A Question Regarding Facebook

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

CDawson

A Question Regarding Facebook

Post by CDawson »

Would you want to meet in person any of the people that you have befriended on Facebook? What is the benefit of befriending so many people? People I've never corresponded with want to be my friend. Facebook is kind of scary in that regards. I do, however, like Facebook as a way to keep up with friends from my past.
I help people get results with written subject matter.
Click on my link for details regarding my website.
www.writtencommunicationcompany.com
Matthewton

Re: A Question Regarding Facebook

Post by Matthewton »

In that situation, I would not risk meeting someone that I barely know about on Facebook because of some dangers. There have been tragic murders, kidnapping, fraud as a result of real life meetings. I only meet them when I have enough information about them , for example, they share some comon interests with me, and I would meet them in public places, not in private places to avoid the unfortunate loss.
To me, having a circle of friends online can bring benefit. That is , in case I need help, i can ask for their advice. By that way, i have a variety of ideas so that i can make my own decision. I agree with you that we can use Facebook to find some past friends and it works. To sum up, whether Facebook is good or bad depends on how we use it.
nancymar

Re: A Question Regarding Facebook

Post by nancymar »

why do people express and share their negative emotion about their work, family and their personal life through facebook?what exactly they expect from posting all their problems to facebook?