Traffic jam

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Traffic jam

Postby Arale » Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:36 am

Do you have any opinions to control traffic jam in your city? Do you think these ideas can be feasable? :roll:

1.Reduce means of transport using petrol by cutting down vehicles production.
2.Encourage public transports by reducing transport fine.
3.Promulgate one-day-walking-to-work per week in all companies.
4.Companies/schools...open at different times.
5. Vihicles can't enter the center after 6am nor leave before 6pm. (times can be different)

Have you got any other ideas?

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Re: Traffic jam

Postby ahmads » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:38 pm

Arale wrote:Do you have any opinions to control traffic jam in your city? Do you think these ideas can be feasable? :roll:

1.Reduce means of transport using petrol by cutting down vehicles production.
2.Encourage public transports by reducing transport fine.
3.Promulgate one-day-walking-to-work per week in all companies.
4.Companies/schools...open at different times.
5. Vihicles can't enter the center after 6am nor leave before 6pm. (times can be different)

Have you got any other ideas?

It is very difficult problem,,,In Amman we have extremely traffic jam,,,so ,,,every day we have a new bridge,and TUNNEL,I think it is the most feasible way

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Tue Dec 20, 2005 7:51 pm

Is it a necessity to drive so much ? let you use the train, the metro, the feet, the velo, the bus.

50 cars for 50 people ? :shock: I prefer 50 people in 1 bus !

Shokin

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:29 pm

shokin wrote:Is it a necessity to drive so much ? let you use the train, the metro, the feet, the velo, the bus.

50 cars for 50 people ? :shock: I prefer 50 people in 1 bus !

Shokin

I don't like getting on a bus ,,What can I do? :lol:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:04 am

:lol: You can ride a donkey or an antelope. :lol:

:lol: According to the time left. :lol:

Shokin

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:01 am

shokin wrote::lol: You can ride a donkey or an antelope. :lol:

:lol: According to the time left. :lol:

Shokin


hhhhhhh I hate the Donkeys,and I don't have any one,But If you have one of them I promise you thet I'll import it hhhhhhoo :lol: :lol: :lol:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:28 am

I will send you a donkey. :lol:

Shokin

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:49 pm

shokin wrote:Is it a necessity to drive so much ? let you use the train, the metro, the feet, the velo, the bus.

50 cars for 50 people ? :shock: I prefer 50 people in 1 bus !

Shokin


Certainly, it's the best :!: But how to encourage people to use public transports, that's the problem. :? You see, Ahmads doesn't like using buses and I don't think giving him a donkey is the solution.:evil: 8)

_Arale_

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:21 pm

Let us boycot pollution !

Let us use cars only when necessary.

We can go by car, on feet. We are not forced to go shopping.

Shokin

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:03 pm

Arale wrote:Certainly, it's the best :!: But how to encourage people to use public transports, that's the problem. :? You see, Ahmads doesn't like using buses and I don't think giving him a donkey is the solution.:evil: 8)
_Arale_

tell him that donkey it isn't solution ,, I won't let him give me this gift ,I won't let him face any problem with Transport. :lol:

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:09 pm

shokin wrote:Let us boycot pollution !

Let us use cars only when necessary.

We can go by car, on feet. We are not forced to go shopping.

Shokin

about pollution we can use bicycle,,it is very interesting and you will be athlete if you use it.
certainly you know about cars that use hydrogen like a power.
but What about traffic jam ?it is the question :?: :idea:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:35 pm

shokin wrote:Let us boycot pollution !

Let us use cars only when necessary.

We can go by car, on feet. We are not forced to go shopping.

Shokin

But we need to. There are million of things we need to buy for our daily lives. We ain't living in a stone age to use everything in nature. For examples, we can't make clothes by ourselves. We can't just grow things and make food out of them since we can't grow everything in our backyard.
To reduce traffic jam because of too many cars I think the city should encourage people to carpool. Those people can have free parking or several hours free parking if they carpool.

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Status: Other
Location: European Union

Postby Hardi » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:43 pm

It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.

Actually there is nothing to do, money is not for ashmed. If you have it then you must show it.. you buy some stupid ferrari or pointless H2 to belong to club of idiots. Actually real idiot car is landrover discovery(one of my relative have it) probably it's yet not enough expensive... but still only idiot want have it.

Well some estonian politicans once promised to make public transport for free when elect them. but that's not realistic.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:48 pm

Hardi wrote:It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.

True that! True that! 8)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:49 pm

LennyeTran wrote:But we need to. There are million of things we need to buy for our daily lives.


Tell me these very many things that we need.

There are many things that we can avoid, which are not necessary :

tv, video games, coca cola, hamburgers...

but the main idea is to take care about what you already have, for not having to buy new.

Shokin

ahmads
Platinum Member
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:37 pm
Location: jordan
Contact:

Postby ahmads » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:30 pm

Hardi wrote:It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.


I hate buses , because I feel that I am in (sardine can) :lol: when I ride buses

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:26 am

Hardi wrote:It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.


You're right. It feels so uncomfortable when buses are too crowded. I think the Government should invest more into public transports. Great if it's free. In my country, public transports is still a controversial problem. Buses are always crowded, and the price is not cheap. I prefer a transport system in which all people have to use public transports like buses, undergrounds, trains...and private vihicles are only used in the suburbs. :)

_Arale_

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 am

shokin wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:But we need to. There are million of things we need to buy for our daily lives.


Tell me these very many things that we need.

There are many things that we can avoid, which are not necessary :

tv, video games, coca cola, hamburgers...

but the main idea is to take care about what you already have, for not having to buy new.

Shokin

You don't go shopping for food, clothes, accessories, etc? You are exaggerating your words with shopping again. You're making it seem like it's a crime for people to do it. For the love of God.....

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:24 am

Arale wrote:You're right. It feels so uncomfortable when buses are too crowded. I think the Government should invest more into public transports. Great if it's free. In my country, public transports is still a controversial problem. Buses are always crowded, and the price is not cheap. I prefer a transport system in which all people have to use public transports like buses, undergrounds, trains...and private vihicles are only used in the suburbs. :)

_Arale_

The government only pays for the handicapped people, which they use the tax money from the people. In a way it's not free for them either. And it will never be free for anyone else.

User avatar
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
Posts: 755
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 7:05 am
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:43 am

LennyeTran wrote:The government only pays for the handicapped people, which they use the tax money from the people. In a way it's not free for them either. And it will never be free for anyone else.


They can take the tax from other fields like industry, business... to pay for public transports. Certainly, there should have a balance among all industries. Rich countries and good Governments can do this.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:43 am

Arale wrote:
They can take the tax from other fields like industry, business... to pay for public transports. Certainly, there should have a balance among all industries. Rich countries and good Governments can do this.

It's impossible. This is all I can tell you. What you said is a communist idea, and communist ideas never work.


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests