Have a tattoo,good or bad?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

yukachan
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:30 am

Have a tattoo,good or bad?

Postby yukachan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:28 am

In America,generally it seems that young people have a tattoo as accessory.Also,in Japan,tatoo is in fashion among the young recently.They do it easily just because it is pretty or cool.I think we should not wear a tattoo easily because the tattoo remains in your body forever.
What do you think?
In addition,I think we should take good care of on bodies which are given by parents.

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6337
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:47 am

Personally, I don't like them and I would never get one, but I am not against them. People can get them if they want. Although there are some extremes two! Imagine those people who've got tattoos all over their bodies. Is that beautiful?

On the other hand, just a tiny one might be nice and even sexy.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Have a tattoo,good or bad?

Postby MissLT » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:21 am

yukachan wrote:In America,generally it seems that young people have a tattoo as accessory.Also,in Japan,tatoo is in fashion among the young recently.They do it easily just because it is pretty or cool.I think we should not wear a tattoo easily because the tattoo remains in your body forever.
What do you think?
In addition,I think we should take good care of on bodies which are given by parents.

It's extremely dumb to me when people have tattooes of their lovers' names on their bodies. I mean, I can pass a tattoo of their parents', siblings', pets' names on them, but lovers' names??? :roll: C'mon... You don't change your parents, siblings, or pets but you do break up with lovers if things won't work out. You'll have to get a laser to erase the tattoo if it happens? Stupid, isn't it...

User avatar
Ika
Silver Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:07 pm
Location: Latvia
Contact:

Postby Ika » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:11 am

No no no, they are too permanent!!! My taste will change,because I am human, it should be so, and then what? Painful procedure to take it off? and have another one? Brrrr....
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:41 am

I personally don't like them. However I have seen some that have been done in good taste and that look ok. What I hate is people that cover themselves in them, no matter what they look like. I think you can go overboard with it, the same with piercings. :roll: I would never get anyones name tatooed, i know heaps of young guys that have had their girlfriends names tatooed on them and then they break up. NOT GOOD!! :lol: :lol:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:29 am

It is very ugly,,I hate it.
it maks body like pic

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:16 am

ahmads wrote:It is very ugly,,I hate it.
it maks body like pic


It can be a very dangerous practice to ahmads. If you have a tattoo done with a dirty needle you can get very sick, even die. It just isn't worth it. What happens later in life when you skin is becoming wrinkled etc, they look terrible, plus the ink usually goes black and all the colour in them fades away.

:roll:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:27 am

Shazzam wrote:
ahmads wrote:It is very ugly,,I hate it.
it maks body like pic


It can be a very dangerous practice to ahmads. If you have a tattoo done with a dirty needle you can get very sick, even die. It just isn't worth it. What happens later in life when you skin is becoming wrinkled etc, they look terrible, plus the ink usually goes black and all the colour in them fades away.

:roll:

but there is another reason,,
I think there are many people who make tattoo are youth ,,
when them grow up and when their ideas will changes ,they find difficulty to remove it even if they don't have
wrinkle,because it destroys the shape of body and its color.
maybe it doesn't reason to another people

User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:29 am

I don't know ahmad there are alot of older people getting them now (especially women). They have become a fashion trend. :roll:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:50 am

Shazzam wrote:I don't know ahmad there are alot of older people getting them now (especially women). They have become a fashion trend. :roll:

sorry ,, but you know , there are many bad thing in this world :roll: :idea:

maleeka
Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:30 am
Location: morocco

Re: Have a tattoo,good or bad?

Postby maleeka » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:01 am

FIRST OF all, our bodies are given by god not parents because parents were created by god so everything returns back to god. Secondly, yes i AGREE with you ,tatoo remains for good, when we are teens we like to do things that are fashionable, and we don't pay attention that nothing lasts, every year we have a new fashion ;u can change ur clothes ur cars but tatoos never, they stick to u, when u get older and mature u regret the tatoosu may not like them anymore because u get mature and ur taste changes according to the changes happening all over the world, and moreover , there is nothing better that what is natural, in my country we make tatoos but with henna, a green herb that is mixed with water and some other stuff and we make decorations like flowers on the hands ( onlyfor the girls) just on the skin not inside it and it disapears after few days because of being exposed to water.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:40 am

The most important : accept yourself such as you are.

I prefer not. I prefer the uni-color (for most of clothes that I buy).

Shokin

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Re: Have a tattoo,good or bad?

Postby ahmads » Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:22 pm

maleeka wrote:FIRST OF all, our bodies are given by god not parents because parents were created by god so everything returns back to god. Secondly, yes i AGREE with you ,tatoo remains for good, when we are teens we like to do things that are fashionable, and we don't pay attention that nothing lasts, every year we have a new fashion ;u can change ur clothes ur cars but tatoos never, they stick to u, when u get older and mature u regret the tatoosu may not like them anymore because u get mature and ur taste changes according to the changes happening all over the world, and moreover , there is nothing better that what is natural, in my country we make tatoos but with henna, a green herb that is mixed with water and some other stuff and we make decorations like flowers on the hands ( onlyfor the girls) just on the skin not inside it and it disapears after few days because of being exposed to water.

yes ,,,I agree with you ,, But frankly I don't like henna very much ,maybe I have never seen anyone beautiful of them :D

vince90
Gold Member
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:31 pm

Postby vince90 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:01 pm

Tattoos are a very old form of body art and have been practiced from a very long time in civilized human history. The history of tattoos is very ancient and seems to be of thousands of years old and even before the birth of Christ. The recorded indication of tattoos comes from the ancient Egypt where wall paintings as old as 2000 BC have been suggesting the use of tattoos in the ancient Egyptian society.

Tattoo today is more fashion than ever. More men and women having them. Personally I like some of them and I like to have one. It looks so sexy on the women. I wouldn’t mind if my wife like to have one. (in private part :lol: :lol: )

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:03 pm

vince90 wrote:in private part :lol: :lol: )

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:54 am

Shazzam wrote:
ahmads wrote:It is very ugly,,I hate it.
it maks body like pic


It can be a very dangerous practice to ahmads. If you have a tattoo done with a dirty needle you can get very sick, even die. It just isn't worth it. What happens later in life when you skin is becoming wrinkled etc, they look terrible, plus the ink usually goes black and all the colour in them fades away.

:roll:

I have a cousin who has bunch of tatoos on his body, and I must say those pictures were done beautifully even though I dislike tatoos myself. About your opinion that tatooing can be very dangerous I have to say this is not true. Tattoo artists use new needle for every clients to prevent AIDS. And when the colors get faded away, you can come back for touch-up. My cousin gets his touching up every year.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:56 am

vince90 wrote:Tattoos are a very old form of body art and have been practiced from a very long time in civilized human history. The history of tattoos is very ancient and seems to be of thousands of years old and even before the birth of Christ. The recorded indication of tattoos comes from the ancient Egypt where wall paintings as old as 2000 BC have been suggesting the use of tattoos in the ancient Egyptian society.

Tattoo today is more fashion than ever. More men and women having them. Personally I like some of them and I like to have one. It looks so sexy on the women. I wouldn’t mind if my wife like to have one. (in private part :lol: :lol: )

:lol: This is like one of my exes used to say. He said he didn't mind if I wanted to have some tattoos on my body as long as they had to be about [language has been edited for public viewing]. What a freak! :lol: :lol:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:59 pm

LennyeTran wrote:I have a cousin who has bunch of tatoos on his body, and I must say those pictures were done beautifully even though I dislike tatoos

Yes ,,It is beautiful if you are looking at DRAWING,,
I mean when I see someone have a tatoo I feel that I'm looking at a statue :lol: not Human.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:28 pm

ahmads wrote:Yes ,,It is beautiful if you are looking at DRAWING,,
I mean when I see someone have a tatoo I feel that I'm looking at a statue :lol: not Human.

Tattoos are drawings. Instead of drawing on a piece of paper people draw on their bodies. Having a tattoo doesn't make you look more or less of a human being. Not all statues have something drawn on, to be truthful with you. Tattooing is just one of many ways to express one self about the feelings and stuff. My biology teacher in high school was a hippie, I believe, hehehehhehehehe.... She had a tattoo of a dove carrying the word peace in its beak and a flower on her both hands. At first, it was quite weird to me to look at them, but when I got used to the idea it was kinda unique.

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:25 am

LennyeTran wrote:
ahmads wrote:Yes ,,It is beautiful if you are looking at DRAWING,,
I mean when I see someone have a tatoo I feel that I'm looking at a statue :lol: not Human.

Tattoos are drawings. Instead of drawing on a piece of paper people draw on their bodies. Having a tattoo doesn't make you look more or less of a human being. Not all statues have something drawn on, to be truthful with you. Tattooing is just one of many ways to express one self about the feelings and stuff. My biology teacher in high school was a hippie, I believe, hehehehhehehehe.... She had a tattoo of a dove carrying the word peace in its beak and a flower on her both hands. At first, it was quite weird to me to look at them, but when I got used to the idea it was kinda unique.

as you said >>there are many ways to express your self :idea:
Last edited by ahmads on Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:48 am

ahmads wrote: as you said >>there are many why to express your self :idea:

And I also said tattooing is one of those ways for some people.


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests