Reetagms

Re: Tips for Speaking

Post by Reetagms »

Reading an English novel.
myocean

Post by myocean »

vareya wrote:hello...
I won't elaborate in long way, I wanna say in short & sweet wards ..
1) initially we don't need any person, we can start up by talking ownself talk to yourself and reply in mind....
2) and start to think in English
3) Ask question to yourself and reply elaborately.
I am agree with you perfectly.
I feel we must rely on our own and save energy and time.
Besides the Internet has some very good resources and we don't have to go class.
good luck
sanjaySinha

Post by sanjaySinha »

If we use the basic tips of speak English then I think English is not difficult to speak. These basic tips are below:
1. Increase your vocabulary daily by 5 new words you don't know
2. You need to feel before speak, mind who is doing, what is doing and with whom.
3. Don't translate into your native language before speak.
4. Think everything in English daily 15min in the morning and talk with your self
5 First, calm down to think about wordings you are going to choose and then speak slowly.
Sanjay Sinha
Teaching English from 5 years
https://www.englishsikho.com
sanjaySinha

Post by sanjaySinha »

Hello,
The most important is your confidence in speaking English.If you have no confidence then you can't speak in front of anyone in any language.
Another you have to increase your vocabulary. So find the vocabulary words daily.
Talk with yourself in front of the mirror and speak aloud because when you speak aloud automatically it helps to increase your confidence.
You become a good speaker if you are a good listener.
Record your voice when you speaking English and cover your mistakes to listen to it.

Thanks
Sanjay Sinha
Teaching English from 5 years
https://www.englishsikho.com
ahmedmorocco

Re: Self-learning

Post by ahmedmorocco »

Pirate wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:42 pm My Australian teacher of English gave me a way to practise speaking at home, alone and I think it is important because Speaking is the skill that we find most difficult to self-practise.

1- Get a recorder.
2- Prepare a presentation on any topic u like.
3- Record your speaking.
4- Listen to it again and again.
You will find out your mistakes and weak points.
(You will find your voice very cute :mrgreen: )
5- Do the 4 steps above whenever you have time.
Does your speaking get better? :wink:
Thank you very much for sharing your tips to improuve our skills.

i agree your strategy to improve speaking

using a recorder programm with your voice is a very good way to correct and improve your speaking and pronunciation

i add another idea

you can listen a short story and repear it with your voice

good luck
Impossible is Nothing
ahmedmorocco

Re:

Post by ahmedmorocco »

Arale wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:39 am How to get a good speaking skill? It keeps long practise! No one can speak fluently in a flash . It needs time and how long depends on your ability and IQ.

_Arale_
Is normal

learning anything take a time and patience, and English is no exception

but if you have ability, will and patience you will realise your goals quickly
Impossible is Nothing
ahmedmorocco

Re:

Post by ahmedmorocco »

Pirate wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:08 am Ladies and gentlemen, welcome on board!

Dear newbies, it's nice to see you wave hello, but I'd prefer a speech! Feel free to post here what you like to speak, then SPEAK IT OUT LOUD :idea:

One tip for good speaking is TO SPEAK IT OUT LOUD! Don't let words lie in your head only. If you cannot find a partner, talk to yourself in the mirror. Let's see how long you can :wink:
Yes am with you if we don t finf a partner is not the end

you can talk with yourself with a out loud

thank you_ very much
Impossible is Nothing
ahmedmorocco

Re: much appreciate

Post by ahmedmorocco »

pier wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:35 am Hi,all:
It's really a good site for english learners like me who want to
do well in english speaking.
It's a difficult for a non-native-speaker to talk to someone in english I think. Nearly 10 years have passed since I got to know this language. But unfortunately, I still can not open my mouth when I want to make a conversation to a foreigner. I just almost lose confidence.
I always admire him/her who speaks english fruently.How can he/she speak so well ?
And I find so many freinds right here with a warmly heart.And give us so many helpful tips&experience.
I CAN DO WELL WITH YOUR HELP.Thank U!
welcome back and thank you very much

you can use groups in facebook to know new friends and speak with them

you can also use wats up and messenger or skype to write and speak by voice with friends
Impossible is Nothing
ahmedmorocco

Re: Accent

Post by ahmedmorocco »

SandyHR wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:23 am Hi Friends,
Along with speaking there is one more problem. That is accent.
Though i can speak english my accent may have my nativity influence. Pls can any one suggest how to improve accent.

Regards,
Sandeep H.R
*sandy hr

welcome and thanks for your question

the problem of accent is normal for all people how want tolearn a foreign language

but you can improve your accent by listening and speak

you try to talk as a native speaker

you fail in your first attemptbut you success after

good luck for you
Impossible is Nothing
ahmedmorocco

Re:

Post by ahmedmorocco »

etan wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:35 pm I agree with Caramen and I will enjoy to join her English-Club...
To improve my english, I need to practice every single day and I am sure that my vocabulary will be better than today !
Is normal my friend

no pain no gain

Success is the result of perfection hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence
Impossible is Nothing
ahmedmorocco

Post by ahmedmorocco »

StevenMorris wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:53 am You need to increase your vocabulary to get a good speaking skill. It required regular practise. Internet can help you in this matter very well. So explore the web and learn for the related keywords everyday.
thank you
Impossible is Nothing
Ramnik

Post by Ramnik »

Thank you for the tips and now i will apply that kind of tips.
LinhTran

Post by LinhTran »

I found some really interesting tip in this blog:
https://ejoy-english.com/blog/how-to-im ... ing-skill/
ritabos

Post by ritabos »

Here are Tips To Improve Your Spoken English

Just Speak

Yes, Just speak. The best to improve your spoken English is you just speak, just speak in English wherever you go. Practice make man’s perfect. So just speak and keep practising. Take advantage of the lots of English speakers in your nearby areas such as your friends, your coworkers, classmates, employees and other places you visit. Join online community of learners on facebook or whatsapp. This will also help you to improve your spoken English.

Listen , hear and Read English

Most of the English learner read too much and listen too little. Watch movies, listen to music, the radio and to podcasts of English. Read books, magazines and blogs. You need to listen more and more of English. Listening will also help you improve your pronunciation and reduce your accent problem. When listening and reading, find new and interesting things, slang terms and synonyms. Learn and use phrases rather than single words.

Join English Speaking Classes

Teacher is very essential in every walk of life. We are in the world where Google solves all our problems . But it is good to join the English speaking classes to set a regular routine . This will give you a timely and fixed schedule for your spoken English and also bring a positive change reflect in your spoken English. Some of the most renowned English speaking classes in Nagpur are the most reliable one.
FredHill

Post by FredHill »

Great correspondence comes in numerous structures and styles. No standard is ever an unchangeable reality and disrupting the guidelines can some of the time be the most ideal approach to express what is on your mind. You should make sense of what works best for you and build up your very own style.
Haravi

Post by Haravi »

It takes time to learn to speak English or any other language. There are many tips for learning English. The most useful and easy tips I learned from teachers is to use regular works in your regular talks in home, school, playing, and in every thing you do. You start with a single word and then switch to small sentences. This is most useful tip I have personally tried and results are excellent. Try it!!! It works.
CBSE schools in Amravati
speakingapp

Post by speakingapp »

Great job man! you have shared great information.
The app brings an exciting twist to English learning by providing audio aids for getting the pronunciation right. Whether you want to improve business English or everyday English, the online app is there to help you out.
hieuhuynh

Post by hieuhuynh »

Hi Everyone,
I'm not a native speaker and I learned speaking myself. It was a painstaking process but now I'm quite confident with it. Some natives often ask me if I studied abroad or traveled oversea a lot (I wished I could). Here are my tips:

Pronunciation: It is very important to speak the word correctly. When you learn a new word, invest a bit more time on its pronunciation, look at its phonetics, go to google to hear how it sounds and speak with Voice Recognition. If Google can detect your sound, It means your pronunciation is quite correct and easily understood.

Connect the sound to the picture: I'm confident with my decent pronunciation but many times, I was in situations where I didn't know how to form the sentence correctly and express it in English instantly. The reason was I had to translate my thought from my language into English. Unfortunately, under the pressure of time in communication, my translation didn't work. I ended up speaking broken English, no one understood me. My tip is when you learn a word, try to connect the sound to the picture, understand the word by its picture, instead of your local language. When you speak, create the picture in your mind and your mouth will recall the English sound. You will find your speaking is more understandable in many situations.

Practice speaking: The best way is to speak with natives and let them fix your mistakes. Unless you have an English boyfriend or girlfriend, it's quite impossible to communicate with natives every day. I went to some classes, paid a lot of money to meet them but eventually, we didn't have much interaction. I went to the English club in cafes but the conversations were quite awkward. It's quite frustrating to find natives partner and I don't find any app sounds native and interactive enough. So I made this English app: https://englishhero.app/ to help you practice any time and anywhere. You have chances to listen to various accents (from real people, not robot sound) and then speak in response. It is very interactive, like real conversations with natives. Also, it recognizes your voice and helps correct your pronunciation. No worries to find partners and wrong pronunciation. Enjoy your study!
talkingwithgigi

Post by talkingwithgigi »

I'm an ESL teacher and TOEFL, IELTS coach.

I've prepared many students for English speaking tests and here are a few tips:

:ok: Use a recorder and record your own voice. Listen to your pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary and see if you can detect any errors. One of the best ways of learning to speak better is to recognize your own mistakes.

:ok: Listen to English conversations daily by watching news in English, listening to English podcasts and English music.

:ok: Engage in active discussions such as debating, dialogues, conversations with a native speaker like a teacher or online tutor.

:ok: Learn useful English expressions and idioms to use in your conversations. Learning English is one thing, but to speak like a pro you must use expressions used by natives.

:ok: Keep practicing: the more you practice the faster you will learn.

Those are some of my tips for improving your English speaking skills {-:

Gigi
sourabhr

Post by sourabhr »

For speaking some basic tips like
1. Read Newspaper
2. Need to see english movie
3. Daily learn new word
4. Increase to learn phrases and idoms
5. Make new friends who expert in English
6. Create your own environment english friendly.
KyLogan

Post by KyLogan »

Effective speaking and communication is a process that requires both homework and practice. Before speaking, it is always best to know how the language is spoken. One can start off by watching movies, series, or short clips to understand how the language sounds. Then, it is best to look into the basic grammar aspects like noun, preposition, and conjunction. And yes, speaking does not come without practice. So, if not confident, one can take both sides and talk to the mirror and build a conversation. Once this process is complete, it is time to start talking to people (preferably those who would be more receptive and understanding of one's lack of speaking skills). Building conversations and speaking regularly helps a long way in improving speaking skills.
Safsup

Re: Some useful tips by me !

Post by Safsup »

Deeya wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:39 pm Here are some tips ( by me ).Ive personally done everything mentioned below.It was really a fun and it also helped me improve my conversational skills.I hope you'll find'em very effective :) !

1. :arrow: First you need to make up your mind about how you are going to practise the conversation.Make a flow chart plan or whatever you choose.

2. :arrow: Increase your vocabulary to speak english in a better way.You could take help from web or different books.Explore the web and search with the related keywords.

3. :arrow: Get over your shyness and hesitation.English's a foreign language.It doesn't really matter if we make mistakes during the learning stage. :idea:

4. :arrow: Use the language as often as you can.The more you speak , the faster you will learn.Just dont get hesitated by the
thoughts like " Oh , what if i say sumthing silly while conversing with someone , or pronounce something in a weird or wrong way." What you need to do is kick this thought far away out of you mind.This just doesnt matter.Tell your mind " I can do it , and i will " .

5. :arrow: Find someone who's reallly a whiz at speaking english ( and knows your language too).Be friends with him / her and just get into the conversation forgetting that you're practising this to achieve something.Just feel comfortable like if you are a native-speaker.Be confident while talking to someone in english and look directly into the eyes.Dont look here and there while
saying something or else he'd think you're probably havin' some trouble speaking the language.

6. :arrow: Write short dialogues for everyday situations.Now get a tape recorder.Say the lines you've written in your conversations , the way they should ( according to the situation ).It would seem good enough to make a slight change in your voice when the other character has to speak.Now listen to it again and again.You'd probably find out the silly mistakes , you made , and then the next time , say the lines after correcting the mistakes.At a certain time , you'd surely get the perfect way to communicate with anyone in english.

7. :arrow: Listen to the English news , and other english programmes.This would be a very important listening activity to improve your pronunciation.Watch english movies , especially SHREK 1 and 2.

8. :arrow: Now in order to communicate in english with the perfect expressions , you need to memorize some of your conversations you wrote.Then just go to the washroom or wherever you feel comfortable.Let everyone get out of the room and shut the door.Stand facing the mirror.Take a deep breath and imagine if you're really standing in front of someone who doesn't know your language.Start recalling and say the lines in the correct order with the correct expressions according to that situation.Make it look really natural.Do this once a day , regularly.This would take you even more further to the way of speaking english fluently.

9. :arrow: Ask your friends to help you with this.Prepare some skits using the dialogues made by you.Perform it ( not on the stage ) with some of your friends at home.

10. :arrow: Make DICITONARY your best friend.Means that whenever and whereever you find any word or hear it from
someone , and you think you dont know the meaning , then you need to take your best friend's help.Its just a case of looking it up in your dictionary ( your best friend ).Practise these things more and more and that will definitely get you to the way of success in speaking english and with the perfection !

Hope this works out !!
Thanks a lot for those tips !! {-;
Never say never again
JadeJoddle

Post by JadeJoddle »

Students have a lot of misconceptions about learning languages which should be addressed.
One of the biggest is the 'absorb the language' idea that simply by living in an English-speaking country, you will learn the language and gradually improve. This doesn't work for everybody! Years can be wasted in attempting this.
One of the most important things for shy speakers is that they learn in a relaxed manner in which they feel comfortable speaking. Native speakers probably won't be able to help you here, as their English is often too complex. Learn with/alongside other beginners and very gradually build up your speaking confidence. If you are lucky, you will find a friend or teacher who can support your learning.
Grow your confidence and skill speaking English
https://jadejoddle.com/blog/
loungemen

Post by loungemen »

Thanks for a lot of tips guys!Just great information
Hi everyone!
I'm so happy to let you know that we have just created a new one awesome space for writing Essays and other Papers! To know more just check it up. Here it is, my friends, https://writingapaper.net
TellClass
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by TellClass »

Here are 10 English Speaking Practice Exercises you can do by yourself.

:ok: 1. Practice speaking English alone

You don’t need any other people to speak English with all the time. It is so important to be able to speak English alone. It will give you the opportunity to improve your skills without all the distractions of having someone else respond to or react to what you are saying.

You can practice speaking English alone with the following example dialogue:

Today I will go to work. First I will eat breakfast. Then, I will take a shower. I will then get dressed and get ready for work. Later today, I must buy some food.

Describe what you are doing right now. It doesn’t matter if you are at home, at work at the grocery store, just speak softly to yourself as you are doing it. This way, you are learning and practising speaking English in context.

:ok: 2. Shadowing English exercises

What is Shadowing? To shadow someone to learn a language means to observe them in their environment doing the things they normally do. In other words, when you shadow someone you are learning how to speak the language by observing how they speak it.

Shadowing is the best way to learn how to speak a language quickly. It is a great way to make sure you are using the correct pronunciation and the correct grammar. By using shadowing, you will be surprised how much you will pick up even if you are just watching and not talking yourself. It is a little like “muscle memory” except that you are memorizing the right words and the right pronunciations instead of the movements you need to perform a certain task.

Example of shadowing:

Watch an easy English TV series or a YouTube video. Listen to a sentence, stop the video, then try to repeat what they said exactly. You may need to repeat the same sentence a few times to get the same pronunciation.

:ok: 3. Listen and record yourself

This is the best way to improve your listening skills. By listening to yourself speaking and then comparing the recording with what you heard, you will be able to hear and identify problems instantly. You should do this daily also. You can also record yourself speaking some sentences or dialogues you learned, or by reading English articles, you will be immersed in the language without even realizing it.

:ok: 4. Learning English with songs

Memorizing your favourite English songs will help you improve your English by simply hearing the language. This is an excellent way to improve your listening skills also. The words and the music of the songs will become embedded in your mind. You should also listen to songs you don’t like. Why? Simply because it will toughen up your ear and make it more sensitive to the language. Find the English lyrics (words to the song) and then start singing along with the music. Remember, learn the correct words, don’t guess the words they are singing, just in case you misheard a few words, that’s why I suggest first learning the song with the lyrics. I like classic rock-type music like “The Beach Boys”, “Aerosmith”, “Jon Bon Jovi”.

:ok: 5. English speaking practice with yourself in the mirror

Yes. You read that right. Don’t worry, no one will judge you and think that you are crazy. Practicing your English speaking in the mirror helps you become more confident in speaking. If you do this often enough, you will soon find it easier to speak English naturally even when you are not practicing.

:ok: 6. Use Flashcards

Yes, I know they are supposed to be used for cramming or studying for tests but that is NOT how I use them. When I use flashcards, I use them as an aide to improve my speaking and listening skills. I make a bunch of them up (one for each day of the week) and then I put a different English word or group of English words on each one. Then, I start practising speaking about what is on the flashcards.

:ok: 7. Practice speaking with audio messages or voice notes

Most of the time, when we are talking with our friends and family using Whatsapp, Facebook, WeChat or any other social media account, we type our message. To help you practice your English speaking, try sending voice notes or audio messages. This will force you to speak more than just write. It will also force you to pay attention to your pronunciation and to use proper English. It will also improve your listening skills because now you will have to pay attention to what people are saying instead of just reading what they say to you.

Send your voice notes or audio messages to yourself and then respond to them. This way, you will be forced to speak, listen, read, type, and then speak again. All of this combined will improve your speaking skills tremendously. You can use your voice recorder app on your phone as well for this exercise.

:ok: 8.Speaking with reading

A great English speaking practice is by reading English aloud. You can do this by messages from friends, reading social media posts, reading emails at work, as long as you are reading it out loud so that you can hear it. You can practise your English speaking a lot when it comes to reading.

:ok: 9. Learn Popular English Phrases

The benefit of learning popular English phrases is because it helps you be more understandable and relatable to your friends and family who may not be as advanced in their English language skills as you. Plus, knowing these phrases will also help you when you travel because you will have something useful to say.

If you learn just 10 or 20 of the most common English phrases, it will make your conversations much more interesting and enjoyable. Don’t just learn English phrases, but practice speaking them.

:ok: 10. Surround yourself with English

The more English you are exposed to, the faster you will grow your English skills.

Make a list of all the places where you use your own language: TV, Computer, Phone.

Now, make a list of where you use English. See if you can increase the places where you surround yourself with English. One way you could do this is by changing your computer or phone settings into English, so every time you use your phone or computer, you will see English buttons. You could also change your T.V. channel to an English channel, or maybe you could talk with your friends and family members in English instead of your first language (if they understand English). Listen to English songs, watch English movies and series. Completely surrounding yourself with English every day. That’s right, every day!

:ok: 11. Practice speaking English with a native English speaker

Even though this article was about how to practising English yourself, practising English with a native speaker will help you achieve your English speaking goals a lot faster. Sometimes it’s hard to find someone to practice speaking with, so I recommend you find a native English speaking tutor on www.tellclass.com.

Final advice: There is a famous English idiom, “Practice Makes Perfect”. It means, the more you practice, the more perfect you will become at that skill. So, keep practicing, and you will soon become fluent. {-:
TellClass Online English Tutors
Improve Your English Speaking Skills! Practice with qualified English tutors from around the world.
✅ 1-TO-1 Private Lessons
✅ Flexible Bookings.

Book a 10-minute trial lesson here: https://www.tellclass.com.
magnussilla

Post by magnussilla »

Thanks for these great tips!
Mr Greg
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Mr Greg »

Immerse yourself with the language.

With my students, I always recommend having a fixated time of the day in which you only speak English. For example, in the afternoons, can only use English to navigate through your day.
mosamaasghar

Post by mosamaasghar »

I really like the 4 steps of Pirate!
Moreover, Practicing speaking on your own can be challenging, but it's a great way to improve your skills and gain confidence.

Here are two additional tips that might be helpful for improving your speaking:

Find a conversation partner: While it's great to practice speaking on your own, it's also important to practice speaking with others. If you have a friend, family member, or language exchange partner who speaks your target language, try to schedule regular conversations with them. This will give you the opportunity to practice your speaking in a more natural, interactive setting.

Use video recordings: In addition to audio recordings, video recordings can be a helpful tool for improving your speaking. Record yourself giving a presentation or having a conversation, and then watch the recording to identify areas where you can improve. Pay attention to your body language, facial expressions, and tone of voice, in addition to your language use. This will help you become a more well-rounded and effective communicator.
homievk

Post by homievk »

Hi. Have you ever heard of the Dr. Pimsleur's method? Can speech recognition programs help to master English? What do you think of it?
antonios

Post by antonios »

Indeed, as a big fan of AI-driven language learning, I find services that utilize speech recognition like Smalltalk2.me or Eslaspeak to be incredibly valuable tools for mastering English. They not only help to enhance your pronunciation and comprehension but also provide personalized feedback and employ real-time interaction to guide your language learning journey.
homievk

Post by homievk »

antonios wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:25 pm Indeed, as a big fan of AI-driven language learning, I find services that utilize speech recognition.
I saw the websites you posted. The method looks very intrigue. Could you tell us more about studying process? How much did it cost for you? Did AI speak in voice with you? Was AI a good teach? Was it wrong sometimes? Do students still need lessons with a teacher to polish their pronunciation a little after lessons with AI? What do you think of it?
I wanted to code something like this. It would be good to have a conversational AI with which you can practice any time and book 3-4 lessons with a teacher for a small correction in the end.
Last edited by homievk on Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:27 am, edited 4 times in total.
eakshundor

Post by eakshundor »

Here are 10 tips for how to learn English quickly:

1. Read everything you can get your hands on.
2. Actively take note of new vocabulary.
3. Talk with real live humans.
4. Subscribe to podcasts or Youtube channels (in English).
5. Go abroad like ( New Zealand, the UK, the US, Canada, and South Africa)
6. Use your friends
7. Ask a lot of questions.
8. Take a lead from the stars.
9. Start with what you really need.
10. Don’t kick yourself while you’re down
Jorundor

Post by Jorundor »

Pirate wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:42 pm My Australian teacher of English gave me a way to practise speaking at home, alone and I think it is important because Speaking is the skill that we find most difficult to self-practise.

1- Get a recorder.
2- Prepare a presentation on any topic u like.
3- Record your speaking.
4- Listen to it again and again.
You will find out your mistakes and weak points.
(You will find your voice very cute :mrgreen: )
5- Do the 4 steps above whenever you have time.
Does your speaking get better? :wink:
Even though this is an old topic, these tips will always be relevant