Post by azoozi »

Hello everybody ,

My listening skill is so bad :shock: , and i get bad marks in an exams :cry:
But when i start do practise .

SO, PLEASE GIVE ME GOOD SOLUTIONS ". :idea:
amalia

Re:

Post by amalia »

justinlan wrote:but how to improve listening efficiently :?
what you have said is similar with what I have faced last time, dealing with that problem, I try to look for the solution from my teacher or my senior, but it does not work at all, then I try to change the concept of my thought related with listening, listening is not difficult, it is easy when I want to learn it, to the point, here are some technique how to improve your listening based on my experience :
1. Change your mindset that listening is difficult, it is totally easy
2. Start to listen simple English song and try to follow it, it is also possible for you to guess the contain of the songs, then check it by searching the lyrics
3. Do you like watching movie? it can help you, just look for the movie that has the subtitles on it, while you practice to listen you also add your vocabulary competence here.
in the following time, when you are ready just watch the movie that does not provides the subtitle
4. If you have smartphone, you can download listening application or game based on you willingness
ya that's all my tips, hopefully it will help you someday
amalia

Re: Tips for Listening

Post by amalia »

if you have smartphone, you can use this by downloading listening application.you can deal with it wherever and whenever you want, it will be a flexible tool for you and surely It will help you to improve your listening skill.
ritzkevin

Post by ritzkevin »

I'm an English tutor teaching English online through Skype. One of the tips that I usually give to my students when it comes to listening is to get rid of distractions while listening (internal and external). The internal distractions are easier to manage by the person himself.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
CoachAndrea

Post by CoachAndrea »

Hi! Here are a few tips to improve your English listening!

http://englishretreats.ca/english-learn ... e-context/
www.englishretreats.ca
Real English in a Real Setting
CharnaySeba

Post by CharnaySeba »

I would like to see more tips to improve listening, just keep them coming. :mrgreen:
ellajames

Post by ellajames »

my listening power is very week but i follow your tips so i hope all is well.
i am online worker and now i am workig for my new website NetworthBox.http://networthbox.com/
Kitsich

Post by Kitsich »

CoachAndrea wrote:Hi! Here are a few tips to improve your English listening!
Very helpful and practical. Thanks for sharing.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." - Quotes On Moving On
RachRam

Post by RachRam »

Hello there,
Hope you are doing well. I highly recommend this application in case you are trying to improve your listening! The application uses a text to speech algorithm which helps you to listen to everything and hence even improving your pronunciations. Download now:
Listen'em-Play News on the go! - Android Apps on Google Play
Listen 'em on the App Store
Get the benefit of:
1. Improving your listening
2. Stay updated with the latest news
3. Stay tuned to the Vocabulary channel
4. Listen anytime, anywhere
5. Download while you are connected to the internet and listen at a later time.
Note: Best to download the application while you are connected to the wifi , as it takes time for the initial download of the application.
Reetagms

Re:

Post by Reetagms »

passionatelo wrote:Hi friends,

To me listening skill is extremely difficult. And I think that hard-working is still the solution. But I wonder of the method to practise listening skill efficiently. There are two people who told me two tips.
:roll: One said that I haven't to read the paragraph in textbook before listening, I have to try to listen and from obtained words I'll guess the whole meaning of the sentence.

:roll: The other said to me that I should read the text before or together with listening because there're usually some new words in the paragraph what make listening skill to be difficult.

So which method is better, which method should I choose? Or should I combine two methods? :?:

Thank you so much!
try second method for start up note and then apply second method it makes sense.
ahmedmorocco

Re:

Post by ahmedmorocco »

justinlan wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:54 am but how to improve listening efficiently :?
Simply, you listen a native speaker

tv News, movies, song etc
Impossible is Nothing
BloomingMarvelous

Post by BloomingMarvelous »

There are some fun suggestions and tips on this blog post on how to improve your listening skills! through pdocasts.

There are also links to podcasts to save time searching :-D
Eulalia

Post by Eulalia »

I fully support a listening podcasts idea! Also, I think that youtube channels work perfectly because this content isn’t boring and too much official. Studying physics in college I prefer to watch highly specialized channels like Flipping Physics. I learn English in this way and it helps to complete my homework assignments so, I can kill two birds with one stone :-)
I use homework tips from this academic blog https://assignment.essayshark.com/physics-help Assignment.Essayshark is my quick fix
justoneplay

Post by justoneplay »

Hi!
About listening, it works perfectly for me "shadowing”, there are many videos on YouTube, also I have CDs in my car and while I am driving to work I listen and shadow the listening.
Also reading aloud has worked for me, speaking in front of a mirror also is a good technique. What is difficult for me are the “collocations”, as I am not living in an English speaking country.
Repetitions are excellent too, you listen, and pause the video and repeat what the person said, try to imitate all sounds…there is this internet site: VOA Special English….excellent.
Well Good luck!
"Education is not the learning of facts,but the training of the mind to think."
Albert Einstein
Emissilem

Post by Emissilem »

Thank you for these tips these all are very helpful
DFJames

Post by DFJames »

Hello justoneplay:

I have collected some useful information on my website which explains how to "learn English with your ears". There are links to free resources such as the BBC, TED.com and others and a number of other suggestions on how to use the audio/visual link when learning English.
Here's the page:
https://davidfjames.com/how-to-learn-english/

David F. James
Get my FREE Vocabulary Builder course here:
https://davidfjames.thinkific.com
LasithaNipun

Post by LasithaNipun »

Hey,

you can improve you listening skils waching songs Lyrics. I will add few samples.

Enjoy Bad Guy - Billie Eilish with Lyrics [youtube]https://youtu.be/cLVlldX5G8g[/youtube]

Enjoy Ed Sheeran Beautiful People feat Khalid Lyrics [youtube]https://youtu.be/9iPEgGO6_Wc[/youtube]

Enjoy Post Malone Goodbyes ft Young Thug Rated PG Lyrics [youtube]https://youtu.be/4Bmzhd_tQfg[/youtube]

Thanks. {-:
Improve Your English Reading, Listening, Speaking skills and collect new Vocabulary with songs Lyrics. Follow
LasithaNipun

Post by LasithaNipun »

Enjoy Post Malone wow Lyrics

Said she tired of lil' money, need a big boy
Pull up twenty inch blades like I'm Lil' Troy
Now it's everybody flockin', need a decoy
Shawty mixin' up the vodka with the LaCroix, yeah
G-wagen, G-Wagen, G-Wagen, G-Wagen
All the housewives pullin' up (up, up, up)

Listening -[youtube]https://youtu.be/6byQoJ6PKxM[/youtube]
Improve Your English Reading, Listening, Speaking skills and collect new Vocabulary with songs Lyrics. Follow
EngWithBry

Post by EngWithBry »

Listening has greatly helped me to learn new languages. {-:

Here are my tips For Learning English!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_1MFilftYM&t=1s

Did I miss anything?
KyLogan

Post by KyLogan »

I've been a good listener for most of my life and have observed the behaviors of non-listeners and unsettled listeners. A few common things are the inquisitive/impatient/volatile/excited nature of a person that makes them disrupt a conversation. Another nature or habit of non-listeners could be a feeling of superiority/dogma/narcissism/condescendence that the speaker is wrong/not worthy of listening. Controlling and understanding one's mental setup and nature is very important. A good mental state and a calm mind are important for effective listening. So one can meditate, remain silent for long hours, or perform breathing exercises to help improve concentration and relax the mind. And in practice, certain ethics have to be developed. The speaker has to be allowed to place all the points, the listener will have to mentally collate and remember the sticking issues to bring it up only when the speaker has completed.
etbandung

Post by etbandung »

to be able fully describe the word from listening is learning more new words and slang then you will understand in no time
Kursus Privat Bahasa Inggris untuk profesional di bandung
Ellen Wooo

Post by Ellen Wooo »

Just practice practice practice
Better Job, Better Education, Better World. Teaching job in China
AndreyR

Post by AndreyR »

Tell me, is it available in pdf form?
mostafaemami

Post by mostafaemami »

hello everyone
I've been using a technique for improving listening that it worked perfectly that I'd like to share with you here:
I recently read an article in a English teaching website called Linguich.ir and it was in my native language. It was the best technique I've ever tried till now.
It said that you have to use a method for watching movies and Tv series and every time that you are enjoying a movie you are also learning English effectively.
the method: first of all you have to divide each movie into several parts. then for each part you have to follow three following steps.
Step 1: watch the first part using English subtitle and read the caption alongside with looking to the screen and listening to the dialogues.
Step two: Turn off the subtitle and just look at the screen and listen to the dialogues (it's recommended using Shadowing technique in this part)
Step three: This time just listen to the dialogues and don't watch it.
It worked perfectly for me
steveg

Post by steveg »

Hi, everyone.

I recently started a YouTube channel called "Ear for English." It is devoted exclusively to listening/dictation practice and will ultimately feature the 2,500 most common words in English. The sentences start short (just two words) and get progressively longer until they reach eight words. All tenses are covered, as well as negative statements, imperatives, and questions. The channel also offers practice listening to numbers and words being spelled. New content is added almost daily, and I plan to eventually add a section on dialects (Brooklyn, London, Australia, Texas, etc.).

Here's the link to the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKZ1h ... e_54QguWSw

I'm always open for suggestions, so leave a comment if there's a certain kind of content you'd like to see in the future.

Thanks for your time, and don't forget to subscribe to the channel!

Steve
Maya maya

Post by Maya maya »

Listening to English and American songs is one of the best ways to improve your listening skills. Begin with Madonnasongs. Their songs are simple enough for English beginners to grasp.
I am working at https://jobifyinc.com » Connects ESL/TEFL talent to our vetted employers worldwide with our innovative, easy-to-use job board.
KateMarion

Post by KateMarion »

For me personally, the best way to improve listening skills is to watch podcasts in English on YouTube, where you can slow down the video playback, which allows you to better understand what's being said. And, of course, the most important thing is regular practice.
Chhoww

Post by Chhoww »

In 2015 I watched a lot of English youtube, like Zoella and her friends. It helped me to at least get used to the sound and pronunciation of the words, because I used to think that real people don’t speak like that :) Her brother has good videos where he tries to speak English with different accents, and it’s very educational
rennykind

Post by rennykind »

KateMarion wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:36 am For me personally, the best way to improve listening skills is to watch podcasts in English on YouTube, where you can slow down the video playback, which allows you to better understand what's being said. And, of course, the most important thing is regular practice.
I totally agree with you. I try to listen different songs every day. First I do it with subtitles
allcode

Post by allcode »

rennykind wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 am
KateMarion wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:36 am For me personally, the best way to improve listening skills is to watch podcasts in English on YouTube, where you can slow down the video playback, which allows you to better understand what's being said. And, of course, the most important thing is regular practice.
I totally agree with you. I try to listen different songs every day. First I do it with subtitles
Yeah, so do I
Ainesh

Post by Ainesh »

These are my scores for the Listening Quiz 1 + Conversational Phrases

1st try

score : 60%

Correct answers:

1. Not at all

2. Up to you

3. Yes! That's it!

4. I'm afraid not

5. Nothing much 6. Yes please

7. No such luck

8. Cross my heart 9. Sure. No problem

10. Sorry, no idea

2nd try

Score : 100%

Correct answers:

1. Not at all

2. Up to you 3. Yes! That's it!

4. I'm afraid not

5. Nothing much 6. Yes please

7. No such luck

8. Cross my heart

9. Sure. No problem 10. Sorry, no idea.
Ainesh

Post by Ainesh »

Wow Steveg I didn't now you were In a YouTube Channel
Ainesh

Post by Ainesh »

Yeah that's a great saying I think I would like to do everything at once not last and less
Ainesh

Post by Ainesh »

I've got some funny practice on one link below

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... oBc3X1kzVu
Ainesh

Post by Ainesh »

Here's my half funny advice

Listen Blitzon Bl bl blossom we are listeners blossomers Listen listen Liisten bababa bum-is-zo bum-is-zo bu--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz till we sleep we are listeners blossomers flowers come till we slap our bum ba Dron plp plp plp Oh this listen practice listen helps us learn listen helps us listen to people pa pa pa gt your papa I'm a listener your a listener everyone's a listener.

By Me