About Bible

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Post by MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:46 am

How have you been, by the way? Still the States? :wink:

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Post by Danyet » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:54 am

Still here for the time being!

Anyway I couldn't help it! That Brian guy makes no sense at all. Why does he even still go to mass? He has no business making comments on Lalee's posts like that.
Hey Brian....go bake a cake or something. :)

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Post by MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:59 am

danyet wrote:Still here for the time being!

Anyway I couldn't help it! That Brian guy makes no sense at all. Why does he even still go to mass? He has no business making comments on Lalee's posts like that.
Hey Brian....go bake a cake or something. :)
Ahem ahem ahem, Lalee's posts only? You're telling me you don't read mine?!??!?!?! Don't make me scratch your eyes out. :twisted:

Lalee
Platinum Member

Post by Lalee » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:00 am

danyet wrote: Hey Brian....go bake a cake or something. :)
:lol: :lol:

Admiral

Post by Admiral » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:30 am

Brian is not the real idiot here.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Post by MissLT » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:26 pm

Admiral wrote:Brian is not the real idiot here.
If you have nothing to talk about the Bible, I suggest you to go elsewhere or PM Danyet for your personal vendetta. I don't have much time to go further on with this nonsense attack. You've having this little message as a warning.

Do not ruin the thread and make it locked with your selfish little thought, okay. Thank you so much.

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Post by Danyet » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:22 am

The thing that makes the Bible so unique is its historical value. So far the Bible has given many details of ancient life and customs.
Even things written about in the Bible that seemed to be improbable to modern science and historians has eventually been proven to be correct.

One example is the Biblical story of a particular battle between Israelites and Assyrians. The Assyrians had amassed a great army that vastly outnumbered the Israelites. The Israelites feared for their own destruction. However, the Bible states that "the angel of Yahwey went out and in one night slew 85,000 Assyrian soldiers" thereby saving Israel. (I am not sure of the exact number but it was unbelievably large.)

Modern day historians did not believe this story until recently when archeologists found a stone tablet with the legal and royal writings from the king of Assyria on it.
This stone tablet told the same story that the Bible told, except that it was from the Assyrians point of view. It stated that the Assyrian king had the Israelites out numbered but decided to withdraw from the battle with the Israelite because 85,000 of his soldiers died from a plauge in one night.

There are many such stories as this in the Bible. Little slices of ancient life. And predictions that have apparently come true. I find them quite fascinating.

There! Are you happy Lennye? The thread is back on track now.

MissLT
Ethereal Member

Post by MissLT » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:25 am

Muaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Of course, I am! :wink:

jeffcox
Gold Member

Post by jeffcox » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:37 am

danyet, your last post shows how normal, scientific events were explained and understood as mystical and miraculous workings of God.

It may also explain how Jesus was seen as some gift from God, but may simply have been a Mother Teresa, a person who dedicated his life to helping others.

If we consider that many stories in the bible are considered parables, and many are later explained as natural occurance instead of a miracle or mystical event, then what exactly is left to believe in?

How much of what is left proves that Jesus, or God, is anything more than superstition and over-imagination?

Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Post by Danyet » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:17 am

jeffcox wrote:danyet, your last post shows how normal, scientific events were explained and understood as mystical and miraculous workings of God.
My post explained nothing of the sort. I did not attempt to explain how 85,000 men died of a mysterious disease that killed them all in one night. I seriously doubt that science has a proper explanation either!

You can all draw your own conclusions how to explain these occurrences.