Is Love Really Blind?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Mey
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:03 pm
Location: Philippines

Is Love Really Blind?

Postby Mey » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:09 pm

Many of my friends keep on telling me that love is blind; they say that when you are in love you don't see the negative and weaknesses of your loved ones:you don't see his bad attitudes.
But i think differently..I think that love is not blind after all; rather, love can see very clearly all the beatiful and positive things about someone you REALLY love. These good things about your boyfriend, for example, are not visible to other people. When you are genuinely in love with someone, you can see all the beatiful and positive things about him because of the clear vision of LOVE..I hope I have made a good point here...how about you, what do you think?

User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1160
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Status: Other
Location: Moscow

Re: Is Love Really Blind?

Postby Tora » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:27 pm

Mey wrote:Many of my friends keep on telling me that love is blind; they say that when you are in love you don't see the negative and weaknesses of your loved ones:you don't see his bad attitudes.
But i think differently..I think that love is not blind after all; rather, love can see very clearly all the beatiful and positive things about someone you REALLY love. These good things about your boyfriend, for example, are not visible to other people. When you are genuinely in love with someone, you can see all the beatiful and positive things about him because of the clear vision of LOVE..I hope I have made a good point here...how about you, what do you think?


I share your opinion! Anyhow love at first sight is something more likely to be a good movie scenario... And by all means a person fell in love with another after he got to know he/she, obvoiusly taking into consideration his weak and strong points, if you may see his/her negative qualities it means love is one who can see! :wink: Also people - happy owners of common sense - can't refuse their lovers' backgorund and pecularities and trates... There are things that i can't stand even in someone who seems to be 100% my style!
I distinguish true love and just feeling that you like some one (very close to passion) I may agree that the second happen to be blind, but true love is something higher than passion... higher then... just writing list of good/bad qualities, it's wise and not blind after all! :!:
Well done, Mey! :wink:

User avatar
Cucumber
Silver Member
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:14 pm
Location: Grantham, Lincolnshere, UK

Postby Cucumber » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:46 pm

Love is realy blind. But she has got a hearing. The hearing allows her to hear noiseless sounds which is missunderstanding for one's people but it is as a loud march for loving couple. Unfortunatelly, this march becames to sing quetly in some time.

User avatar
FIVER
Gold Member
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:45 am
Location: WA, USA

Postby FIVER » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:26 pm

I also agree that love is not blind. I think love makes you see more clearly the positives and the negatives within a person. I've been there and even though I was in love with him, I didn't care that he had annoying and negative traits. Perhaps I was able to accept them because of love. :)

User avatar
ginny
Gold Member
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:00 am

Postby ginny » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:45 pm

I don't know because I haven't fallen in love but love I've witnessed from adults is really blind. If you have to live with a person who never listens to you though you're right because he loves his darling more than you, you will see how blind love is.

meylenlau
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:22 am
Location: MALAYSIA
Contact:

The power of love is great!

Postby meylenlau » Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:47 am

In my opinion, actually love is not blind , one can see clearly the negative side of someone whom he/she loves .But then the force of love is so much powerful that one could just condone,accept and forgive the existence of the imperfection of his/her love one.

User avatar
Rui
Gold Member
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:41 am
Location: World, Portugal, Porto, Maia
Contact:

Re: Is Love Really Blind?

Postby Rui » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:16 pm

Mey wrote:Many of my friends keep on telling me that love is blind


believe me, they are absolutely right, love is blind and can make you do stupid things, and its precisely because of love that you can see all the good things about the person you love, you are blind so you can just see the good things in a very large scale :lol: im laughing but this is serious :wink:

User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
Contact:

Postby phucauto3 » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:29 pm

love is really blind :?

User avatar
tangsen
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:54 am
Location: China
Contact:

Postby tangsen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:24 pm

love on the one hand, make you do some stupid things, but on the other hand, make you more mature

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Postby quicksilver » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:22 am

phucauto3 wrote:love is really blind :?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
who told you that?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey , you guys , don't believe him, he has never been in love :twisted: Free-hearted :roll:

User avatar
illusion
Platinum Member
Posts: 832
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:59 pm
Status: English Learner
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby illusion » Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:51 am

I think love has two faces: one is the pure and wonderful one which gives you the wings and the power to overcome everything and the other one is this really bitter and painful affection which makes you go under...

User avatar
phucauto3
Gold Member
Posts: 128
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:54 am
Location: Ha Noi/VietNam
Contact:

Postby phucauto3 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:05 pm

quicksilver wrote:
phucauto3 wrote:love is really blind :?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
who told you that?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey , you guys , don't believe him, he has never been in love :twisted: Free-hearted :roll:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: he was kidding
why do you think so? why do you think that he never love :( he was nuts, he lost the trust in love, he feard the girl in his dream wouldn't like him any more :(

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Postby quicksilver » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:15 am

illusion wrote:I think love has two faces: one is the pure and wonderful one which gives you the wings and the power to overcome everything and the other one is this really bitter and painful affection which makes you go under...

So true , Illusion :D But i don't know much about it :oops:

User avatar
quicksilver
Gold Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am
Location: Vietnam

Postby quicksilver » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:24 am

phucauto3 wrote:
quicksilver wrote:
phucauto3 wrote:love is really blind :?

:shock: :shock: :shock:
who told you that?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey , you guys , don't believe him, he has never been in love :twisted: Free-hearted :roll:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: he was kidding
why do you think so? why do you think that he never love :( he was nuts, he lost the trust in love, he feard the girl in his dream wouldn't like him any more :(

"feard"? I dont get !
"Kid"? What did he mean to kid ?
I'm wrong , he ever loved( my memory is so bad :oops: )
But he didn't dare although i encouraged him :? :lol: :twisted:

User avatar
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue May 10, 2011 7:18 am
Status: Other
Contact:

Re: Is Love Really Blind?

Postby sweethuman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:54 am

Offcourse love is not only blind, but deaf and dumb as well :lol: :lol:


Return to “Ideas and Opinions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests