Would you like to be famous?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:28 pm

illusion wrote:I'm ashamed to admit it but I am a kind of person who likes to draw other people's attention. Not that I am a seekin-attention person but well I can't deny I like when all the eyes are fixed on me. I think I kind of got used to that at my school and I'd miss it if I nobody was looking at me....and that's why I'd love to be famous... :D

Well that's normal. If I was as pretty as you, I wouldn't mind people looking at me either :D

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:48 am

I would hate to be famous. IT must be horrible to be followed around and photographed continually, whether you are looking good/bad. I would like to know that I do well and that I was respected for it; but quietly without any fuss. :oops:

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:42 am

Imagine Lady Diana, Bush... even God would be bored that we talk about him. Many people pray to him, and he wants to have the peace, to be quiet, to sleep, maybe to die.

Shokin

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:27 pm

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:I'm ashamed to admit it but I am a kind of person who likes to draw other people's attention. Not that I am a seekin-attention person but well I can't deny I like when all the eyes are fixed on me. I think I kind of got used to that at my school and I'd miss it if I nobody was looking at me....and that's why I'd love to be famous... :D

Well that's normal. If I was as pretty as you, I wouldn't mind people looking at me either :D

oh Dixie!!!!! :) Thank you, sweetheart! I didn't actually mean I looked pretty. I just have this weird dressing style that not many people accept I mean the punky style not that I undress myself or else. But thanks anyway, you really cheered me up :) Love ya! :D

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:29 pm

shokin wrote:Imagine Lady Diana, Bush... even God would be bored that we talk about him. Many people pray to him, and he wants to have the peace, to be quiet, to sleep, maybe to die.

Shokin

hahhaa lol but God can't die actually, can He? at least not in my religion (I'm a Christian)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:00 am

God has not the luck to die, before we die.

Let him in peace ! :lol:

Shokin

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:16 pm

shokin wrote:God has not the luck to die, before we die.

Let him in peace ! :lol:

Shokin

:D :D :D :D

turkishselin

Postby turkishselin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:20 pm

I don't wanna be a famous person because in Turkey it s very difficult. if u r a famous person u haven't a private life. u can't be free so I don't wanna it

turkishselin

Postby turkishselin » Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:26 pm

hahhaa lol but God can't die actually, can He? at least not in my religion (I'm a Christian)

can I ask a question please? I m sorry I don't want to make bad things but I wanna ask this questions. why do u say He to GOD? why don't u say it instead he. do u know it's gender ? (I m a Muslim person so I wondered it don't understand me wrong please)

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:04 pm

turkishselin wrote:

can I ask a question please? I m sorry I don't want to make bad things but I wanna ask this questions. why do u say He to GOD? why don't u say it instead he. do u know it's gender ? (I m a Muslim person so I wondered it don't understand me wrong please)

it's ok. Well in my religion God is Jesus and Jesus is a man wich means he can't be a woman therefore I used He to speak about God. I know in other religion the gender isn't defined but here, where I live we all believe that God is a man...

Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Shazzam » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:48 pm

illusion wrote:
turkishselin wrote:

it's ok. Well in my religion God is Jesus and Jesus is a man wich means he can't be a woman therefore I used He to speak about God. I know in other religion the gender isn't defined but here, where I live we all believe that God is a man...

Exactly! Jesus was a man and we refer to his father (Jesus being the son of God). 8)

Dixie

Postby Dixie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:45 am

turkishselin wrote:I don't wanna be a famous person because in Turkey it s very difficult. if u r a famous person u haven't a private life. u can't be free so I don't wanna it

Now that I think of it, I don't know about any famous Turkish person :roll:

turkishselin

Postby turkishselin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 am

I m sorry I have a lot of Christian friends and they belief Jesus is GOD's son and they always don't say "he" they say "it" because they say we don't know GOD's gender so I asked this question I 'm sorry.

Now that I think of it, I don't know about any famous Turkish person

Hi! I think you must know Sertap Erener she won eurovision. and also you must know Tarkan :wink:

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:49 pm

turkishselin wrote:

I m sorry I have a lot of Christian friends and they belief Jesus is GOD's son and they always don't say "he" they say "it" because they say we don't know GOD's gender so I asked this question I 'm sorry.

Now that I think of it, I don't know about any famous Turkish person

Hi! I think you must know Sertap Erener she won eurovision. and also you must know Tarkan :wink:

oh yeah I remember her. She was awesome...and Tarkan's music sounded nice too.

turkishselin

Postby turkishselin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:01 pm

I know only two lodz singer

Edyta Gorniak and Kayah :wink:

illusion
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:19 pm

turkishselin wrote:I know only two lodz singer

Edyta Gorniak and Kayah :wink:

oh yeah they're polish but to be honest I like none of them. I think Edyta has an amazing voice but her songs aren't that good and Kayah should retire...she's not the kind of musician I like...

moneymind

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby moneymind » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:46 pm

flowerece wrote:Would you like to be famous? What are the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Woh! It is hard to answer simply yes or no. There is reality that people who say no doing everything daily to get richer & more famous. Basically all people want to be recognized. They want to be famous. BUT it is also depend on what situation of the people. The starve in Africa do not want to be famous. What they need are food & essential thing for their life. But you may want that. If you have ever heard about Maslow Pyramid, then you can understand well why people want to be famous? and you may find the answer yourself.

http://www.giftcertificatecenter.com/eN ... yramid.jpg

Romantic
Gold Member

Postby Romantic » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:57 pm

Famous is all about money, but can i find what i'm looking for... 8)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm

From the moment that you are looking for money, money has caught you. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin

moneymind

Postby moneymind » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:29 am

Romantic wrote:Famous is all about money, but can i find what i'm looking for... 8)

It is true BUT not absolutely. It does not mean the richer is the more famous.

shokin
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:57 am

Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

You put this person a big pression.

If this person become a "model" or a "cliché", there is the threaten of the sterotyp (and/or prejudice).

Shokin

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”