are these sentences true?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

samnet

are these sentences true?

Post by samnet »

hi everyone,
I was wondering if these sentences are true?
1- from an individual point of view
2- when it comes to taking responsibility
3- it might be the question of differences in personality traits
4- when this phenomenon results in preventing countries from development

I used them in the following essay in writing task 2:
These days people prefer not to get married in many countries in all around the world. It is true that there are some advantages; however, the drawbacks of this phenomenon outweigh the benefits.

From an individual point of view, firstly everyone has freedom to choose his/her lifestyle. By choosing living alone, people may feel free to live any way they intend to. Secondly, when it comes to taking responsibility in a family, many people may prefer to live without any responsibility which might make them happier. For example, they can go everywhere they want as well as having relation with everyone the want without any limitation. Finally, it might be the question of differences in personality traits which make it more difficult for people to find someone who can live with for a long time. In some cases, these differences lead to divorce which has serious impacts on children.

Although there might be some positive points, if we look at this from society aspect, the drawbacks are much more than benefits. Families are considered as a cornerstone societies which means without a strong and well-organized families, there is no thriving society. Children must be nurtured in families correctly if there are supposed to play a positive role in society. Moreover, some countries suffer from decrease in population which leads to lack of workforce, hence negative impacts on development of countries. Consequently, in long term, when this phenomenon results in preventing countries from development, side effects of it will return to all people.

In conclusion, I would argue that the disadvantages of living alone is much more than the advantages.
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: are these sentences true?

Post by Krisi »

may I know for what is this? :-)
samnet

Post by samnet »

Krisi wrote:may I know for what is this? :-)
are you going to know about the subject?
"In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?"
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

samnet wrote:
"In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?"
because I cannot imagine what kind of subject (if in school) would want to see the discriminating effect of living alone... so I am just wondering, what kind of question was that? I don't get where you want to arrive at. There are a lot of factors to consider before we can say if a given situation is an effect of a positive or negative development. Most likely it is not... Because I think, the positivity or negativity in any situation is already the effect of a collective situation or condition and not only from one area.
esl member since 2007
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

Krisi wrote:
samnet wrote:

because I cannot imagine what kind of subject (if in school) would want to see the discriminating effect of living alone... so I am just wondering, what kind of question was that? There are a lot of factors to consider before we can say if a given situation is an effect of a positive or negative development. Most likely it is not... Because I think, the positivity or negativity in any situation is already the effect of a collective situation or condition and not only from one area.
in some places living alone is just created by some community/society or group of people. It's by force! :?: :roll:

Let the people live. embrace circumstances you see. learn to adjust if you must. Single out the things with negative effect then correct them so that you can draw out a positive situation for everyone. Then design new laws/rule for a more productive environment. This is more positive, I guess.
We should see hope in each one. An optimistic mind can see beautiful opportunities in any situation.
Good luck!
esl member since 2007
samnet

Post by samnet »

Krisi wrote:
Krisi wrote:
samnet wrote:

because I cannot imagine what kind of subject (if in school) would want to see the discriminating effect of living alone... so I am just wondering, what kind of question was that? There are a lot of factors to consider before we can say if a given situation is an effect of a positive or negative development. Most likely it is not... Because I think, the positivity or negativity in any situation is already the effect of a collective situation or condition and not only from one area.
in some places living alone is just created by some community/society or group of people. It's by force! :?: :roll:

Let the people live. embrace circumstances you see. learn to adjust if you must. Single out the things with negative effect then correct them so that you can draw out a positive situation for everyone. Then design new laws/rule for a more productive environment. This is more positive, I guess.
We should see hope in each one. An optimistic mind can see beautiful opportunities in any situation.
Good luck!
Hi krisi
Thanks for your great feedback.however there is a misunderstanding
I started this topic to know about if the sentences (4 sentences at the begining) is true
I just added whole essay for extra information
Would you please help me about those sentences?
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

samnet wrote: Hi krisi
Thanks for your great feedback.however there is a misunderstanding
I started this topic to know about if the sentences (4 sentences at the begining) is true
I just added whole essay for extra information
Would you please help me about those sentences?
I have just replied on your question--
samnet wrote:
and shared my opinion about it. what you are trying to bring out from this topic has nothing to do with this site.

So, please open and read the contents of the link below in another search bar.

viewtopic.php?f=199&t=28131

thank you.