Bullying in school??What do you think about it??

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:09 am

gill wrote:bullying? never experienced it. is that such a problem? hmm, one would expect some society level... but seems theres nothing like that out there...

My brother got beaten up by black kids. I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:28 am

i guess bullying in my school never took place and I'm glad that no one got hurt but there is also mental bullying. Like you know people in your school refuse to talk to you or they just call your names. My online friend used to deal with that kind of bullying and because of that she had to see the therapist ever week and her level of self-esteem got really low... it's sad how other people act when they don't like someone. Even if we're not fond of that person, we shouldn't show him or her our disrespect...

ProfessorVerb
Gold Member
Posts: 164
Joined: Sat May 07, 2005 8:41 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: U.S.

Postby ProfessorVerb » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:34 am

Clearly, there are very pretty women in Poland...
_________________
http://pbskids.org/dragontales/dragon_s ... g_zak.html (Click on "Dragon Tales Theme" and sing along -- you know you want to...) -- Professor Verb

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:56 am

LennyeTran wrote:
gill wrote:bullying? never experienced it. is that such a problem? hmm, one would expect some society level... but seems theres nothing like that out there...

My brother got beaten up by black kids. I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.


How are you going to teach them a lesson? :?

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 891
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Postby Danyet » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:11 am

LennyeTran wrote: I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.
This is good. It brings a slight smile to my face and gladness to my heart. Revenge can be a noble cause. At least that is what the Vikings believed, before the missionaries ruined them.

Running away, as authorityquery suggested, is only going to make you a bully's favorite play toy. One should learn to protect ones self and family. Myself? Today I spent my morning practicing how to get away from an attacker by taking his hand, breaking his thumb as I drive my arm past it in order to strike with my fingers into his temple, cheek, ear or eye, then breaking the elbow as his head is forced into the ground, studying martial arts.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:16 am

danyet wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.
This is good. It brings a slight smile to my face and gladness to my heart. Revenge can be a noble cause. At least that is what the Vikings believed, before the missionaries ruined them.

Running away, as authorityquery suggested, is only going to make you a bully's favorite play toy. One should learn to protect ones self and family. Myself? Today I spent my morning practicing how to get away from an attacker by taking his hand, breaking his thumb as I drive my arm past it in order to strike with my fingers into his temple, cheek, ear or eye, then breaking the elbow as his head is forced into the ground, studying martial arts.


My god how violent! :roll:

I dealt (and so did my younger brother) bullying at school. We didn't need to resort to breaking peoples limbs :roll: . You are a bully as well if you resort to those sorts of methods.

My brothers both had some fights with people at school. In those days no one worried about their son coming home with a black eye after a punch up; and things usually settled down.

I think the person that is being bullied should be the one that deals with the person. However, if there is more than one (a group of bullies; attacking one person) families obviously do need to get involved; but I don't think a full on street war is going to do anyone any good; usually it makes things worse (the cycle of retaliation never finishes).

In my day if there was a group bullying one person; parents discussed it with other parents.

It is so sad that we are encouraging young people to take matters into their own hands; and not confide in their parents for help.

User avatar
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 891
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:29 am
Status: English Teacher
Location: USA

Postby Danyet » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:37 am

shazzam1452 wrote:
It is so sad that we are encouraging young people to take matters into their own hands; and not confide in their parents for help.


What on Earth are you talking about? In my day we never involved our parents in our schoolyard fights. We always took care of buisiness when needed reguardless of teachers and parents. And that is how it should be. It is part of growing up. Getting teachers and parents involved in the affairs of schoolboys will only produce a crop of spoiled and selfish girly-men.

P.S. Of course my style of martial art is violent. It is supposed to be. My instructor taught Norweigian Police departments. And there are no bullies studying this with me. Only the kind of people you would hope for, to come to your aid, if you needed such.

Admiral

Postby Admiral » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:57 am

Fighting is the best way to deal with bulliers.
If one wants to bully you, go ahead and hit him.
If you know that you will loose, then do some training.
As long as you are not frightened of anything, you will win the fight.

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:54 pm

danyet wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:
It is so sad that we are encouraging young people to take matters into their own hands; and not confide in their parents for help.


What on Earth are you talking about? In my day we never involved our parents in our schoolyard fights. We always took care of buisiness when needed reguardless of teachers and parents. And that is how it should be. It is part of growing up. Getting teachers and parents involved in the affairs of schoolboys will only produce a crop of spoiled and selfish girly-men.

P.S. Of course my style of martial art is violent. It is supposed to be. My instructor taught Norweigian Police departments. And there are no bullies studying this with me. Only the kind of people you would hope for, to come to your aid, if you needed such.


Maybe you should spend a little more time on your comprehension and read my post with a little more time taken! :roll: Taking fragments of a post to prosecute isn't ideal. :roll: :roll: :idea:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:36 am

shazzam1452 wrote: How are you going to teach them a lesson? :?

We told him to walk alone on the street as a bait, and we were following him in the car. However, those kids didn't show up. Maybe they knew better not to show up.
Anyway, it was a long time ago. I wouldn't see the messages of this topic if I didn't come to check it.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:38 am

danyet wrote: This is good. It brings a slight smile to my face and gladness to my heart. Revenge can be a noble cause. At least that is what the Vikings believed, before the missionaries ruined them.

Running away, as authorityquery suggested, is only going to make you a bully's favorite play toy. One should learn to protect ones self and family. Myself? Today I spent my morning practicing how to get away from an attacker by taking his hand, breaking his thumb as I drive my arm past it in order to strike with my fingers into his temple, cheek, ear or eye, then breaking the elbow as his head is forced into the ground, studying martial arts.

Haha... really funny Danyet. Like you would actually do this stuff... :roll: :roll: :roll:

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:24 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: How are you going to teach them a lesson? :?

We told him to walk alone on the street as a bait, and we were following him in the car. However, those kids didn't show up. Maybe they knew better not to show up.
Anyway, it was a long time ago. I wouldn't see the messages of this topic if I didn't come to check it.


OR MAYBE bullies get bored! I think this is what happens a lot they get bored with one prey and move onto another (short attention span). What do you think? :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:21 am

shazzam1452 wrote: OR MAYBE bullies get bored! I think this is what happens a lot they get bored with one prey and move onto another (short attention span). What do you think? :lol:

I don't know. To me, they were getting smart. It's because if they didn't, they would get serious beaten up. I hate people who bully others :x .

User avatar
Silvita
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:52 pm

Postby Silvita » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:57 pm

Have you ever been victim of bullies??
Yes.
How did you feel??
A little angry, but I resolved that.
(Carrie)

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:21 pm

Silvita wrote:Have you ever been victim of bullies??
Yes.
How did you feel??
A little angry, but I resolved that.
(Carrie)


I got bullied at school too; and so did my younger brother, and we went to school together.

The thing that we had in our favor is that we were always together, so we were united against them. I must admit I got out of most of the problems with talk. I just talked it up and made out I was tough; but inside it was so hard.

I feel sorry for kids that are bullied; i think most go through it.

The only thing that I must say is that I think bullying has taken a whole new level. Kids are now carrying weapons. This didn't happen when I was growing up.

That is why in previous posts I have said that kids really need to talk with their parents. Bullying can get very serous indeed. You need to keep in touch with your parents so they can help you out. Sometimes a playground fight isn't going to solve it.


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests