Feng Shui

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

Gabygaby

Feng Shui

Post by Gabygaby »

Do you hear about Feng Shui? :) Do you Know the meaning of Feng Shui? Feng shui is the sistem of arranging things around you to create harmony and balance and to make you feel better. Would you be interested in applying Feng Shui principales to make changes in your life? If so, What changes would you like to make? If not, Why are you skeptical? :shock:
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Does Feng Shui really work??
Gabygaby

Post by Gabygaby »

Oriani wrote:Does Feng Shui really work??
Yes it does! The idea of a good feng shui may bring different images to different people, but they will all have one thing in common feeling fine
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Feng Shui

Post by Krisi »

Gabygaby wrote:Do you Know the meaning of Feng Shui?
Feng means wind
Shui means water

If I'm not mistaken, the stability of wind and water.
yinzhang
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by yinzhang »

We Chinese attach much importance to Feng Shui(literally wind water) which is part of an ancient Chinese philosophy of nature.
I believe it!!
imad
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by imad »

I've not heared of Feng Shui before, but by its defintion that Gabygaby gave, I think that I need Feng Shui :lol: :wink:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

imad wrote:I've not heared of Feng Shui before, but by its defintion that Gabygaby gave, I think that I need Feng Shui :lol: :wink:
Imad, there are a lot of books about Feng Shui...I find it interesting really...you'll learn how to match the colours here to give harmonious and auspicious effect in your life...Good luck to you!
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

I don't think so. To uncle Bambang, it's just another superstition.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

For me the foundation of Feng Shui is purely logical thinking and has transformed into a new concept as the time goes by...
Gargholier

Post by Gargholier »

What a nice topic. I was just recently having this topic for my English classes about two weeks ago.
I was corrected a couple times about the way to pronounce “Feng Shui”, since I always came up with the Spanish pronunciation.
Back to the original subject, I think this is a great art, and it should be consider more seriously by the interior designers. Most of their thoughts make so much sense. And there are also so simple… ridicule cleaver.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re:

Post by Krisi »

Works well with me! :wink:
esl member since 2007
LegodeFein

Post by LegodeFein »

I think it works if you believe in it...
And the life will not be so boring.Each person should play some games.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re:

Post by MissLT »

Bambang wrote:
It seems like you should spend some time to learn what Feng Shui really is about, then. Feng Shui is not always about facing your house this way, the window that way, or combining rocks and trees, etc. and you'll get luck or whatsoever. Feng Shui, in depth, is the balance if Yin and Yang. Or in other words, does the physical harms cause the emotional imbalance or does emotional harms cause physical imbalance?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re:

Post by MissLT »

Krisi wrote:For me the foundation of Feng Shui is purely logical thinking and has transformed into a new concept as the time goes by...
Exactly! I've always been interested in holistic areas; therefore, I've taken some classes to learn more about them. We use the words feng shui a lot in my classes. It's more about organizing your own space tidy, so you won't be trapped into your own mess of energy. For instance, how would you feel working in a room that has things all over the floor and every corner compared to a tidy room that has things organized? This is feng shui: organize your ~! :lol:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Re:

Post by Krisi »

LennyeTran wrote:
Krisi wrote:For me the foundation of Feng Shui is purely logical thinking and has transformed into a new concept as the time goes by...
Exactly! I've always been interested in holistic areas; therefore, I've taken some classes to learn more about them. We use the words feng shui a lot in my classes. It's more about organizing your own space tidy, so you won't be trapped into your own mess of energy. For instance, how would you feel working in a room that has things all over the floor and every corner compared to a tidy room that has things organized? This is feng shui: organize your ~! :lol:
I just learned this in books. It helped to refresh my mind (specially in the morning). Everything has appeared pleasant to me when I started to practice it ... even the face of my labrador looks lovely! :P... but, noticed that it"s not cheap! so I apply it now in moderation. :)
Last edited by Krisi on Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
esl member since 2007
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

LennyeTran wrote:
Bambang wrote:
It seems like you should spend some time to learn what Feng Shui really is about, then. Feng Shui is not always about facing your house this way, the window that way, or combining rocks and trees, etc. and you'll get luck or whatsoever. Feng Shui, in depth, is the balance if Yin and Yang. Or in other words, does the physical harms cause the emotional imbalance or does emotional harms cause physical imbalance?
Wanna know about houses? Ask architects
Wanna know about physical harms? Ask doctors
Wanna know about psychological stuff? Ask psychologist or psychiatrist
Wanna know about life? Ask philosophers or spritualists.

Wanna know about irrational explainations? Ask Supernatural men. Feng Shui men are in this category.
We're all friends, right?
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Bambang wrote:

Wanna know about irrational explainations? Ask Supernatural men. Feng Shui men are in this category.
Find a good Feng Shui book and read it.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

LennyeTran wrote:
Bambang wrote:

Yes, Uncle B I don't have to consult all of those people if I can check all what I want to know in one book. :)
esl member since 2007
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

This is really not what I meant.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

LennyeTran wrote:This is really not what I meant.
Is that so...because for me one book is better than disturbing all those people Uncle B had specified for a small problem.
esl member since 2007
Nanning
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Nanning »

Well, it is a shame that there are so many non-Chinese talking about things originating from China.
April 4 marks the memorial day in China, when many people sweep the graves of their loved ones, and you will know what Feng Shui means then.
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Krisi wrote:
Is that so...because for me one book is better than disturbing all those people Uncle B had specified for a small problem.
You can't trust everything in a book. Go with your institution.
Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Bambang »

LennyeTran wrote:
Krisi wrote:
You can't trust everything in a book. Go with your institution.
I have to agrre with Lennye this time. Don't trust everything in a book.
We're all friends, right?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:
Bambang wrote:

Yes, Uncle B I don't have to consult all of those people if I can check all what I want to know in one book. :)
Then what do you really mean here when you said find a good book?
(I've got a good book and a lot of it too. Some of my books are in circulation. :) )
esl member since 2007
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

I told him to find a good book to read, but I said nothing about trusting or believing it. Believing in something is mainly about how you want to believe; that's why can you trust everything you read, see, or hear? Don't forget that our brain is so powerful to delude us sometime. Therefore, any chance or any source that can help you to open another gate of differences, you shouldn't eliminate it. This is what I meant.

In his previous post, he said Feng Shui is a superstition, which made me wonder if he really understood what superstition meant. Feng Shui is similar to religions, which in my opinion, were a superstition in theirs own form, yet some people out there begged to differ. To them, religions were not a superstition since superstition is a negative notion. How dare I was to tell them that they were being superstitious to believe in religions when I knew nothing about them in their eyes. Henceforth, I needed to read books, talk to people who practice it, etc. to understand what were religions. Now I don't really classify religions as a superstition after I realized they have many different aspects. The bottom line is if I don't understand something well enough, I can't classify something is something.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Feng Shui -Wind & Water

Post by Krisi »

Feng shui originated in China some 3,000 or more years ago but by a strange reason has been officially banned there. Feng shui manuscripts were destroyed and the feng shui masters were imprisoned. Despite the effort to eradicate feng shui the leader of China could not eliminate feng shui and so up to this day is still widely practised in China but with good sense.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Feng Shui - Practice in our own house

Post by Krisi »

First rule: no clutter.
Clutter causes stagnation, makes you feel depressed, tired and stuck. A blocked area in your house will be having a negative impact on the corresponding area of your life. So clear all the mess in your house if you want to get rid of the negative emotions.

The Japanese word called "ma"; refers to beauty of the space in between objects.

- - - - - - - -

This is also difficult for me but I guess in time we will get used to the practice. :roll:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Feng Shui - Tips to lessen the mess

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:First rule: no clutter.
Clutter causes stagnation, makes you feel depressed, tired and stuck. A blocked area in your house will be having a negative impact on the corresponding area of your life. So clear all the mess in your house if you want to get rid of the negative emotions.

The Japanese word called "ma"; refers to beauty of the space in between objects.

- - - - - - - -

This is also difficult for me but I guess in time we will get used to the practice. :roll:
Don't just let your old stuff stay for long periods of time in one corner especially, if you don't really need them. Learn to let go of things that are no longer needed. If you cannot correct this, it will cause the energy to stagnate in that corner of your house resulting to a negative effect on the corresponding area of your life.
If you find it difficult to battle with the clutter, here's a cure;
  • 1. move 27 things in your house that have not been moved for a long time, everyday for nine days.
    2. or, throw one unneeded thing out everyday, even if this is just a small thing or something that has been staying for a number of years in your cabinets. I think it's just meaningless to hoard them.
Do the same in your wardrobe, and car.
And, don't forget to clean your pockets too. :-)
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feng Shui Tips

Post by Krisi »

consider these tips for your main door
  • :ok: not facing a toilet, staircase or mirror
    :ok: not facing a pillar, the edge of 2 walls, or a protruding corner
    :ok: not below a toilet on the floor above
Good day to all.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feng Shui cure - Colour

Post by Krisi »

to achieve balance and harmony around you, paint your front door according to the energy of the direction it faces.
  • 1. for south, southwest, or northeast facing - red
    2. for north, east, or southeast facing - blue
    3. for west, northwest or north facing - white
    4. for east, southeast or south facing - green
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feng Shui in Dining & Family Rooms

Post by Krisi »

• Your dining and family rooms must be filled with positive energy.
    This is the right place to keep your stereo system or television set to create good activity in the room.
    Bright or happy coloured walls will give us a positive mood when painted on your dining & family room walls.
    These are also the right areas to install or hang wall mirror to reflect the happiness of the people or the food on the table.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Feng Shui in your Living Room

Post by Krisi »

• Hang a picture of sunrise at the southern corner of your living room. This will open up promising paths for advancement & progress in your life.
    To gain extra luck and create good fortune, place your stereo sets on the west side of your living room.
fleance

Post by fleance »

I think the progress in life and good fortune has nothing to do in Feng shui. Although a man follow feng shui but that man don't live productively then it is absurd.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

People with negative energy should be avoided. They are obnoxious and troublesome they only send negative energy your way.
Positive people have warm heart, will not harm you and can give you a guiding hand. They bring positive energy towards you.

Good day!
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Feng Shui at home

Post by Krisi »

Any water feature in front of the house, e.g. artificial water falls or water fountain, should be located on the left of the main door from inside the house looking out.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Nine Goldfish for Luck

Post by Krisi »

a powerful way to stir up a very good feng shui luck inside your house is to keep 9 goldfish in an aquarium.
Eight red or Golden fish and one black. If any of your goldfish die, do not worry, just replace them.

:ok: