since 1997, the world's premier FREE website for learners + teachers of English

learning English tips

Ideas and advice from EC members on best ways to learn English

Moderators: Krisi, Vega, EC

himberly

learning English tips

Postby himberly » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:33 am

My native language is French, the past few years ago I studied Chinese in Hanbridge Mandarin, my English is very poor,I want to learn English now, but I do not know how to more quickly master learning tips.Do you tell me the answer,

ritzkevin
Silver Member

Re: learning English tips

Postby ritzkevin » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:28 pm

Hi, Himberly!

I'm an English teacher. I can help you improve your English.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso

stuart

Postby stuart » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:09 pm

Listening,you must listen to that story with full attention . And then you will find the questions easy.

All the best, Hope you do well.

casualpact

Postby casualpact » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:43 pm

There are lots of different ways to improve your English. A good teacher and strong motivation are for starters!

I like to supplement my learning with additional activities. I am really big on grammarlings at the moment, it helps my brain think more 'like a native'.
http://www.learngrammarlings.com

Although in the beginning of my English learning experience, I used a lot of audio courses. Pimsleur had a good one for Russian speakers.

CoachAndrea

Postby CoachAndrea » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Here is some advice for you to help you improve your English!

http://englishretreats.ca/learning-by-doing/

Thank you!

Andrea
English Coach/Trainer
www.englishretreats.ca
www.englishretreats.ca
Real English in a Real Setting

Thunguyen

Postby Thunguyen » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:41 am

In my opinion, when you learn new words, you should the words and examples, then create your own examples. Also, use the words in everyday life, i.e. to think in English, so that you can remember and use them fluently. Talking to your self is one of the best way to learn foreign languages. At first, you may find this is ridiculous, however, you will soo get used to it! Otherwise, if you don't use your vocabs frequently, they may soon become dead words.
That's how I learn English

StevenMorris

Postby StevenMorris » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

Whether you are a foreign student or a native speaker, English skills can always be improved. There are many tried and true tips for learning English. These are five English tips that are often taught to the foreign language speakers coming into English. These tips not only help learn English, but they are also tips on improving English skills.

1. Listen as much as you can - Listening to conversations in English is one of the most effective ways to build your vocabulary and speaking skills.

2. Read a book, newspaper or journal in English that is just above your current level of reading with a dictionary. This will help to learn new vocabulary words in a fun way. This is also a great tip for improving English in a technical field. Even by spending a mere 15 minutes a day, your skills can improve drastically.

3. Practice English with a partner - Study partners can help each other understand different topics, talk through questions, and practice English skills.

4. Listen to speeches or watch movies or documentaries in areas you aren't familiar with are fun tips on improving English. This activity will help improve listening and vocabulary at the same time. At first you can use subtitles, then turn the subtitles off when the listening part of this activity becomes easier.

5. Keeping a diary allows you to utilize all of your English skills that you've been practicing with reading, listening and grammar. As a bonus, you can go back over your entries and grade yourself, noting where you can improve more. This is one of the greatest tips on improving English at any stage of learning the language.

Learning English is hard, but with these tips on learning English, you will get better.

Blooms

Postby Blooms » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:54 pm

Hi, here are 3 top tips for for learning English:
1. Use english as much as possible outside ' the clasroom'.
2. Read, watch and listen to english media - it will be interesting and you will pick up common expressions at the same time!
3. Use apps - perhaps down load english games such as scrabble! or set up a whatsapp page with your friends and only speak english on it!

Code: Select all

http://www.bloomsbury-international.com/en/

davidmikky

Postby davidmikky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:54 am

My native language is French, the past few years ago I studied Chinese in Hanbridge Mandarin, my English is very poor,I want to learn English now, but I do not know how to more quickly master learning tips.Do you tell me the answer,
malik66

leopardo

Postby leopardo » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:03 pm

I know that your native language is French, but I have an app in my tablet ( that it can be used with android or IO's), that is perfect for learning, its name is Duolingo.
In it you can find many ways to learn a lot of languages, like English. It makes you exercises, but they're not boring. I like playing with the app, because I have fun and i have a good time with it, and also I learn!
I like brushing up my English with this app it’s pretty funny and not very difficult, but I hope that me and lot of people like you, will learn a lot with this beautiful application.

leopardo

Postby leopardo » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:05 am

Hi Himberly!
I know that your native language is French, and they are many ways to improve your English, going to particular classes, in the school etc. If you like mobile phones or tablets, I have one app for android an IO’s that is perfect for learning languages, its name is Duolingo.
In it you can find many ways to learn a lot of idioms, like English. It makes you exercises, but they're not boring. I like playing with the app, because I have fun with it, and also I learn!
I like brushing up my English with this app it’s pretty funny and not very difficult, but I hope that me and lot of people like you, will learn a lot with this beautiful application. I like having a good time with the app!

Have a nice day

Return to “Learning Tips”