Would you like to be famous?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:57 am

Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

You put this person a big pression.

If this person become a "model" or a "cliché", there is the threaten of the sterotyp (and/or prejudice).

Shokin

User avatar
moneymind
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:02 am
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Postby moneymind » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:47 pm

shokin wrote:Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

You put this person a big pression.

If this person become a "model" or a "cliché", there is the threaten of the sterotyp (and/or prejudice).

Shokin


Sorry! But I do not catch you

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:32 pm

I think I wouldn't mind the pressure at all. Being a role model can be a lot of fun and even if the press and the media would bug me I wouldn't just give a damn about it. lol :P

tikay
Gold Member
Posts: 450
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:33 pm
Location: Lancaster, CA. U.S.
Contact:

fame

Postby tikay » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:53 am

To be famous would not be so bad if it were for a good reason, I would love to be well known in some country and not in others, that would mean privacy in some places right?

I would not mind winning the Nobel Prize for Peace for instance but ...only if I deserved it completely!
I know famous people and some are not at all bothered by it and use it to their, or others, benefit.
I think I would enjoy it to be famous...I do not fear it...that is for sure. If one was raised with goals that include fame is that so wrong?
I wanted to play drums...then to sing in a band...then I wanted fame as an artist, and now for literature possibly, a great writer in time or for humanitarian acts...so

I think my goals always included some fame and recognition.
It comes with power, which I like more than money. I should like to say where to put the solar panels, the wind turbines and the wells, that I have purchased with much of my dough...for people who need them.

Fame is power and recognition for not being mundane. I am tired of having no power to change things. Intellect allows for fame... and just look at what the famous do for our planet!
The Bonos and Angelina Jolies...they really rock! (the boat) :D

8) :twisted: :) :P :? :lol: :o :shock: :D :oops: :cry: :roll: :wink: :oops: :? :shock: :) :lol: 8)

shokin
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1338
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Switzerland

Postby shokin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:06 pm

moneymind wrote:
shokin wrote:Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

You put this person a big pression.

If this person become a "model" or a "cliché", there is the threaten of the sterotyp (and/or prejudice).

Shokin


Sorry! But I do not catch you


When you make someone famous, you make people expecting more from this person. Then, this person risks to be idealized. Many people discuss more of this person and forget to talk about themselves. Moreover you give this person a big pression. If she act badly, "shame on her". Especially with desinforming media !

The danger of stereotyps are :

- excessive generalization
- taking for a model someone who is not
- this model give you a "social pression" : if I am not so, I get excluded (false but frequent reasoning)
- stigmatizing people having the same attributs as those of the person that you consider as a model (or a contra-model)
- having a false vision / paradigms of the reality

I don't know well the subject in english (speak french) ut I just now found this link.

Shokin

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:07 pm

being an 'ordinary' person it would be a nice change to see what lifes of the famous are like :)

User avatar
Ika
Silver Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:07 pm
Location: Latvia
Contact:

Postby Ika » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:17 pm

I don't want to be famous. I want to be needed.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."

fahrenheit
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:30 pm
Location: lithuania

Postby fahrenheit » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 pm

Well i think being a star has positive and negative aspects. I would like to be needed it gives me a pleasure of my poor life. It is very fun to be famous and if you famous you are needed. You are needed for million reasons, but the most imprtant of which is money. If you have sufficiently money, you needed to many people
becouse of your money. I want to be rich very rich, the rischest man even could ever existed in the planet and powerful. Ohh I love it......

User avatar
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Annaa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 am

Hmmmm maybe sometimes I`d like.
It`s nice when people like you,give you flowers,say good words 4u.But it`s bad to be followed always,to be in the centre of attention and everyone to know about your personal life.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:07 pm

I dont want to be famous...it's mean that I'm the centre of looking.....I want to be a normal part...but another parts cant do something without me......That's all...............
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Krisi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 am

denvinbo wrote:I dont want to be famous...it's mean that I'm the centre of looking.....I want to be a normal part...but another parts cant do something without me......That's all...............


I agree with you, Denvinbo... and the last part of what you said is really heartbreaking. :-(
Owl City - Fireflies


esl member since 2007

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:34 am

Krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:I dont want to be famous...it's mean that I'm the centre of looking.....I want to be a normal part...but another parts cant do something without me......That's all...............


I agree with you, Denvinbo... and the last part of what you said is really heartbreaking. :-(


Really? :shock:
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Krisi » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:40 pm

denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:I dont want to be famous...it's mean that I'm the centre of looking.....I want to be a normal part...but another parts cant do something without me......That's all...............


I agree with you, Denvinbo... and the last part of what you said is really heartbreaking. :-(


Really? :shock:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why, what do mean about the last part of what you said? You looked naughty again. :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe you have a different meaning, huh?.......... :-P
Owl City - Fireflies


esl member since 2007

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:42 am

Krisi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why, what do mean about the last part of what you said? You looked naughty again. :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe you have a different meaning, huh?.......... :-P


What do u mean by that? :shock:
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Krisi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:47 am

denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why, what do mean about the last part of what you said? You looked naughty again. :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe you have a different meaning, huh?.......... :-P


What do u mean by that? :shock:


You know you are funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: even the smiley you chose makes me laugh sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant if circumstances forced you to be in a particular situation even if you don't want it, it's just heartbreaking sometimes... :-)

Is it clear now? :-)
Owl City - Fireflies


esl member since 2007

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:58 am

Krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why, what do mean about the last part of what you said? You looked naughty again. :lol: :lol: :lol: maybe you have a different meaning, huh?.......... :-P


What do u mean by that? :shock:


You know you are funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: even the smiley you chose makes me laugh sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant if circumstances forced you to be in a particular situation even if you don't want it, it's just heartbreaking sometimes... :-)

Is it clear now? :-)


Yeah! And now I think that u had a piece of my heart, Krisi............ :-D
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Krisi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:32 am

denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:What do u mean by that? :shock:


You know you are funny... :lol: :lol: :lol: even the smiley you chose makes me laugh sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I meant if circumstances forced you to be in a particular situation even if you don't want it, it's just heartbreaking sometimes... :-)

Is it clear now? :-)


Yeah! And now I think that u had a piece of my heart, Krisi............ :-D


:lol: :lol: :lol: What are you talking about? You're poetic now! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Owl City - Fireflies


esl member since 2007

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:26 am

Krisi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: What are you talking about? You're poetic now! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Thanks........ :lol: :lol:
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Status: English Learner
Location: house

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Krisi » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:21 am

denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: What are you talking about? You're poetic now! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Thanks........ :lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Owl City - Fireflies


esl member since 2007

User avatar
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1843
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:46 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Vietnam
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:01 am

Krisi wrote:
denvinbo wrote:
Krisi wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: What are you talking about? You're poetic now! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Thanks........ :lol: :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


We're laughing together............. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

User avatar
AzizA
Member
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:42 pm
Status: English Learner
Contact:

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby AzizA » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:45 pm

flowerece wrote:Would you like to be famous? What are the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

We all pray for that,why not lol
2 years later, I'll became a teacher of English;I'll get quite joy whenever I'll use my English^^


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Krisi and 5 guests