Tips for Writing

Ideas and advice from EC members on best ways to learn English

Moderator: EC

firouzalam

Re: Tips for Writing

Post by firouzalam »

Pirate wrote:Hello everyone,

This is one part of the series "Tips for learning English". The series is today created in the sake of collecting and assembling tips which come from English learners. Post your own tips which really work :!: Other members can learn from them, and if necessary we could discuss :idea:

You are in the WRITING section 8) .

"Say all you have to say in the fewest possible words, or your reader will be sure to skip them; and in the plainest possible words or he will certainly misunderstand them."
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

English Writing lessons: http://www.englishclub.com/writing/
Hello Pirate, my favorite writing tips is 'writing accurately', because accurate writing makes
our writing not only factually and grammatically correct but also ensures that readers can easily understand our ideas.
neiltalkshop

Post by neiltalkshop »

In writing, choose a topic that you really love.
TalkShop, Best English School in the Philippines
http://www.talkshop.ph
writing

Post by writing »

For writing, two things will not only help you but also will improve your writing skills.

1. Think & Think
2 Make Blue Print/Outline

First process the topic in your mind and decide the points which you are going to write. Then make an outline with the most important points. These points will be like the sub-headings which you can elaborate.

Happy Writing :)
scherfjack

Post by scherfjack »

Normally writing work have several easy methods which could be easily adoptable for the students,and with the difficulty and also to reduce the burden of writing this work ,now a days many of the students are seeking help from the Canada legal studies writing service which generally provides help for the students in a greater aspect.
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

I'm an English tutor teaching English online through Skype. One simple rule I have remembered when I was a student is "If it doesn't sound right, it's probably wrong."
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
Krisi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Krisi »

writerone wrote:I learn by reading and writing. Each writer has their own writing style. If the reader can understand what is wrote then the writer did good since there is no perfect. But in time is it possible to (master) the art of writing? I only see the understanding of the writing by the subject and not the words precisely. Each word has it's own meaning within the piece. And I will never understand where the reader will interpret what they thought the writer was writing? Why write if the reader is going to interpret.

Most of the time the writer knows what they are writing about, and sometimes they don't, I have been there. writerone {-:
Tip:
It's very important for the writer to understand what (s)he is writing first so that the reader can easily get to the bottom of what the writer is really trying to express.
:roll:
:mrgreen:
Blooms

Post by Blooms »

Here are a few writting tips:

1. Use exclamation marks (!) to show anger or surpise but don't use them in formal essays/writting.

2. Use semi colons (;) when linking together two clsoely related sentences, for example:

I have a big test tomorrow; I can't go out tonight.

3. Use colons (:) when you area bout to start a list or a qoutation.

Hope this was helpful {-:

Code: Select all

http://www.bloomsbury-international.com/en/
rajputrana

Post by rajputrana »

Check out any given paper and see the paragraphs that are short.

That is achieved to earn reading less difficult, as our brains participate in details improved if it has divided up into small balls. In educational writing, just about every paragraph develops one particular notion and frequently comprises many paragraphs. However in relaxed, regular composing, the fashion is not as formal and expressions might be as limited as one sentence and sometimes maybe a lone sentence.
utservices

Post by utservices »

Hello all

How to improve your translation skills
We have been hearing this question a lot these days: how to improve your translation skills? The best tip for all translators would be to: read, read, and read! Reading is fundamental aspect especially when dealing with words as it widens one’s vocabulary, which is essential for translation.

Here are a few suggestions that can help you develop a healthy career in the translation industry as a highly qualified and experienced translator and some tips on how to improve your translation skills.
Check here:- https://www.universal-translation-servi ... on-skills/
BadReader

Post by BadReader »

A good tool to train your articles ability articles.e-guru.ru, it helped me a lot since there are no articles in my native language and so they are damn difficult to catch in relatively complex (e.g. academic) writing..
adamnguyen

Post by adamnguyen »

Thanks for sharing.
Very useful tips.
SophiaS

Re:

Post by SophiaS »

esra wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:35 pm To express your ideas about an issue can be easy only if you are good at your own language...

To provide this one must read a lot...

Best wishes
As an ESL teacher, I completely agree with esra. Read voraciously. Read daily. Read anything you can lay your hands on. Reading exposes you to writing that is better than your own. It builds vocabulary and gives you the tools you need to improve your own writing. If there's one tip I wish all my students would take, this would be it.
Ellen Wooo

Post by Ellen Wooo »

Memorizing some good English articles might be a good way to learn English writing skills.
Better Job, Better Education, Better World. Teaching job in China
Muwao

Post by Muwao »

My kids just love these toys! Thanks to them, their logical thinking is developing better and better. these printable learning games for preschoolers are just wonderful. https://wunderkiddy.com/category/learning-games
allcode

Re: Re:

Post by allcode »

SophiaS wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:24 am
esra wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:35 pm To express your ideas about an issue can be easy only if you are good at your own language...

To provide this one must read a lot...

Best wishes
As an ESL teacher, I completely agree with esra. Read voraciously. Read daily. Read anything you can lay your hands on. Reading exposes you to writing that is better than your own. It builds vocabulary and gives you the tools you need to improve your own writing. If there's one tip I wish all my students would take, this would be it.
Great advice. Thanks. I always hate reading at school but now I understand why it is important