FIND THE POSITIVES!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:33 pm

I wonder how many people go through their day to day lives finding positive things. I drive through the streets and see so many people with unhappy faces and angry words. What do you find in your life that you can think of everyday that makes you feel happy? We have so much to be grateful for. Do you think we have lost our way in the importance of the simple things of life?

Guest

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:38 pm

Just because you find many positive things in life doesn't mean you have lost your way in the importance of the simple things. Simple things doesn't have to be negative things, don't you think? Loving your family, friends, and others is simple and it's positive. Looking at an unfortunate person and being thankful for you are not in that situation are simple and positive. Looking at a cruel, hateful, angry person and being thankful for you are not that like them are simple and positive. There are more to say. Seeeeee it's easy to be positive and it's simple. Just don't over-clarify what and what should be then things are more simple than you think they should be ;) .

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby Shazzam » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:44 pm

I sort of see where you are coming from but its not really what I meant and I must admit I found the last paragraph a little confusing!

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:18 am

shazzam1452 wrote: We have so much to be grateful for. Do you think we have lost our way in the importance of the simple things of life?

Just because you find many positive things in life doesn't mean you have lost your way in the importance of the simple things. Simple things doesn't have to be negative things, don't you think? Loving your family, friends, and others is simple and it's positive. Looking at an unfortunate person and being thankful for you are not in that situation are simple and positive. Looking at a cruel, hateful, angry person and being thankful for you are not that like them are simple and positive. There are more to say.
Seeeeee it's easy to be positive and it's simple. Just don't over-clarify what and what should be then things are more simple than you think they should be ;) .
What makes you confused?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:28 am

You have taken what I wrote as one thing instead of two that is what is confusing. They are two different things. Remaining positive where possible. And enjoying the simple things in life. (Didn't mean for the topic to be joined together). Do you get it?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 am

shazzam1452 wrote:You have taken what I wrote as one thing instead of two that is what is confusing. They are two different things. Remaining positive where possible. And enjoying the simple things in life. (Didn't mean for the topic to be joined together). Do you get it?

Well, I saw there were two things; however, I answered them as one.
The first one I saw was,
shazzam1452 wrote:I wonder how many people go through their day to day lives finding positive things. I drive through the streets and see so many people with unhappy faces and angry words. What do you find in your life that you can think of everyday that makes you feel happy?


And the second one I saw was,
shazzam1452 wrote:We have so much to be grateful for. Do you think we have lost our way in the importance of the simple things of life?

So, am I on the track now or I'm still lost somewhere? :?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby Shazzam » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:17 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:You have taken what I wrote as one thing instead of two that is what is confusing. They are two different things. Remaining positive where possible. And enjoying the simple things in life. (Didn't mean for the topic to be joined together). Do you get it?

Well, I saw there were two things; however, I answered them as one.
The first one I saw was,
shazzam1452 wrote:I wonder how many people go through their day to day lives finding positive things. I drive through the streets and see so many people with unhappy faces and angry words. What do you find in your life that you can think of everyday that makes you feel happy?


And the second one I saw was,
shazzam1452 wrote:We have so much to be grateful for. Do you think we have lost our way in the importance of the simple things of life?

So, am I on the track now or I'm still lost somewhere? :?


Thankyou for the reply and yes you have got it right! Thanks for that! 8) :D

User avatar
allison
Silver Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:47 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: FIND THE POSITIVES!

Postby allison » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 am

Shazzam wrote: We have so much to be grateful for. Do you think we have lost our way in the importance of the simple things of life?


A good reminder indeed! Thanks Shazzam... :-)
[color=#404000][i]We cannot control the evil tongues of others, but good life enables us to disregard them.[/i][/color]


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests