hardest word to say...

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

hedwig14
Silver Member

hardest word to say...

Postby hedwig14 » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:30 am

"Sorry seems to be the hardest word".
as i listen to the song of blue feat elton john, my mind kept asking, is sorry really the hardest word to say?
i often hear people saying sorry to their friends, parents, siblings if they have quarelled or made them mad. so why has it to be the hardest word?
i don't know why, maybe it's because their sorry is not that sincere? but still they say it... i just can't understand... alleviate this, will you? :(

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:46 pm

I think it's even harder to say Please forgive me.

me&myself
Silver Member

Postby me&myself » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:49 pm

i think that the hardest word is: "Bye" when you know that the person you really love won't come back

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:41 pm

me&myself wrote:i think that the hardest word is: "Bye" when you know that the person you really love won't come back

Yeah that's even harder, too.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:10 pm

Moving on, those are hard to say or think of. Moving on from a love, a death, a sorrow, etc. is so hard to do. Most of the time, a person who has been moving on sometimes still finds himself/herself seeing the past or a memories in things :cry: .

hedwig14
Silver Member

Postby hedwig14 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:48 am

what do you think "i'm happy" when you're not?
:( same old thing... we say we're happy even if we're not just to please people around us..

me&myself
Silver Member

Postby me&myself » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:17 am

hedwig14 wrote:what do you think "i'm happy" when you're not?
:( same old thing... we say we're happy even if we're not just to please people around us..

yes its hard to feign that you are well when you are sad :(

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:53 pm

"Help" is also hard to say.. First: asking help is undignified. And second: the fear of rebuff.

Silver Member

Postby 123456 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:30 am

Hardi wrote:"Help" is also hard to say.. First: asking help is undignified. And second: the fear of rebuff.

No I don't think "help" is not hard to say. First, we are human, we are not gods. There are many things that can't be managed by yourself. So we need help from others. It's very simple to say "I need help". There's nothing undinified. Second, we don't fear of rebuff, cause they understand that there will be a time that they need our help, so they will help us.
From my standpoint, the hardest words are things that make our close people mad. But in some situation we can't control ourself, it is easiest to say those words.

pBaL
Silver Member

Postby pBaL » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:16 am

"I love you"___ Let us try imagining that you are telling that sentence to an Enemy! Are they the hardest words to say? he he :mrgreen:

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:09 pm

I think sorry is definately hard for alot of people to say because it means you have made a mistake and not many people like to admit that.

I would say that this is closely followed by I LOVE YOU. I think there are many reasons why people are frightened to say I love you: but mostly the fear of rejection; followed closely by the fear of commitment.

Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Arale » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:38 pm

hedwig14 wrote:what do you think "i'm happy" when you're not?

When you're not happy, just say 'I'm unhappy'. :wink: Well, but sometimes telling lie is better. :roll:
As for me, the hardest words to say are 'forgive me'. It means I made a terrible mistake that would hurt others. It's much harder when we want to say 'forgive me' but the person who we ever hurt has gone away. Hope not to have to say 'forgive me' in the rest of life.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...

quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby quicksilver » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:09 am

In my opinion, say "love" it is the hardest word.
:roll: Maybe " sorry seems to be the hardest word" is Elton John's and now is Blue's :wink:

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:32 am

Arale wrote: When you're not happy, just say 'I'm unhappy'. :wink: Well, but sometimes telling lie is better. :roll:
As for me, the hardest words to say are 'forgive me'. It means I made a terrible mistake that would hurt others. It's much harder when we want to say 'forgive me' but the person who we ever hurt has gone away. Hope not to have to say 'forgive me' in the rest of life.

_Arale_

Same thing as a sorry apology, but just to put it fancy :roll: .

hedwig14
Silver Member

Postby hedwig14 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:05 am

quicksilver7486 wrote:In my opinion, say "love" it is the hardest word.
:roll: Maybe " sorry seems to be the hardest word" is Elton John's and now is Blue's :wink:

love may not be a hard word for those people who takes love as just something unimportant or just for play sake.
though, for some instance, it is important for those people who love someone he's not suppose to love.
maybe it's also hard to say when you love him or you just think you do.
or it's hard when you love him but you also hate him. it's all part of the insanity you'll feel if you love, i guess. :wink:

Silver Member

Postby 123456 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 pm

quicksilver7486 wrote:In my opinion, say "love" it is the hardest word.

"love" is the hardes word to say because after saying that word he/she loses his/her freedom. :D :roll:

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:21 pm

Haa! this is blackmail.

I LOVE YOU!!! If you want again free, then send me 10000000000 $.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:31 pm

My Philosophy teacher once told us, "if anyone tells you he/she loves you. Ask that person why. And if possible and fun, tell that person to make the whole list why that person loves you." He explained that the sentence I love you is so vague like other sentences out there; therefore, don't take words for granted since they could carry a million meanings. That's why politicians only make speeches during his term because he could say different thing as like, "I've never said it like that" or "You've misunderstood me..." blah blah blah.....

DeadDream

Postby DeadDream » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi!
its hard to say 'I love u', 'I miss u', 'Sorry', 'Good bye' for me. cause all of this sentences expresses human feels and privat emotions. i think most peolpe find it difficult.
Fight 4 your L!

idalia
Gold Member

Postby idalia » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:10 am

For me... "good bye", this is the worst phrase, the most difficult to say to a person you really love, and when you're sure that person won't come back. :(

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”