Is television the leading cause of violence?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

Bambang
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Is television the leading cause of violence?

Post by Bambang »

Krisi wrote:
Bambang wrote:
andes wrote:if the watchers are short minded, bad tempered and unwise, yes it is indeed.
TV could make people short-minded, bad tempered, thick skinned, and idiotic. Watch gossip programs, then you'll experience one of them at least.
Not only TV Uncle B if that's what you want to express. :P Don't you think even the people around us are capable of making us appear in this way? :roll: :mrgreen:
TV is the most effective media to brainwash people. The best tool to make people idiotic!
We're all friends, right?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Bambang wrote:
Krisi wrote:
Bambang wrote:
TV could make people short-minded, bad tempered, thick skinned, and idiotic. Watch gossip programs, then you'll experience one of them at least.
Not only TV Uncle B if that's what you want to express. :P Don't you think even the people around us are capable of making us appear in this way? :roll: :mrgreen:
TV is the most effective media to brainwash people. The best tool to make people idiotic!
brainwash? :shock:
esl member since 2007
MissLT
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by MissLT »

Yes.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

My answer: Yes...!!! It is one of the reasons, of course!
sure

Post by sure »

It depends really! :)
Hold on!
raymasood

Post by raymasood »

People are violent by nature and some how with there genes connection too...so tv is not the leading cause of violence ... How ever it provide us the violent actions but end of the its still up to every human that how he or she take that...
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

What do you think?
I know for some it's helpful but for many it's not... it's ruining lives... some people benefit from it but not all...

:roll:

(... whatever "Goodluck!") {-:
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

some TV shows are obviously disagreeable. there is even a host who gave as a joke some discriminating opinion to only one gender always. Sometimes the personal interest of the host cannot be hidden. :roll: I think to some people it's alright but they should know it's not for everybody.
EmyJBraun

Post by EmyJBraun »

But it is you who choose what to watch and how much time. I don't watch Television but can say that it isn't something evil. Like all media sources, it can be interpreted different. The responsibility lies on the individual.
Richland

Post by Richland »

Among other things, yes, it is.
Cometrocks

Post by Cometrocks »

I don't think we should go as far as considering it the leading cause of violence. T.V. wasn't definitely around when people in medieval Europe invented those gruesome torture techniques. I mean who could ever think of such things!! Where did they get the ideas for these torture methods, it definitely wasn't from horror movies or T.V. shows. And what about H.H.Holmes, who lived in the 19th century, a long time before T.V. was invented, and is said to have killed between 20 to 200 people. He built a hotel with a maze, soundproof rooms, trapdoors over chutes that dropped his guests into the basement,etc. What inspired his crimes?! There is also Belle Gunness who killed 14 people and burried them on her farm between the years 1884 and 1908 for money. My point is some people are just inherently violent and evidently can have and enact horrible thoughts without the influence of T.V., art or books. Any normal person would look away from extremely violent scenes on T.V., however, people who are violent by nature enjoy such scenes and gravitate towards them, but they are not the cause of their violent tendencies.