
i suggest you to try visit to my country.Believe me to meet kind people and sincere only in Indonesia :wink:
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

Hi everybody. I’m 16 years old… My motherland is Sri Lanka, but I live in Denmark.

I will tell you about both of the countries:

Sri Lanka: It’s an island. It’s very beautiful. If you like tea it’s the right place! And the mountain (uphill countryside) is also wonderful. There are many waterfalls and lakes. And there are many festivals; like Kandy Perehera Festival, where many elephants go.

Denmark: it’s also very beautiful. Small Scandinavian country. There are many entertainments, and the most popular is Tivoli. But there are also many others, like “Bakken”, “Bonbon land”… etc…

and in the both of the countries there are many friendly and nicely peoples, like me :D
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

Hi all of u.My name`s Anna nd I`m from Kosova.
Kosovo has an area of 10,908 square kilometers and a population of about 2.2 million,it`s a small country :oops: :cry: . The largest cities are Pristina, the capital, with an estimated 170,000 inhabitants, Prizren in the south west with a population of 110,000.Most of Kosovo's terrain in mountainous, the highest peak is Gjeravica (2656 m). The main rivers of the region are the White Drin, running towards the Adriatic Sea, with the Erenik among its tributaries), the Sitnica, the South Morava in the Goljak area, and Ibar in the north. The biggest lakes are Gazivoda, Radonjić, Batlava and Badovac.
If u`ll visit Kosova u won`t regret cuz although is a small country it`s so beautiful.Kosova`s most famous cave is ''Shpella e Gadimes''.Kosova`s most beautiful city is Prizeren which is so gr8 :-D.Albanians r very friendly poples,hard workers, kind etc.If u want 2 know sth more `bout Kosova don`t hesitation 2 ask me. ;-)
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

Annaa wrote:Hi all of u.My name`s Anna nd I`m from Kosova.
Kosovo has an area of 10,908 square kilometers and a population of about 2.2 million,it`s a small country :oops: :cry: . The largest cities are Pristina, the capital, with an estimated 170,000 inhabitants, Prizren in the south west with a population of 110,000.Most of Kosovo's terrain in mountainous, the highest peak is Gjeravica (2656 m). The main rivers of the region are the White Drin, running towards the Adriatic Sea, with the Erenik among its tributaries), the Sitnica, the South Morava in the Goljak area, and Ibar in the north. The biggest lakes are Gazivoda, Radonjić, Batlava and Badovac.
If u`ll visit Kosova u won`t regret cuz although is a small country it`s so beautiful.Kosova`s most famous cave is ''Shpella e Gadimes''.Kosova`s most beautiful city is Prizeren which is so gr8 :-D.Albanians r very friendly poples,hard workers, kind etc.If u want 2 know sth more `bout Kosova don`t hesitation 2 ask me. ;-)
You're right, Albanian people are very friendly.. I've many Albanian friends, and they are also very nice and friendly. I like "Albanian tradictional folk dance", and I love to dance it with my friends.. Hehe.. {-:
Please... Correct me if I have a spelling mistake !
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote:
Annaa wrote:Hi all of u.My name`s Anna nd I`m from Kosova.
You're right, Albanian people are very friendly.. I've many Albanian friends, and they are also very nice and friendly. I like "Albanian tradictional folk dance", and I love to dance it with my friends.. Hehe.. {-:

Where did u see Albanian tradicional folk dance :oops: :-D ?,I also love it ,it`s gr8 .
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

I have seen it, when my friends dance it, and then they always want me to join/dance with them {-: ... Then I began to learn Albanian dance from them :mrgreen:. It's so nice and funny :-D :-D

And they always hear Albanian music, when they dance, and its also pretty nice :-P :-P
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote:I have seen it, when my friends dance it, and then they always want me to join/dance with them {-: ... Then I began to learn Albanian dance from them :mrgreen:. It's so nice and funny :-D :-D

And they always hear Albanian music, when they dance, and its also pretty nice :-P :-P

But where did u met Albanian people ?? :shock: :-D
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

I go in class with them, and then we became friends {-: And there are many Albanian people here in Denmark :-P {-:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote:I go in class with them, and then we became friends {-: And there are many Albanian people here in Denmark :-P {-:
Woooww :shock: :shock: ,r they from Albania or from Kosova??,anyway send them a lot of greetings nd love from Kosova :lol: :-D :-D .
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

hehe.. Sure, i will :lol: :lol: I will say to them, that I should send them al lot of greetings and love from Annaa (Kosova), My friend {-: {-; :lol: :lol:

And I think they are from Albania, but born in Macedonia... :-) They offen say that they dont like Macedonia, I dont know why :?: Do you have any idea of why they dont like Macedonia, because all Albanians that I know, says so.. :shock: :shock: And they LOVE Kosova/Kosovo
{-: :-D
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote:hehe.. Sure, i will :lol: :lol: I will say to them, that I should send them al lot of greetings and love from Annaa (Kosova), My friend {-: {-; :lol: :lol:

And I think they are from Albania, but born in Macedonia... :-) They offen say that they dont like Macedonia, I dont know why :?: Do you have any idea of why they dont like Macedonia, because all Albanians that I know, says so.. :shock: :shock: And they LOVE Kosova/Kosovo
{-: :-D

Hmm I know that Albanians in Macedonia don`t have rights althought in Macedonia are living 38% Albanians,that`s the reason why they don`t like Macedonia.What`s your real name Angeleyez >?
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

Uhh, okay... its therefore they dont like Marcedonia.. aha! :geek:

{-:

*Sorry, but i dont give my name on the internet :-|
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

:lol: :lol: Me 2 ,my real name isn`t Anna ,it`s just my short name .
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

:lol: :lol:hahaha... I thought it was your real name :lol: :lol: hehe...
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote::lol: :lol:hahaha... I thought it was your real name :lol: :lol: hehe...

Hahaha no it`s just my short name .
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

Annaa wrote:
angeleyez wrote::lol: :lol:hahaha... I thought it was your real name :lol: :lol: hehe...

Hihi, Okay {-: ..
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote:
Annaa wrote:

Hihi, Okay {-: ..
Why aren`t you never online in your e-mail ?
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

because my laptop doesnt work, and i'm using my sisters laptop now.. when i get my laptop back i'll be more online than im now..
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

angeleyez wrote:

because my laptop doesnt work, and i'm using my sisters laptop now.. when i get my laptop back i'll be more online than im now..

Aha oke,see u my friend.
angeleyez
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by angeleyez »

Annaa wrote:
angeleyez wrote:

Aha oke,see u my friend.
{-:
AzizA

Post by AzizA »

xime wrote:Hi everybody :D , my name is Ximena and I'm new (I hope to make a lot of friends :o ), I'm 19 years old and I'm from Costa Rica.

I would like to know where you are from and maybe you can also tell me about your country, the culture, festivals, food...everything you want as the same form, if you want to know more about my Costa Rica, please ask me :)

I´m going to start :D

Costa Rica is a small country ubicated in Centro America. Costa Rica is well-known by his beaches and volcanoes. Tomorrow (September 15th) we will be celebrating our independence day, a lot of parades will be celebrated in the main streets! of course I will be there :D !
u seem so active!!..I do love such people {-; ,u could summarize your homeland in a very good manner,GOD bless u!
2 years later, I'll became a teacher of English;I'll get quite joy whenever I'll use my English^^
miminguyen

Post by miminguyen »

hi everybody,
i am mimi, i'mfromvietnam and iam 18.I am also new and i hope to learn much more frome all of you, i wanna introduce you my country. I think you have not known much about my country but it's easy to understand because my country is not big and famous but there's a thing i can assure that my country is reaaly nice,the sight is beutiful. i love my country not onle because of the beutiful sight but also the people there. they are very kind, friendly and if you have any chance to come here i think you will understand well about what i have told you. once again nice to meet ;-)
Jarria
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Jarria »

Rolando! Great to know that you are from USA because I visit to there with my friends circle. I think you also carry a great travelling interests just like me and you can provides here a detail information about the travelling destination. Let me know which will be an ideal regions to visit in USA that offers a great opportunity of tourism and you think I must visit there.
baddaywael

Post by baddaywael »

hello everyone!!
My name is Badday and I am 17 years old. I am from Saudi Arabia,First of all Saudi Arabia is an arab country in the middle east, and it has a lot of good opportunities if you want to work in the oil industry.People always think that Saudi Arabia is kind of boring but it gets a lot better when you spend a couple of years.There are things to keep in mind if you want to travel to Saudi Arabia first,women are not allowed to drive cars.Also there are no movie theaters or bars in Saudi Arabia.but there are things that you could do in Saudi Arabia like go out camping and you can also go to fancy malls like Almamlakah and Alfaisalyah.
At last I recommend anyone to check out Saudi Arabia..
Hope you all have fun!!!
Isaiah

Post by Isaiah »

I am new member of this community and want to say hi to all members. After reading the posts of above members I am feeling they have great interest in traveling like me. I hope my stay on this platform will prove really helpful for me.
Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mrdaudiqbal »

I am from pakistan
Daud Iqbal
(kpk teaching jobs,student jobs specialist)
mosunovpa

Post by mosunovpa »

Hi All )
I'm from Russia. I've been in Turkey, China, Thailand. Very beatufil countries!
Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mrdaudiqbal »

mosunovpa wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:11 am Hi All )
I'm from Russia. I've been in Turkey, China, Thailand. Very beatufil countries!
very nice Rassia covers the large area of land :ok:
Daud Iqbal
mosunovpa

Post by mosunovpa »

Yes, Russia is the biggest country in the world. There are many regions with different climates and nature. )
Rantove

Post by Rantove »

I live in Greece, we have a lot of islands and really great food. Lately a lot of foreigners are trying to move here because of a citizenship free programe. You can buy property in Athens https://tranio.com/greece/attica/athens/ and get a passport. Has anyone been here?
Mrdaudiqbal
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mrdaudiqbal »

what is Greece per ca pita income
Daud Iqbal
Hoonat

Post by Hoonat »

Hi I'm Hoonat from France. I love travelling, reading and cooking. have you ever come in France or would you like to and were would be your favorit spot for this?
Have a nice day.
saimjhone

Post by saimjhone »

Canada is the 2nd largest country in the world, though we have little population, due to the fact we're up North (California, a US state. has more people then us). We export lots of wood and one of our well-known products are Maple syrup. We're a democracy, yet we're still under partial control of Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth II. We use a Dollar system different from the USA, and have special one- and two-dollar coins, called the Loonie and the Toonie. We have 10 provinces and 3 territories, and Canada has existed since 1867 (Random fact: Heinz ketchup is just two years younger than us). Our national sports are hockey and Ringette, though we play lots of all sports, our national animals the Beaver/Caribou (We've got a caribou on our Quarter and a Beaver on our Nickel). We don't, in fact, say 'Eh' a lot, and we don't all live in Igloos either. Also, we're one of the few bilingual countries in the world, with our languages being English and French.