Page 1 of 1

Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 am
by aprodianne
Hello... I wonder whether some of the member of this forum have ever been to Indonesia before. If you have, where do you go in Indonesia? and how is your feeling about Indonesia?

Ok, me first.

Actually, I live in Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia). As a big city, Jakarta have a serious problem in traffic jam. We will experience the traffic jam wherever we go, even in the night we can get caught by the traffic jam, especially in weekend night. In weekdays, it's getting worst after office hours when all the people are on the way to their home after working. In spite of that, I love living in Jakarta. Everything we need, Jakarta have it :lol: There are a lot of big & modern shopping malls, restaurants, pubs, and other interesting place.

2008 is the year of VISIT INDONESIA. so, everybody... we are welcoming you to visit Indonesia.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:49 am
by Rui
hello there,

i have no doubts about the beauty of your country, and when it comes to beache Bali must be one of the most fantastic locations for sure, although its a bit damaged here across europe because of the dramatic terrorist attacks some years ago, i know that because some portuguese have died there by that time, i really hope that since there some security measure were taken in order to make it more safely for tourists. Anyway, i definitely would like to go there one day so im looking forward to know further things about your country :wink:

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 am
by aprodianne
lisatang wrote:Hi,
I have been to Bali many times, I do love it very much.
I suggest you should give it a try, but remember avoiding the month of Febuary, March, April and May. It's monsoon season.
Hello lisatang, thanks for dropping by to this thread.

Yes, I also love Bali :D . Usually, I've never loved the beaches before but when I visited Bali with my friends some years ago, I falled in love with the beach. Perhaps you're right not coming to Bali in February, because I rememberred when I visited Bali, it was February and not much visitors coming to the beach, such as Kuta, Dreamland, or Benoa. I just reallized that.

Do you have plan to visit Bali again in this year :) ?

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:11 am
by aprodianne
Rui wrote:hello there,

i have no doubts about the beauty of your country, and when it comes to beache Bali must be one of the most fantastic locations for sure, although its a bit damaged here across europe because of the dramatic terrorist attacks some years ago, i know that because some portuguese have died there by that time, i really hope that since there some security measure were taken in order to make it more safely for tourists. Anyway, i definitely would like to go there one day so im looking forward to know further things about your country :wink:

Hello Rui, thanks for visiting this thread.

I'm so sorry for the bombing accident in Bali some years ago and caused a lot of tourists injured and even died there. When I visited Bali some years ago, I did visit the place where the bombing was happened. There is a monument there where the name of the victims died are stated.

After that accident, there is few of tourist would come there even domestic tourist wouldn't because of the fear, but the magic of the beauty in Bali attract the tourist to come again to Bali not long after that.

Now, Bali is back to normal again. So, when you plan to visit Bali :D ?

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:47 am
by aprodianne
Hello all... I want to share my experience when I was travelling to Medan (North Sumatera province) early this month.

This is my first trip to go to Medan and I found so many interested thing there, such as good tasty foods & beautiful view. I took some pictures of the view. I will submit it here.

First, I attach the photo of TOBA Lake (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). I took that picture in the peak area in North Sumatera, called BRASTAGI. It will take about 3 hours from Brastagi to Toba Lake, while from Medan to Brastagi takes about 3 hours. It was so amazing when I saw that view.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:38 pm
by miss
aprodianne wrote:Hello all... I want to share my experience when I was travelling to Medan (North Sumatera province) early this month.

This is my first trip to go to Medan and I found so many interested thing there, such as good tasty foods & beautiful view. I took some pictures of the view. I will submit it here.

First, I attach the photo of TOBA Lake (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). I took that picture in the peak area in North Sumatera, called BRASTAGI. It will take about 3 hours from Brastagi to Toba Lake, while from Medan to Brastagi takes about 3 hours. It was so amazing when I saw that view.
it's my birth place :mrgreen:
of course you right..medan is a amazing place !!
btw In there you can found many delicious foods with cheap such as kwitiau medan,BPK..many :lol:

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 am
by aprodianne
Oh.. hi miss nani... it's nice to know the own of Medan :lol:

Ya, actually it's been a long time I want to go there. I want to see that Danau Toba & offcourse taste the food. I love to be there :D .

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:31 pm
by miss
:) emm aprodianne,is it your name?? :mrgreen: ..

when the last time you go there??
btw where the city are you ???
don't angry yeah for 3 guestion for you :D :D

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 am
by aprodianne
miss wrote::) emm aprodianne,is it your name?? :mrgreen: ..

when the last time you go there??
btw where the city are you ???
don't angry yeah for 3 guestion for you :D :D
no, it's okay.
yes, it's my name but you can call me Anne.
I went to medan early last month, March 7-9, '08. it's my first time travelling to Medan. I was so excited.
actually, I'm in Jakarta.

how about you? is Nani your name? and where is your location now?
it's nice to know you :D

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:50 am
by miss
aprodianne wrote:
miss wrote::) emm aprodianne,is it your name?? :mrgreen: ..

when the last time you go there??
btw where the city are you ???
don't angry yeah for 3 guestion for you :D :D
no, it's okay.
yes, it's my name but you can call me Anne.
I went to medan early last month, March 7-9, '08. it's my first time travelling to Medan. I was so excited.
actually, I'm in Jakarta.

how about you? is Nani your name? and where is your location now?
it's nice to know you :D
Aprodianne...nice name.
yup my name's Nani..there are many people using the same nani name's :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .maybe i've to change my name hehehe :roll: :roll:
the last times i went to medan on november'08, i visited my twin in there for 3 weeks.
i'm in surabaya..
by the way, Anne where you live in jakarta?

i'm so glad to know you :D :D

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:17 am
by aprodianne
miss wrote:Aprodianne...nice name.
yup my name's Nani..there are many people using the same nani name's :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .maybe i've to change my name hehehe :roll: :roll:
the last times i went to medan on november'08, i visited my twin in there for 3 weeks.
i'm in surabaya..
by the way, Anne where you live in jakarta?

i'm so glad to know you :D :D
i have a childhood friend named Nani also but i don't know where she is now.
no, don't bother with your name. it's just a name :P
the last time you went to medan perhaps you mean on nov '07?
o.. you have twin? it's cool... is it twin sister or brother?
i had been to surabaya few times. our office has a branch & factory at Jl. HR. Muhammad & Rungkut Industri in Surabaya.

in jakarta, i live in tomang area.

so, what are you doing now, Miss Nani? are you student, employee or entrepreneur?

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:16 pm
by miss
i have a childhood friend named Nani also but i don't know where she is now.
no, don't bother with your name. it's just a name :P
the last time you went to medan perhaps you mean on nov '07?
o.. you have twin? it's cool... is it twin sister or brother?
i had been to surabaya few times. our office has a branch & factory at Jl. HR. Muhammad & Rungkut Industri in Surabaya.

in jakarta, i live in tomang area.

so, what are you doing now, Miss Nani? are you student, employee or entrepreneur?
hehehe you right anne, i mean on nov'07
yup it's cool..i remember one day i had a class by mr.cruel. i've a headache so i can't in my class.
lucky my twin in surabaya so she can succeed my position :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
many things we are passed together, our college is different so it's easy for ours to succeed each other.

wow..your branch office is near from my place..i live in tenggilis
i'm working
btw i was leaving jakarta on feb'08. i've sister and any family in there. i like jakarta for shopping and manythings...but as you know about the traffic jam hehe..i just stay there for 1 years and then back again to surabaya.

what's your field ?
so' maybe you've planning to come in surabaya again..!! i can join with you for travelling :lol: :) :lol: :)

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:21 am
by aprodianne
wow... it's very cool... you can succeed each other. btw, what is the different between you and your twin? can everyone recognize you & your twin if they meet only one of you?

o... you just went back to Surabaya? actually, i don't have plan go to surabaya in the near future. i will let you know if i'm in surabaya. how about you? when you come to jakarta again? don't forget to contact me if you're in jkt. actually, eventhough jakarta has a big problem with the traffic jam but i do love jakarta. especially, for shopping & hanging out and i think this is the periode when every shopping mall in jakarta organize big sale, such as Metro and others.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:37 pm
by miss
i have a birth mark at my forehead and my twin at her hand. actually if they meet only one of we, they can't recognize who is? am i or my twin? but if they are meet both of me then they can recognize that we are different.eventhough, firstly the must asking who is nani and who is nana (my twin) ? that's because sometimes we can fooling them..i like for this things :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i don't know when i come to jkt again? in these days i've many things to clear soon but it's certain i will contact you if i'm in jkt. thank you anne..it's pleasure for me to have a friend like you :D :D
yup you right i love jakarta for shopping..

oh ya anne..i don't know the best place in jakarta for hanging out? about the cafe or what else..maybe you wanna share ?

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:26 am
by aprodianne
So, your twin's name is Nana? ya, usually parents give the name almost similar for their twin children :) .

Actually, so many places for hanging out in Jakarta. It's such a long time I never hang out again with my friends. I used to hang out at CJ Bar (I like it the most) in Hotel Mulia, sometimes I went to Kafe Tenda Semanggi & hang out at Comedy Cafe with my friends. If you get stress and want to relax, I think it's better idea if you go to Comedy Cafe, because all the waiter & waitress have imitation behaviour (latah in Indonesia) that can make you laugh very big. It's so funny.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 am
by miss
thanks anne
:D :D :wink:

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:03 am
by Sunnypk
well dear I have never been to indonesia before but I wish to go to see the different countries to speculating their culture, tradition and many more things. I think volcanos are located very much in indonesia am I right :)

ever you ever been see or pass beside the valcono around you hehe it's tremendous horrible

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:05 pm
by linuzka
aprodianne wrote:Hello... I wonder whether some of the member of this forum have ever been to Indonesia before. If you have, where do you go in Indonesia? and how is your feeling about Indonesia?

Ok, me first.

Actually, I live in Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia). As a big city, Jakarta have a serious problem in traffic jam. We will experience the traffic jam wherever we go, even in the night we can get caught by the traffic jam, especially in weekend night. In weekdays, it's getting worst after office hours when all the people are on the way to their home after working. In spite of that, I love living in Jakarta. Everything we need, Jakarta have it :lol: There are a lot of big & modern shopping malls, restaurants, pubs, and other interesting place.

2008 is the year of VISIT INDONESIA. so, everybody... we are welcoming you to visit Indonesia.
Hi, I´m from Costa Rica and I would be charming to know more about your country, things like music, food, culture, wathever you like tell me about that...I can tell you that I live in a small country in central america. But it has a lot of richnesses like beautiful beaches, volcanoes, national parks and a big biodiversity.
well I hope to have news about you country soon

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 3:40 am
by Zooboy

Approdianne,

I have been to Jakarta several times, but i always had Strawberry Jam, Pineapple Jam, ... but never Traffic Jam .. !

Which breakfast resto serves sandwich or toast with Traffic Jam ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

zooboy

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:22 am
by aprodianne
Sunnypk wrote:well dear I have never been to indonesia before but I wish to go to see the different countries to speculating their culture, tradition and many more things. I think volcanos are located very much in indonesia am I right :)

ever you ever been see or pass beside the valcono around you hehe it's tremendous horrible

hi Sunnypk... sorry I reply your posting late.

actually, I've ever passed beside the volcano, its name Bromo Montain, located in East Java of Indonesia. To reach the peak we have to walk on the sand area for about some kilometres & going up with the stairs till the peak. Yes, there is a stair to help the tourists reach the peak easily. Once you get on the peak, you can smell the sulphur very strong. Usually the tourists go there early in the morning so that they can see the sunrise.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:35 am
by aprodianne
linuzka wrote:Hi, I´m from Costa Rica and I would be charming to know more about your country, things like music, food, culture, wathever you like tell me about that...I can tell you that I live in a small country in central america. But it has a lot of richnesses like beautiful beaches, volcanoes, national parks and a big biodiversity.
well I hope to have news about you country soon
hi linuzka, thanks for interesting in my country. actually, Indonesia has a special music called DANGDUT. That's music almost the same as India music but little bit different. At old time, that music was known by the music for the low class but now everybody can enjoy it. for the food, our food is known with the spicy food because our country riches with the spice. one of the food I posted it in the "Food & Drink" forum, titled: Chilli Sauce Crab from Indonesia. you may see it.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:44 am
by aprodianne
Zooboy wrote:
Approdianne,

I have been to Jakarta several times, but i always had Strawberry Jam, Pineapple Jam, ... but never Traffic Jam .. !

Which breakfast resto serves sandwich or toast with Traffic Jam ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

zooboy

hi zooboy,

yeah... there's always traffic jam in Jakarta. that's the one thing I hate the most in Jakarta. but in general, I'm enjoying live here.

If you don't mind to tell me, for what occasion you're in Jkt?

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:18 am
by linuzka
hi linuzka, thanks for interesting in my country. actually, Indonesia has a special music called DANGDUT. That's music almost the same as India music but little bit different. At old time, that music was known by the music for the low class but now everybody can enjoy it. for the food, our food is known with the spicy food because our country riches with the spice. one of the food I posted it in the "Food & Drink" forum, titled: Chilli Sauce Crab from Indonesia. you may see it.[/quote]

Hi aprodianne,

My country doesn't have a characteristic kind of music, we listen music from other countries like salsa, merengue and the most popular actually in the youg people: the reggaeton. Here are few national singers and only ones are recognize in other countries. For example a group called LePop and other called Escats. Those perform pop music.
How about the places in your country? Do you like the extreme sports? I like those ans here are many places where I can do them. :-)

Hey Miss, I think I know you.

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:59 pm
by sriburger
Hi, Miss, I hope you'll read this and reply to me. I also had a dear, dear, childhood friend named Nani, she used to live in Tomang, Jakarta, Indonesia. She was my neighbor, just one house over. The address was used to be Jalan Gelong Baru Tengah. My name is Wida, now everybody call me by my first name, Sri. Most people here,are called by their first name in US. I think, if I'm not mistaken, you used to go to school with her, right?. Please contact me at my email hb830 @ comcast.net, or text me at 717-300-0703, I'm in US, please, please contact me, I'd really appreciate it.
Sri Burger (Wida) :-P

Re: Hey Miss, I think I know you.

Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:43 pm
by Vega
sriburger wrote:Hi, Miss, I hope you'll read this and reply to me. I also had a dear, dear, childhood friend named Nani, she used to live in Tomang, Jakarta, Indonesia. She was my neighbor, just one house over. The address was used to be Jalan Gelong Baru Tengah. My name is Wida, now everybody call me by my first name, Sri. Most people here,are called by their first name in US. I think, if I'm not mistaken, you used to go to school with her, right?. Please contact me at my email hb830 @ comcast.net, or text me at 717-300-0703, I'm in US, please, please contact me, I'd really appreciate it.
Sri Burger (Wida) :-P
You should avoid publishing your personal informations unless you seek harassing (spammers, etc). She would respond faster if you liaised via PM (Private Message), because she would receive a notification to her email.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:32 am
by Krisi
Indonesia has preserved it's natural environment. Beautiful in its own.

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:20 am
by Mrdaudiqbal
aprodianne wrote:
Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:47 am
Hello all... I want to share my experience when I was travelling to Medan (North Sumatera province) early this month.

This is my first trip to go to Medan and I found so many interested thing there, such as good tasty foods & beautiful view. I took some pictures of the view. I will submit it here.

First, I attach the photo of TOBA Lake (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). I took that picture in the peak area in North Sumatera, called BRASTAGI. It will take about 3 hours from Brastagi to Toba Lake, while from Medan to Brastagi takes about 3 hours. It was so amazing when I saw that view.
wow very beautiful lake