Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

Najlooolah

Re: Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?

Post by Najlooolah »

SuMoNe wrote:well to me i find it possible to have this kind of friendship coz i already have, but i guess in my own country it's hard for some ppl to believe in that or at least keep it for along time, that's y the relationship usually shifts to deal with other issues such as love, sex..etc ending to the break up in some cases.

yeah true ,

when friendship takes another way " love , sex etc '

we can't say it's pure ,aren't we ?
SuMoNe

Post by SuMoNe »

Najlooolah wrote:
SuMoNe wrote:well to me i find it possible to have this kind of friendship coz i already have, but i guess in my own country it's hard for some ppl to believe in that or at least keep it for along time, that's y the relationship usually shifts to deal with other issues such as love, sex..etc ending to the break up in some cases.

yeah true ,

when friendship takes another way " love , sex etc '

we can't say it's pure ,aren't we ?
Nope, not anymore :-( ..& it's gonna b hard 2 fix it up
lyphan

Post by lyphan »

I'm a woman. Most of my close friends are men. And I really find no difficulty to get on well with them.
A pure friendship between a man and a woman is quite common, i think there are no problem if we identify and do our best to maintain it.
olgav

Post by olgav »

yes, I truly think that a real friendship might exist between a man and a woman. Why not?
sometimes it's easier to trust a person of the opposite sex and you can find a different approach to deal with subjects.
In my opinion true friendship doesn't distinguish sexes but feelings.
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Do you think there is pure friendship between men and wo

Post by sweethuman »

I dont think so if there can be good friendship between a man and a woman. As if you leave them alone in a room the only point you will be attracted to is that (...). So that friendship doesnt mean alot, if it is only for a purpose.
Elisa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elisa »

Yes, I think it can exist and when it happens is better than between people of the same sex.
adle

Post by adle »

that's a hard one, i have really good male friends that i must admit i considered dating more than once. when you find someone who clicks with you so well to be a close friend of the opposite sex its hard not to be attracted. i guess it all depends on how far one will take the attraction and weigh what is more important.

maybe such a platonic relationship does exist but just based on my own experience, its a feat.
allison

Post by allison »

Xavia wrote:Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?
Tell us your opinion. Thanks.
I wish I am a man then I could answer this, but I can share my opinion.

Nothing is impossible in this world. I guess the conflict between men and women started from the old teachings of our forefathers. The battle between a man and a woman is very obvious even at present... other people forgot to consider that people who belong to the same gender has it's own battle too and possibly be using the opposite sex as a front to win their own fight. If this is not corrected I guess pure friendship is impossible... but time is changing men and women alike is becoming more literate now. They are learning how to judge by their own and freeing themselves from the cell of the old tips or counsel... I guess, it's not impossible... there are lucky ones whom I believe found themselves in this kind of friendship.
Good luck!
Lucia

Post by Lucia »

I think it is a feat to have a friendship with a person of the opposite sex. I haven't experienced it...it is too hard. A friend is not a colleage that's why this is a short way to love.
Tofayelbd

Post by Tofayelbd »

Naturally men and woman feel attraction each other, but pure friendship are rare. Mostly we are attract each other for our physical requirement.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

maybe. Honestly speaking, even if my friend is a female I cannot understand why for some reasons they believe on what they hear and follow their wrong feelings so I guess friendship with the opposite sex is just the same.
Noora

Re:

Post by Noora »

illusion wrote:I think there really might be if one of them is not straight...
exactly :lol: !!!
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Oh, yes! Why not? I do believe in a friendship between a man and a woman, but if they get to close and like each other, there will be something else ( that's normal and human). But honestly, there is friendship between them.
aurorajan

Post by aurorajan »

Yes, it's possible. :lol: :lol: :lol: {-: {-: {-: :-o :-o: :prof: :prof:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:maybe. Honestly speaking, even if my friend is a female I cannot understand why for some reasons they believe on what they hear and follow their wrong feelings so I guess friendship with the opposite sex is just the same.
I think,
reindeer
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by reindeer »

Isn't it possible to pure friendship get along with pure love? Imagine the dialogue between two kids: "You're cute! If I were big I would marry you. What is your name? May I play in your sandbox?" - "Thank you. If I were big I'd say that I need to think about it. Elisabeth. It's not my sandbox, it's for everybody, but I don't mind you to play here too!"
LizzieAusten

Post by LizzieAusten »

I think you can have pure friendship towards another sex. It's great because you can talk to him/her about anything and get advice from another gender's point of view. It would be hard not to fall for the other though, as in most cases of boy and girl as best friends, one is almost always bound to fall for the other. But if it's just pure friendship, I think it's possible. It would be hard but not impossible.
cbarrazan

Post by cbarrazan »

my point of view if , because I have a best friend and so far so good
alicpryl

Post by alicpryl »

It is very hard question but I think yes. There is pure friendship between men and women.
In most cases it is very hard to do because one of them usually fall in love. Close contact between men and women often ends with some kinds of love. But I know that is possible to have very good friend as a men or women and it is only friendship.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

:roll: not sure!
Penelope

Post by Penelope »

I have recently changed my mind about this topic. I used to believe in the friendship between men and women, but everytime I had a new friend, our relationship failed because one of us had fallen in love with the other one. On the other hand, I know many people who have a beautiful relationship although they are man and woman. And so, I think it's hard thing but possible.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

it depends on the effort.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

allison wrote:
Xavia wrote:Do you think there is pure friendship between men and women?
Tell us your opinion. Thanks.
I wish I am a man then I could answer this, but I can share my opinion.

Nothing is impossible in this world. I guess the conflict between men and women started from the old teachings of our forefathers. The battle between a man and a woman is very obvious even at present... other people forgot to consider that people who belong to the same gender has it's own battle too and possibly be using the opposite sex as a front to win their own fight. If this is not corrected I guess pure friendship is impossible... but time is changing men and women alike is becoming more literate now. They are learning how to judge by their own and freeing themselves from the cell of the old tips or counsel... I guess, it's not impossible... there are lucky ones whom I believe found themselves in this kind of friendship.
Good luck!
:-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

it depends. I am not sure, maybe halfway.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

There is a possiblity

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:it depends. I am not sure, maybe halfway.
I think, if both are strong to hold the friendship (it cannot be one person only), it's not impossible to overpower all the test of life... passing those test will prove how pure you are to each other.
I also think this is not only for friendship even in family relations it's the same.
shakespear
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shakespear »

I think it depends on our cultures, religions, and as you said teaching of our fathers and this point is part of culture as i think.
you wished to be a man to know his point of view towards women.
but i wish to be a woman to know her point of view towards men.
you show us a good topic allison
GOOD LUCK
our life is like a night mare
marthasimons

Post by marthasimons »

I believe that friendship between men and women exists even though there are a lot of people who don't. One of my good friends is a boy and we've known each other since early childhood. We've never been in a romantic relationship with each other but have a lot of topics for discussion. We never get bored with each other and I value this relationship very much.
Don't worry be Happy :prof: :prof:
justoneplay

Post by justoneplay »

Nope..men and women cannot be friends....Dr. Freud said that many years ago....
"Education is not the learning of facts,but the training of the mind to think."
Albert Einstein
viettranquoc

Post by viettranquoc »

I think it's true when you don't need to have a date relationship but want to know the knowledge and experience about mind, thoughts, love and emotions of your different gender people. So we can have the opposite-sex friends with a pure relationship to talk and share about myself each other. {-:
MinnieMouse

Post by MinnieMouse »

Form my experience, absolutely no. There is a day when one of the people fall in love and boom!

Friendship can turn into love but it is very rare. Most times somebody is sad 😞
LearningToLearn

Post by LearningToLearn »

Definitely, I believe that pure friendship between men and women exists. Friendship is a simple and pure thought that is independent of gender. Personally, I have experienced such a relationship. From my personal experience, it is nothing but deep genuine care about the other person that makes up a pure friendship and it has nothing do to with the gender of the persons involved.
Jaekyoung

Post by Jaekyoung »

I think it can be or not. When I was younger, I only thought there is pure friendship between men and women. Because I hung out with men, we were just friends with friendship not love. But I realized that between men and women the pure friendship can be to love. While spending time together much or sharing experience, another emotion can happen.
HammondBears

Post by HammondBears »

I think the possibility is there but it is not usually achieved. The key is honesty. Not honesty about regular things like, "How do you like my hair?" but deep honesty like how you are feeling and if your emotions change. This is hard to do for most people and that is why pure friendship between men and women can happen but usually doesn't.
LearningToLearn

Post by LearningToLearn »

alicpryl wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:32 pm It is very hard question but I think yes. There is pure friendship between men and women.
In most cases it is very hard to do because one of them usually fall in love. Close contact between men and women often ends with some kinds of love. But I know that is possible to have very good friend as a men or women and it is only friendship.
Why do you think that a man and a woman falling in love is not a pure friendship? Lovers can be good friends too, right?
Jaekyoung

Post by Jaekyoung »

Krisi wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:56 pm it depends. I am not sure, maybe halfway.
I also think it depends. If they know each other well, they may fall in love before they are realized. In my experience, I usually hang out with men as friends. But the relationship might be changed. It’s quite hard to say pure friendship exists with 100%.
shlomit

Post by shlomit »

I think there is such a thing pure friendship between men and women. further more I think it's important to have friends from the other gender. In my opinion it's makes you grow and learn things as a person. I specifically have a few men pure friends and glad for that.
BrianStapleton

Post by BrianStapleton »

I had a female Canadian friend who lived in the apartment below mine and worked in the same English academy as I did for almost a year. We went out a lot and anybody who saw us might've assumed we were dating, and though we were both straight nothing romantic or sexual ever happened nor was there ever any hint that either of us were expecting that. We had great times just talking, laughing, and wandering around the city.
So I know it is possible to have a friendship between a man and a woman, I'm glad that I've had at least one.
I teach 1-hour English classes online and correct essays with comments. Classes are ongoing, weekly, and flexible.
Contact me via private message to schedule a class.

https://youtube.com/@brianstapleton5148?feature=shared