What is your idea of a real friend...?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

gem
Silver Member

What is your idea of a real friend...?

Postby gem » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi everyone...we all have friends but we have some few trusted friends....for me real friends are those you can trust and rely on during hard times...a shoulder to cry on and someone to share your happy moments too......did you find your REAL friend/friends?

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Re: What is your idea of a real friend...?

Postby Krisi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm

gem wrote:Hi everyone...we all have friends but we have some few trusted friends....for me real friends are those you can trust and rely on during hard times...a shoulder to cry on and someone to share your happy moments too......did you find your REAL friend/friends?

I think you can be an ideal friend! :wink:

gem
Silver Member

Postby gem » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:42 pm

You think so? well we can be reeeeeeeeeel friends!

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Krisi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Am I not happy to know that? Thanks...

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:01 pm

those you can keep silent with if you don't want to talk, and no one will feel hurt
I can't find whose words it is but the idea is very close

Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Tora wrote:those you can keep silent with if you don't want to talk, and no one will feel hurt
I can't find whose words it is but the idea is very close
I know what u mean. I won't be your friend, because I prefer to say rude things without hurting you too much, than being quiet without hurting my self. :twisted:

Melek
Gold Member

Postby Melek » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:47 am

for me a real friend is someone who is my half,my nearest person to trust all my secrets ,all my trouble,he/she mustn't be with me only in my happy minutes,but when I suffer,when I'm hurt,when I feel blues he/she must be with me,must support me..I think Im a such friend :oops:

Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Vega » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 am

gem wrote:Hi everyone...we all have friends but we have some few trusted friends....for me real friends are those you can trust and rely on during hard times...a shoulder to cry on and someone to share your happy moments too......did you find your REAL friend/friends?

I had a good friend in high school, but since I've finished high school four years ago I rarely see him. Now I hardly can say I've got a good/real friend, actually, for most people a real friend is someone whom they trust things like secrets, etc. but as for me everyone I know I consider as friends and frankly speaking I've got no secrets or things like that to have a real friend or someone to rely on, I always rely on myself and I don't think I need someone to cry on shoulder because all what happens with me stays with me...but on the other hand it's very important sometimes to have somebody to drink a bear with. :P

melek wrote:for me a real friend is someone who is my half,my nearest person to trust all my secrets ,all my trouble,he/she mustn't be with me only in my happy minutes,but when I suffer,when I'm hurt,when I feel blues he/she must be with me,must support me..I think Im a such friend :oops:

and as I suppose that your half could be only a female friend, right? :)

=Ahmad=
Silver Member

Postby =Ahmad= » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:50 am

Good friends are those who are ready to correct and advice us when we do wrong doings.

Good friends are those who support us when we do right doings.

Melek
Gold Member

Postby Melek » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
I had a good friend in high school, but since I've finished high school four years ago I rarely see him. Now I hardly can say I've got a good/real friend, actually, for most people a real friend is someone whom they trust things like secrets, etc. but as for me everyone I know I consider as friends and frankly speaking I've got no secrets or things like that to have a real friend or someone to rely on, I always rely on myself and I don't think I need someone to cry on shoulder because all what happens with me stays with me...but on the other hand it's very important sometimes to have somebody to drink a bear with. :P

melek wrote:for me a real friend is someone who is my half,my nearest person to trust all my secrets ,all my trouble,he/she mustn't be with me only in my happy minutes,but when I suffer,when I'm hurt,when I feel blues he/she must be with me,must support me..I think Im a such friend :oops:

and as I suppose that your half could be only a female friend, right? :)

not exactly female one...

about ur post ,Ex.u say that everyone whom u know is ur friend.so u consider everyone ur friend?? queer :) maybe they are familiar person,but not friends (znakomie, a ne druz'ya) & believe me u always need to share ur trouble with somebody..I dont mean to cry on smb's shoulder as u mentioned above...but feel smb's support & understanding

Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Vega » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:48 pm

melek wrote:about ur post ,Ex.u say that everyone whom u know is ur friend.so u consider everyone ur friend?? queer :) maybe they are familiar person,but not friends (znakomie, a ne druz'ya)& believe me u always need to share ur trouble with somebody..I dont mean to cry on smb's shoulder as u mentioned above...but feel smb's support & understanding

As the time goes by my best friends disappears. When I finish univer., I will lost my friends I was used to know...A time ago my cousin was my best friend, but now we are different planets, I don't phone him about 2-3 years...time changes us, we gather different insight and create the circle around that best suits our demands and expectations.

Oh, this post gonna be long and boring if I'll went on talking, so The End. :)

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Krisi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:18 pm

Xkalibur wrote:As the time goes by my best friends disappears. When I finish univer., I will lost my friends I was used to know...

This is the saddest part in friendship. Sometimes even if one tried so hard to keep the friendship, it just wanes. :(

Xkalibur wrote:time changes us, we gather different insight and create the circle around that best suits our demands and expectations.

Yes there is truth to this but the friendship created in profession is different...maybe this is where male and female type of friendship differs.
The males are happy enough to have a beer or two with their new found friends but, this is not so true with the females, we try to know the person, accept as friend, develop the trust... then only can we call them as our true friends...

Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Tora » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:34 pm

Among my university mates it's such a mania of seeking old schoolmates via the Net, you all know such a service is very wide-spread all over the globe and here it is not new too, I have logged in one of this web-sites, it took people too long to make me do it... Now everyone there is "friends", actually I wonder what make people you don't even say hello to in real life to add you as a friend on the net, the same stuff about my former schoolmates...

Of course, I am happy to see many of them, but please, studying at the same school doesn't mean you need to be friends afterwards, even it is just Internet...

So probably now it is really very easy to name as a friend everyone you know...
Do you participate in such kind of forums or communities? are you looking for your former classmates?

Melek
Gold Member

Postby Melek » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:40 am

Tora wrote:
Of course, I am happy to see many of them, but please, studying at the same school doesn't mean you need to be friends afterwards, even it is just Internet...

So probably now it is really very easy to name as a friend everyone you know...
Do you participate in such kind of forums or communities? are you looking for your former classmates?

I ve heard about this announcement in net in mail@gent. as for me I dont seek my former classmates.I still keep in touch with those whom I used to be friends & we still communicate,meet very often ,go for a walk.about the rest of my classmates I have no any information since my graduation the secondory school

gem
Silver Member

Postby gem » Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:56 am

Friends are the people whom we are attached with respect and affection....an acquaintance, who is not hostile ...who favors and support ...did you find this kind of person?

fabulous

Postby fabulous » Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:32 pm

a real ideal friend for me is who will help each other at any situation any moment (such as sorrow, happy, homework, study,and much more), not selfish or stingy at sharing at whatever things. that's my dream real friend. it doesn't matter is a male or female. :D
Still Fabulous

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Re:

Postby Krisi » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:53 am

gem wrote:Friends are the people whom we are attached with respect and affection....an acquaintance, who is not hostile ...who favors and support ...did you find this kind of person?

If you mean acquaintances only I have some...but, a true and best friend... hmm, I thought, I found one but was wrong... :(
Owl City - My Everything

esl member since 2007

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:18 am

A real friend or a best friend, no matter what they are stranger(first meeting) or your acquaintance can be....... :D :D :D
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

Bambang
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Bambang » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:59 am

We're all friends, right?
We're all friends, right?

kangta

help me !!!!!!!!!

Postby kangta » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:10 am

Hello,everybody!I want to learn English well because it needs for my job after I graduate but I don't know how I should start :?: .Can everybody help me,please? :arrow:

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby denvinbo » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:58 am

So welcome to ESL.....
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children

Return to “Ideas and Opinions”