common sense is a sense which is not common

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

baloch
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Pakistan
Contact:

common sense is a sense which is not common

Postby baloch » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:12 am

what you say about that. is a common sense prevail every where or mostly people dont have

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Re: common sense is a sense which is not common

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:13 pm

baloch wrote:what you say about that. is a common sense prevail every where or mostly people dont have


:D :lol: :lol: :lol: Wonderful, so true!!

RedRose

Re: common sense is a sense which is not common

Postby RedRose » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:36 pm

baloch wrote:what you say about that. is a common sense prevail every where or mostly people dont have


I didn't get it. can you give me an example?

User avatar
cristina
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:47 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

common sense

Postby cristina » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:37 pm

common sense is very personal. Your own ideas :idea: determine your common sense :!:

User avatar
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:23 pm
Location: Milano, Italy

Postby frengo » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:13 pm

I think that generally we define "common sense" something that actually is just the way used by the mass to react to situations. Following this principle, "common" doesn't mean "good". Good sense is a different thing yet.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:19 pm

frengo wrote:I think that generally we define "common sense" something that actually is just the way used by the mass to react to situations. Following this principle, "common" doesn't mean "good". Good sense is a different thing yet.


hmmm. now I think I already got it by reading frengo's explanation.

for example, most people think that Titanic is a great and popular movie...that is a common sense, however, I don't think so, in the other words, I don't have such a common sense! I think Titanic sucks! by contrast, I prefer porn to Titanic.

that is a great example for the thesis of the thread?

baloch
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Pakistan
Contact:

Postby baloch » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:07 am

Common sense means "do the things right"

baloch
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:38 am
Location: Pakistan
Contact:

Postby baloch » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:18 am

Red Rose you dont understand the common sense.

common sense is just like you think. thats belong to your personality,

for example. you told us that you took a shover without a curtain covering the window. and you thought that no one see you. that is your common sense. thats wrong at that time because a boy next to your appartment see you naked.

i think you be understand about common sense.

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:33 am

baloch wrote:Red Rose you dont understand the common sense.

common sense is just like you think. thats belong to your personality,

for example. you told us that you took a shover without a curtain covering the window. and you thought that no one see you. that is your common sense. thats wrong at that time because a boy next to your appartment see you naked.

i think you be understand about common sense.

thanks dears baloch, now I got it.

I very appreciate your explanation.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:57 am

I like that phrase: Common sense is a sense that is not common. I think it's so true!

Elba
Gold Member
Posts: 456
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:51 am
Status: English Learner
Location: México
Contact:

Postby Elba » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:39 pm

Baloch wrote:common sense is just like you think. thats belong to your personality,

for example. you told us that you took a shover without a curtain covering the window. and you thought that no one see you. that is your common sense. thats wrong at that time because a boy next to your appartment see you naked.

i think you be understand about common sense


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then, the common sense for Redrose is to be wrong...intentionally... :mrgreen:

RedRose

Postby RedRose » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:25 pm

hahahaha! intentionally???

how come you guys treat an innocent woman like that?

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:14 am

RedRose wrote:
baloch wrote:Red Rose you dont understand the common sense.

common sense is just like you think. thats belong to your personality,

for example. you told us that you took a shover without a curtain covering the window. and you thought that no one see you. that is your common sense. thats wrong at that time because a boy next to your appartment see you naked.

i think you be understand about common sense.

thanks dears baloch, now I got it.

I very appreciate your explanation.


Common sense for RedRose in this situation would have been to put a curtain up before taking a shower. That is common sense.
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
hedwig14
Silver Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:40 am
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Postby hedwig14 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:23 am

i believe that common sense is a sense that is common to us...
it's like third eye.. all of us have it yet only few are able to use and open their third eyes..
with respect to being a human being, i guess some are not able to use their common sense because of their attitude..
but, actually, we use our common sense in our everyday life, though not all the time. we often use it in a haste situation.

User avatar
pob
Silver Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Wed May 11, 2005 7:52 pm
Location: Bilbao

Re: common sense is a sense which is not common

Postby pob » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:04 pm

baloch wrote:what you say about that. is a common sense prevail every where or mostly people dont have



I think common sense is what Plato called "Daimon" and Boudhists call "Budha nature"...
so everybody has it, but not everybody wants to use it.
:( :shock: :) :o :cry: :x :oops: :evil: :?
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)

User avatar
Ika
Silver Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:07 pm
Location: Latvia
Contact:

Postby Ika » Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:46 pm

hmm, so, what does the dictionary say?
common sense - normal intelligence, average knowledge, reason

yap, we don't have it in common 8)
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests