Trip to Zoo

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderator: EC

shamira

Trip to Zoo

Post by shamira »

Hi all,
I have a very rare opportunity to take the whole school to Zoo (children age 7 - 10). I want to divide them into 6 groups and give them some worksheets. The only problem is that the adult person accompanying each group does not speak English and almost all the descriptions in the Zoo are in our native language. Any ideas what kind of activities I could ask them to do?
Thanks a lot, I will appreciate any advice... {-;
Firefox
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Trip to Zoo

Post by Firefox »

I noticed a spelling worksheet for animals at:
https://www.englishclub.com/esl-workshe ... nimals.htm

But it may be too difficult since all the descriptions at the zoo will be in your language.

What about making your own matching worksheets with animal names in your language and English? And they have to figure it out and draw lines between them. That's much more fun. "Spaghetti Exercise" :roll:
https://www.englishclub.com/worksheet-m ... tching.php

Example below, but of course you will change the title and words etc:

shamira

Post by shamira »

That is a good idea, thanks a lot... I would prefer activities that are focused on speaking/listening rather than reading/writing but in this case it is probably not an option. Thanks again.
Joe
Admin/Teacher
Admin/Teacher

Post by Joe »

And of course the one does not preclude the other.
"We are not wholly bad or good, who live our lives under Milk Wood :-| " — Dylan Thomas, Under Milk Wood

eBooks: English Prepositions List | Essential Business Words | Learn English in Seven