Do you still read newspaper in real paper?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

SitangCampus
Rising Star
Rising Star

Do you still read newspaper in real paper?

Post by SitangCampus »

When news and info is so easily made available by mobile phones or other Internet devices, newspaper loses its usual readership. In China, many public funded institutions have their subscribed unread newspaper in bundles sold to garbage collector by kilos at prices much less than the selling price of the newspaper, causing a waste of resources.

In our college, people joke that if you cannot find the office documents you need, you can visit the female garbage collector who always places all her gathering in front of the house for counting and you will not be disappointed.

I often read China Daily (the official English language newspaper of China) on the commuting bus connecting the two campuses, the act was often regarded as something that I wanted to make an impression, because to know English is something hard to achieve in China.

Hahaha!
Firefox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Do you still read newspaper in real paper?

Post by Firefox »

I do like to read real paper newspapers but they are rarer these days. Sad to say. Books too, are good to read in paper version.
mosunovpa

Post by mosunovpa »

Most of paper newspares are ads -( So all news and an information i get from the Internet.
Cometrocks

Post by Cometrocks »

I do prefer real newspaper but that means I have to go out of my way and look for them, so it's just easier to read news online. However, I love the feeling of reading the paper over breakfast like I used to do with my grandmother when I was a kid.
broinsaturn

Post by broinsaturn »

Very rare. But touching paper has a good feeling and when reading it feels kind of full control and freedom.
abbilia

Post by abbilia »

The truth is, for the young generation, most of young people don't read newspaper in real paper anymore, it doesn't mean that young generation don't care about what is happening in our country or society. Internet technology is developed rapidly, so we can get any information we want from the internet, including different news, so it's not most people don't care or don't read news anymore, we just changed it to a different way.
Better choice. Better life. Try to explore more about teaching in China.
NicolePan

Post by NicolePan »

Reading is a good habit which enhance people's literary accomplishments. Some professors or elders still read newspaper in real paper.
Education Shapes Future.Teaching in China, help others shapes a better future.
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Newspapers are becoming a thing of the past.

When the older generation pass, I believe that the majority of news will be only published online or on TV, not in paper form.