Let us boycot consuming !

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Sun May 22, 2005 1:50 pm

believe or not, a simple lifesyle is more comfortable than a luxury one.

People tend to chase luxury lifestyle, because luxury lifestyle is aparently more admirable than simple one. but when people chase luxury lifestyles, actually, they are hogging our offsprings' properties.

I agree, we should leave something for our kids.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sun May 22, 2005 4:02 pm

You can eat local food !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

vince90
Gold Member

Postby vince90 » Sun May 22, 2005 6:21 pm

Don't you need money to buy the local food? There is nothing for free then.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sun May 22, 2005 8:39 pm

Are you forced to buy many products ?

Shokin

vince90
Gold Member

Postby vince90 » Mon May 23, 2005 2:40 pm

No, but I buy what I need. [/quote][/url][/list][/code]

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Mon May 23, 2005 4:27 pm

People often think some things are necessary when they are not.

Shokin

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Mon May 23, 2005 4:54 pm

If something dosen't make big difference for our lives, then it is unnecessary.

Months ago, I tried to learn driving, but I failed anyway. as soon as I held the steering wheel, I just couldn't help shivering, and then some kind of great fear overwhelmed me heavily. at last, my coach got mad. he roared:"what is going on?? remember! the truck would never kill you anyway! Don't be afraid of it!" I said:"sorry, coach...but I think I am killing you, however, now I am afraid of both you and the truck." he laughed. actually, he was a nice guy. finally, he told me:"don't get depressed! you can't drive a car well, it is ok. it dosen't mean anything. maybe it means that you don't wanna consume too much fuel." listening to his words, I felt better. and I said:"thank you. your words make my day. although it dosen't make sense :mrgreen: "

back to this topic. for me, a car isn't necessary. if I have it, and I know how to drive it, of course, it is a convenience. but since I don't know how to drive well, then it is ok. I can take bus to go everywhere. no big difference.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Mon May 23, 2005 5:11 pm

Yes, cars are not necessary if public transports are well developped. Or you can use them very few times (for example in Switzerland). [train and bus cover a great part of Switzerland, then you can go on foot or with bicycle !]

Who said that life has to be easy, without effort ?

Shokin

vince90
Gold Member

Postby vince90 » Mon May 23, 2005 5:46 pm

RedRose wrote:Come on! Guys! Don't you think you guys both got each other wrong?

if we need something for our necessary lives, we buy it, it is ok; and if we waste our limited resources, then that is what we should boycott, right?

Oh, sometimes we should take more time to get each other well.

I totally agree with RedRose. I don’t buy thing that I don’t need. Beside that I don’t want to waste my money for junk stuffs. My point is if you totally boycott consumed, your economic will be suffered and it will cause a lot of people without jobs. For me recycle things is one of the best way that I can do and I do it everyday. We have this program installs in our town and the town collect our recycle once a week. That all I have and hope you understand.

Chet Baker
Gold Member

Postby Chet Baker » Tue May 24, 2005 9:06 am

Boycott consuming is too broad for discussion; it should be confined into smaller topic. For example, boycott consuming of plastic bag (agree) or boycott consuming of fuel (agree).

I agree that people are used to buy things which are unnecessary. Ironically, it seems that they understand and admit that these stuffs are useless for them. I think the problem is that people are tempted to buy these stuffs by the promotion or advertisement of manufacturers or chained store. People in material are educated by TV advertisement and the social atmosphere seems to be controlled by number of famous brands, such as LV, Motorola, Nokia and so on. New models are issued very frequently, thus people unceasingly seek for new stuffs even though there are only slightly different between the old one and new one. This is commercial activities and it cannot be stopped.

allison
Silver Member

Re: Let us boycot consuming !

Postby allison » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:32 am

shokin wrote:Good morning everybody !

I send this message to everyone who reads it :

Let us boycot consuming !

Consuming is encouraging the productions, which means using natural ressources on Earth, which - we have to remember and remember ! - are limited.

Consuming is becoming dependant on the product that we consume. Consuming means getting a new need, but a need that we can send away, a false need.

Consuming is giving energy to the enterprises, to the liberals. Consuming is a liberal attitude.

Let you consume the least, let you consume local (as in time as in space).

Never think "They do, I (have to) do.".

Let you not consume more, inform, act !

Favorise the local in order better to respect the global.

Follow the voluntary simplicity !

http://www.theworld.com/~habib/thegarden//simplicity/

Shokin

But the raw materials of what we frequently use are coming mostly from natural resources so, do you think it's worth the act of boycotting such organization? I think, you're out of reason and trying to think different only... :-)
[color=#404000][i]We cannot control the evil tongues of others, but good life enables us to disregard them.[/i][/color]

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 am

I boycotting consuming already long time, because I don't have so much money. And actually since I hate cars I'm troubled to buy big heavy things that can't transport by hand or bicycle. I need to buy some building goods and new bed to me, but then I need a car to transport them, but I can't because how I then "pooh-pooh" those who have car?

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Krisi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:42 am

Hardi wrote:I boycotting consuming already long time, because I don't have so much money. And actually since I hate cars I'm troubled to buy big heavy things that can't transport by hand or bicycle. I need to buy some building goods and new bed to me, but then I need a car to transport them, but I can't because how I then "pooh-pooh" those who have car?

So the lesson is; It's better to think of a solution than to create another problem. :-)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:35 am

Krisi wrote:
Hardi wrote:I boycotting consuming already long time, because I don't have so much money. And actually since I hate cars I'm troubled to buy big heavy things that can't transport by hand or bicycle. I need to buy some building goods and new bed to me, but then I need a car to transport them, but I can't because how I then "pooh-pooh" those who have car?

So the lesson is; It's better to think of a solution than to create another problem. :-)

Well said !

Shokin

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Krisi » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:22 am

shokin wrote:
Krisi wrote:

Well said !

Shokin

Really? :oops: Thanks shokin! :-D

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”