EnGlIsHlAnD.

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

Taravat

Time for a break!

Post by Taravat » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:03 am

Hi the silence seekers

It's Friday. What a perfect day! I suspect Friday is the most favorite weekday among my beloved fellow citizens. We work hard the entire week and get some rest on Friday. It's a good thing to breathe a sigh of relief after a tough week. Poor people who have to work on Fridays.

" Those who work on Fridays don't understand the real joy of life."
A saying allegedly by Taravat the great. :-|

OK...I'm here to post an image. Have a lot on my plate at the time... Will discuss it later by the will of Allah. Have fun on your Friday!

:arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :!: :idea: :?: :idea: :!: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :!: :arrow:

Taravat

Happy World Breastfeeding Week!

Post by Taravat » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:08 pm

World Breastfeeding Week 2019 began on Thursday-Mordad 10- and ends on
Wednesday-Mordad 16. Happy this occasion to all breastfeeding mums. Mums are wonderful and we owe them more than just breastfeeding us.

In Iran, the rate of breastfed kids is higher than in many developed countries. It’s good news. It’s said that breastfed kids will make stronger and more intelligent adults. Therefore, we need to raise public awareness in this regard and have more and more breastfed babies

I like occasions and I like celebrating occasions, particularly such concepts that have a direct impact on public health. So, a group of colleagues and I opened a fair in our workplace in which breastfeeding mothers can get free counseling services in this regard. Also, we encouraged small kids to do painting and thank their lovely mums this way.

How else do we raise public awareness on this topic?
Thank you!

Taravat

Mr- and Ms- know-alls!

Post by Taravat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi everybody

I was off today- a quite refreshing day away from my workplace after a few months of hard work!
Look...I'm a simple person who becomes pleased with simple things! ;)
Taravat wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:03 am
:arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :!: :idea: :?: :idea: :!: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow: :idea: :!: :arrow:
Well...I posted this image a few days ago but I didn't have time to elaborate on it. So, today is the day. I'm gonna write a lil bit about this image.
I used to be interested in psychology and used to buy and read many psychology books. I have a library with many different psychology books.
I'm here to confess that I'm not interested in these types of books anymore. I'd rather read a cookbook than a psychology book. But why is that?
I don't want to offend psychologists, but it's a personal idea. I changed my mind about psychology after I met a friend who was a psychologist-or a so-called one. You know how it feels like to have such a friend? It’s like you are a small kid that needs their support in every aspect of life- even the most trivial or the simplest affairs. It’s like they are Mr- and Ms-know- all. Some psychologist dare to give you advice even if you don’t want. As to psychology books, they are like cookbooks that give you a single recipe-Oh…sorry…instructions- for different situations. They think humans are so simple-Like open books that can be read easily. They try to read humans, not knowing humans are so complex and illegible. I’m not generalizing my personal idea to all psychologists. I’m just talking about my opinion.
By the way, ever had a friend who was a psychologist?

Taravat

ToMyReaders.

Post by Taravat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:26 pm

Just felt like thanking my readers!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Taravat

How to keep our kids entertained and quiet?!?

Post by Taravat » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:03 pm

How to keep our kids entertained and quiet?!?

This is one of those frequently asked questions by most parents. Origami or the art of paper folding could be a solution.
I took some scrap pieces of paper and visited a web to learn how to make a bunny origami.

This is how I was instructed!

This is how it turned out!

Pretty close to the original one, huh? :-|
Give it a try. I bet you will love it more than your kids do in the end.

Taravat

To whom it may concern!

Post by Taravat » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:00 pm

Taravat

First Law of Thermodynamics; Energy Conversion.

Post by Taravat » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:30 pm

Ever noticed we feel more tired on weekends than on weekdays oftentimes? Why is that?

I was thinking about this topic and came up with some premises. Here my rationales go:

Although I was not good at physics in high school, :roll: I wanna make a connection between biology and physics to elaborate on this topic. Hope physicists and biologists will excuse me and not become angry.

As the Energy Conversion Law is concerned, Energy can neither be destroyed nor be created, but it transforms into other forms of energy. In the human body, the energy we consume to do the jobs converts to other forms of energy such as heat and useful work. We usually do less job on weekends and try to get some rest, and in some cases including me, oversleep. Therefore, we don’t consume much energy. Consequently, our body stores extra energy in the form of fat. In other words, the less energy our body consumes, the less energy conversion. Right? That's probably why we feel refreshed after a workout or an exercise than a boring weekend on which we just get relaxed.

Besides, being active and doing exercise is thought to be connected with some hormonal secretions-i.e. Endorphin, Serotonin, etc- as well. In addition, the sense of self-confidence we experience after we get a job or exercise done lifts our spirits and makes us feel a lot better.

Another explanation of mine is linked to the biological clock. You know, sleep cycle and physical activities in every human are personal and unique. Some people are night owls and some others are early birds and they all are used to their own sleep cycles.
Any interruption in our biological clock leads to exhaustion, tiredness, and fatigue. On weekends, we have more spare hours to oversleep and that interrupts our biological clock. Therefore, we feel more tired and bored on the weekends, particularly the ones on which we oversleep and do less useful work.

Some other factors are also involved in feeling tired on weekends including, depression, stressful work environment, and whatnot.

Thanks for reading. Stay fine everybody.

Taravat

Happy Eid-al-Adha!

Post by Taravat » Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Happy Eid-al-Adha to all my Muslim brothers and sisters around the world. In Persian, we call this holiday " Eid-e-Qurban". Eid-e-Qurban refers to the story of Ibrahim (PBUH), one of the prophets of Allah who underwent a BIG test. In fact, he was challenged to sacrifice his son as proof of his obedience towards Allah. He intended to do so and almost did. By the will of Allah, however, his son survived. Therefore, he could pass the test in the end. Muslims around the world sacrifice sheep to commemorate that day annually.

What's the moral of this commemoration? What do we sacrifice to show our obedience to Allah? Let's contemplate about it.

Taravat

The road less traveled!

Post by Taravat » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi

Today, I felt under the weather in the early morning and had this inner conflict whether to go to work or not! Finally, I decided to take a day off even though I've had a lot on my plate! I feel a lot better now. THANK GOD! We humans take everything for granted until we lose them!

I learned a new idiom. That is " To take the road less traveled." Something like "To swim against the stream." Ever heard of that? Are you the type of people who take the risk and take the road less traveled? I'll write about it later!

Catchya