Twins- a combination of good and evil

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Twins- a combination of good and evil

Postby MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:45 pm

I was talking to my coworkers during our lunch break, and one of them asked me how many kids I wanted to have. I told her 4: two of my own and two I'll adopt. Either giving birth or adopting I still want some twins. She asked me if I knew twins is a combination of good and evil. I asked her what she meant by that. She replied it was because there are always two sides of everything, a good and a bad side. Even within ourselves we have two personalities, a good and a bad one. Thus, she believes twins represent the two sides of things in life. What do you think? Do you agree?

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:30 am

That's interesting! It reminded me of my twin neighbors. When we were small, in front of my summer place lived two girl twins with whom we used to play all day long. I remember one of them was very, very mischievious, while the other one was quieter. I always said that one of them was the good one, and the other was the bad one.

zuhalunus
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:37 pm
Location: TURKEY
Contact:

Postby zuhalunus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:24 pm

I don't agree with you. :?

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:43 pm

zuhalunus wrote:I don't agree with you. :?


:lol: That's great, but you should say why :D

leen@rasel
Silver Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby leen@rasel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:57 pm

well she said evry person has two personalities good and evil so each one of the twins must have two personalities since they are two different people ..... so i disagree, it seems unlogical to me... :wink:..they might have different characters but we can't say that one represent evil and the other good... :roll:

User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Posts: 6336
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Status: English Teacher
Location: Catalunya
Contact:

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:04 pm

leen@rasel wrote:well she said evry person has two personalities good and evil so each one of the twins must have two personalities since they are two different people ..... so i disagree, it seems unlogical to me... :wink:..they might have different characters but we can't say that one represent evil and the other good... :roll:


I agree, I just told that as an anecdote, of course every person has a distinctive personality :D

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:51 am

Dixie wrote:That's interesting! It reminded me of my twin neighbors. When we were small, in front of my summer place lived two girl twins with whom we used to play all day long. I remember one of them was very, very mischievious, while the other one was quieter. I always said that one of them was the good one, and the other was the bad one.


Last week I saw two twin Chinese girls with their mother at a restaurant. The girls were sooooooo cute, so I came to their table to make a light conversation, and then I went back to my table. However, I was still watching the girls because they were extremely cute that I couldn't take my eyes off them. You guys know how I love twins, right? :wink: Anyway, I saw one sister was stumping her foot on the other sister's hand. They were sitting across from each other, and one of them just raised her foot and placed it on her sister's hand. The sister said, "let go!" The other sister didn't move. The sister screamed again, "let go!" And nothing happened. She then tried to move her hand herself. The more she was trying, the harder the other sister was pressing her foot on her hand. I think she was in pain because she was crying out loud while trying to move her hand away from the other sister's foot.

Just when I was about to think what kinda mother that woman was that letting her kids treating each other like that, she yelled at one of the twins to let go of her sister's hand. She looked at her mother and stumped her foot really hard on her sister's hand. Then she let go of it. I was shocked. And I think her mother was also shocked since she got a heck of a beating after that.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:57 am

leen@rasel wrote:well she said evry person has two personalities good and evil so each one of the twins must have two personalities since they are two different people ..... so i disagree, it seems unlogical to me... :wink:..they might have different characters but we can't say that one represent evil and the other good... :roll:

Uh huh, but if you think about identical twins. They are from one egg that divided into two; therefore, we could, I think technically, say they are one person with two personalities, right? :?

leen@rasel
Silver Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby leen@rasel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:07 pm

but don't you tink that even if they were identical there are some differences in there personalities.....and even if they have the same character .. i think that they will share good and evil

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:03 am

leen@rasel wrote:but don't you tink that even if they were identical there are some differences in there personalities.....and even if they have the same character .. i think that they will share good and evil

Equally?

leen@rasel
Silver Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Wed May 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Postby leen@rasel » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:43 pm

perhaps not equally but at least one of them has good side...

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:59 pm

I've always wanted to have a twin sister because I thought it would be so cool to have a sister looking just like me but now I think I wouldn't want anyone to look the way I am. I mean I know that my twin sister would be the good one :twisted: and she'd wear 'normal' clothes and act very politely and so on and I think I wouldn't stand looking at that and people would call me 'scum' because of my 'perfect' sister LoL I guess I love being the only child too much... :wink:

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:00 pm

leen@rasel wrote:perhaps not equally but at least one of them has good side...

Yeah, and perhaps one's good side would be more dominant than the other's, right? In other words, that twin stands out as a less mischievous kid.

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:08 pm

illusion wrote:I've always wanted to have a twin sister because I thought it would be so cool to have a sister looking just like me but now I think I wouldn't want anyone to look the way I am. I mean I know that my twin sister would be the good one :twisted: and she'd wear 'normal' clothes and act very politely and so on and I think I wouldn't stand looking at that and people would call me 'scum' because of my 'perfect' sister LoL I guess I love being the only child too much... :wink:

Yeah, I wouldn't wish to have a twin sister/brother, I think. My friend has a twin brother, and that twin is a bad one. However, people love, hate and remember him at the same time, for he looks more attractive than my friend. And his smile.... Man, it'd melt any girl's heart. It was the prettiest smile that I've ever seen in my life. He should have gone for toothbrush commercials instead of drugs. Bad choice!

Anyway, since my friend looks like his twin when they're not smiling, people often mistake him to the other one; they send him mixed signals. He hates that. He said he couldn't be himself or have his own identity. He does a lot of opposite things than his twin brother to be in distinguish. It was indeed his goal of the year in the yearbook.

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Postby Lalee » Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:47 pm

I have a twin brother.
My mom says that when we were little I used to hit him. I either pulled his hair out or slapped him or something like that. And that he would never do anything to me or fight back. He just ended up crying. :twisted:

So I kind of agree with your friend, Lennye.

I think I’m the evil one and my brother is the good one. Although now we’re grown ups, I still boss him and it’s funny that he keeps listening to me and does what I tell him to do.
I call him names and he just smiles but if he called me something..He knows that I’d rip his head off right away!

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:18 pm

oi and what do you think about the most famous twins in the world? The Olsen twins :P do you like them or not?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:07 am

Lalee wrote:I have a twin brother.
My mom says that when we were little I used to hit him. I either pulled his hair out or slapped him or something like that. And that he would never do anything to me or fight back. He just ended up crying. :twisted:

So I kind of agree with your friend, Lennye.

I think I’m the evil one and my brother is the good one. Although now we’re grown ups, I still boss him and it’s funny that he keeps listening to me and does what I tell him to do.
I call him names and he just smiles but if he called me something..He knows that I’d rip his head off right away!

:shock: I never knew you had a twin brother. When you said twin brother, I thought you said twin brotherS. So, you and him are fratenal twins, right? :?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:14 am

illusion wrote:oi and what do you think about the most famous twins in the world? The Olsen twins :P do you like them or not?

Nope, I do not like them. However, if you think about it, it's kinda weird that one twin, Ashley Olsen, seems to be happier than Mary-Kate because Paris didn't her boyfriends or she had bulimia like her twin sister.

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Postby Lalee » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:00 am

LennyeTran wrote: :shock: I never knew you had a twin brother. When you said twin brother, I thought you said twin brotherS. So, you and him are fratenal twins, right? :?

Fratenal? Typo? :?

User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
Posts: 3939
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:25 am

Lalee wrote:Fratenal? Typo? :?

Yes it is a typo. FrateRnal twins. You and your brother, who is older?

User avatar
Lalee
Platinum Member
Posts: 708
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Postby Lalee » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:17 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Yes it is a typo. FrateRnal twins. You and your brother, who is older?

I'm older. I came out of my mother's womb like 10 seconds before my brother.
Once I heard that it was the opposite. The one who comes out first is the younger and the one who comes out next is the older. :?


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests