learning English tips

Ideas and advice from EC members on best ways to learn English

Moderator: EC

himberly

learning English tips

Post by himberly »

My native language is French, the past few years ago I studied Chinese in Hanbridge Mandarin, my English is very poor,I want to learn English now, but I do not know how to more quickly master learning tips.Do you tell me the answer,
ritzkevin

Re: learning English tips

Post by ritzkevin »

Hi, Himberly!

I'm an English teacher. I can help you improve your English.
Ritz Kevin

Online English teacher/language trainer

Do you want to improve your English or Filipino? I can help. FREE trial

Skype id: housedog1983

Watch my YouTube video: https://youtu.be/iUDpoMJcdso
stuart

Post by stuart »

Listening,you must listen to that story with full attention . And then you will find the questions easy.

All the best, Hope you do well.
casualpact

Post by casualpact »

There are lots of different ways to improve your English. A good teacher and strong motivation are for starters!

I like to supplement my learning with additional activities. I am really big on grammarlings at the moment, it helps my brain think more 'like a native'.
http://www.learngrammarlings.com

Although in the beginning of my English learning experience, I used a lot of audio courses. Pimsleur had a good one for Russian speakers.
CoachAndrea

Post by CoachAndrea »

Here is some advice for you to help you improve your English!

http://englishretreats.ca/learning-by-doing/

Thank you!

Andrea
English Coach/Trainer
www.englishretreats.ca
Real English in a Real Setting
Thunguyen

Post by Thunguyen »

In my opinion, when you learn new words, you should the words and examples, then create your own examples. Also, use the words in everyday life, i.e. to think in English, so that you can remember and use them fluently. Talking to your self is one of the best way to learn foreign languages. At first, you may find this is ridiculous, however, you will soo get used to it! Otherwise, if you don't use your vocabs frequently, they may soon become dead words.
That's how I learn English
StevenMorris

Post by StevenMorris »

Whether you are a foreign student or a native speaker, English skills can always be improved. There are many tried and true tips for learning English. These are five English tips that are often taught to the foreign language speakers coming into English. These tips not only help learn English, but they are also tips on improving English skills.

1. Listen as much as you can - Listening to conversations in English is one of the most effective ways to build your vocabulary and speaking skills.

2. Read a book, newspaper or journal in English that is just above your current level of reading with a dictionary. This will help to learn new vocabulary words in a fun way. This is also a great tip for improving English in a technical field. Even by spending a mere 15 minutes a day, your skills can improve drastically.

3. Practice English with a partner - Study partners can help each other understand different topics, talk through questions, and practice English skills.

4. Listen to speeches or watch movies or documentaries in areas you aren't familiar with are fun tips on improving English. This activity will help improve listening and vocabulary at the same time. At first you can use subtitles, then turn the subtitles off when the listening part of this activity becomes easier.

5. Keeping a diary allows you to utilize all of your English skills that you've been practicing with reading, listening and grammar. As a bonus, you can go back over your entries and grade yourself, noting where you can improve more. This is one of the greatest tips on improving English at any stage of learning the language.

Learning English is hard, but with these tips on learning English, you will get better.
Blooms

Post by Blooms »

Hi, here are 3 top tips for for learning English:
1. Use english as much as possible outside ' the clasroom'.
2. Read, watch and listen to english media - it will be interesting and you will pick up common expressions at the same time!
3. Use apps - perhaps down load english games such as scrabble! or set up a whatsapp page with your friends and only speak english on it!

Code: Select all

http://www.bloomsbury-international.com/en/
davidmikky

Post by davidmikky »

My native language is French, the past few years ago I studied Chinese in Hanbridge Mandarin, my English is very poor,I want to learn English now, but I do not know how to more quickly master learning tips.Do you tell me the answer,
malik66
leopardo

Post by leopardo »

I know that your native language is French, but I have an app in my tablet ( that it can be used with android or IO's), that is perfect for learning, its name is Duolingo.
In it you can find many ways to learn a lot of languages, like English. It makes you exercises, but they're not boring. I like playing with the app, because I have fun and i have a good time with it, and also I learn!
I like brushing up my English with this app it’s pretty funny and not very difficult, but I hope that me and lot of people like you, will learn a lot with this beautiful application.
leopardo

Post by leopardo »

Hi Himberly!
I know that your native language is French, and they are many ways to improve your English, going to particular classes, in the school etc. If you like mobile phones or tablets, I have one app for android an IO’s that is perfect for learning languages, its name is Duolingo.
In it you can find many ways to learn a lot of idioms, like English. It makes you exercises, but they're not boring. I like playing with the app, because I have fun with it, and also I learn!
I like brushing up my English with this app it’s pretty funny and not very difficult, but I hope that me and lot of people like you, will learn a lot with this beautiful application. I like having a good time with the app!

Have a nice day
sanjaySinha

Post by sanjaySinha »

Hello,
Learning English is not difficult. Just set of your mind to the English. Every time thought in English and try to speak in English.
There are face to you some problems with speech but don't worry you will speak English well as time and with practice. Try to speak in front of the mirror for increasing your confidence. Find the vocabulary words more to more and try to use it in your speaking.
There are so many sites and apps for learning English. I have also a link to a website which is best for the learn English in Hindi from the basics and there are update new content and blogs day by day. You can visit here: https://www.englishsikho.com/
Or direct go to EnglishSikho.com and you can download English Sikho app from here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ho.android

Thanks
Sanjay Sinha
Teaching English from 5 years
https://www.englishsikho.com
ShrutiSane

Post by ShrutiSane »

Learning English is not that much difficult that we consider. It just a game of mindset. We just set our mind that we are not able to talk in English. To learn English most of the people join coaching it helps them to learn English easily and also develop their personality.
thanhloc

Post by thanhloc »

Hi,
I'm from Indonesia .I Introduce you to learn English with one of The 10 Best Google Chrome Extensions :http://bit.ly/2nObbOu
Translate words and phrases in a website with a double-click or shortcuts and save it to memorize in your new Tab
Bee Translate helps you easily and effortlessly translate from 103 languages, and show randomly word on your new tab page.

★ Display random word in the new tab page, helps you memorize them easily.

★ Double click a word, phase on the website or enter to popup to translate.

★ Search and manager wordbook.

SUPPORTED LANGUAGES:
Afrikaans - Afrikaans
Albanian - Shqip
Arabic - اللغة العربية
Armenian - հայեր
Azerbaijani - Azərbaycanca
Basque - Euskara
Belarusian - Беларуская
Bengali - বাংলা
Bosnian - Bosanski
Bulgarian - български език
Catalan - català
Cebuano - Sugboanon
Chichewa - Nyanja
Chinese Simplified - 达伟, 汉语
Chinese Traditional - 古文
Corsican - Corsu, Lingua corsa
Croatian - Hrvatski
Czech - Čeština
Danish - Dansk
Dutch - Nederlands
English - English
Esperanto - Esperanto
Estonian - Eesti
Filipino/Tagalog - Wikang Tagalog
Finnish - Suomi
French - Français
Frisian - Frysk
Galician - Galego
Georgian - ქართული
German - Deutsch
Greek - Ελληνικά
Gujarati - Taetae ni Kiribati
Haitian Creole - Kreyòl Ayisyen
Hausa - Yaren Hausa
Hawaiian - ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi
Hebrew - עברית
Hindi - हिन्दी
Hmong - Tiếng H’Mông
Hungarian - Magyar
Icelandic - Íslenska
Igbo - Asụsụ Igbo
Indonesian - Bahasa Indonesia
Irish - Gaeilge
Italian - Italiano
Japanese - 日本語
Javanese - Basa Jawi
Kannada - ಕನ್ನಡ
Kazakh - Қазақ тілі
Khmer - ភាសាខ្មែរ
Korean - 조선말, 한국어
Kurdish (Kurmanji)
Kyrgyz - кыргызча, قىرگىچه, qırğızça, кыргыз тили, قىرگىز تيلى, qırğız tili8
Lao - ພາສາລາວ
Latin - Latina
Latvian - Latviešu
Lithuanian - Lietuvių
Luxembourgish
Macedonian - Mакедонски
Malagasy - Malagasy
Malay - Bahasa Melayu
Malayalam - മലയാളം
Maltese - Malti
Maori - Te reo Māori
Marathi - मराठी
Mongolian - Mongɣol kele
Myanmar (Burmese) - myanma bhasa
Nepali - नेपाली भाषा
Norwegian - Norsk
Pashto - پښتو
Persian - فارسی
Polish - Język Polski
Portuguese - Português
Punjabi - ਪੰਜਾਬੀ
Romanian - Română
Russian - Русский
Samoan - Gagana fa'a Sāmoa
Scots Gaelic - Gàidhlig
Shona
Sindhi - सिन्धी / Sindhi khudabadi.svg / سنڌي
Serbian - Српски, Srpski
Sesotho - Sesotho
Sinhalese - සිංහල
Slovak - Slovenčina
Slovenian - Slovenščina
Somali - Af-Soomaali‎
Spanish - Español
Sundanese - basa Sunda
Swahili - Kiswahili
Swedish - Svensk
Tajik - тоҷикӣ
Tamil - தமிழ்
Telugu - తెలుగు
Thai - ภาษาไทย
Turkish - Türkçe
Ukrainian - Українська
Urdu - ہندوستانی
Uzbek - Oʻzbek tili
Vietnamese - Tiếng Việt
Welsh - Cymraeg
Xhosa - isiXhosa
Yiddish - ייִדיש
Yoruba - Yorùbá
Zulu - isiZulu
LinhTran

Post by LinhTran »

Hello there, in this blog, you can find some tips to increase your English reading skill:
https://ejoy-english.com/blog/improve-e ... ng-skills/
ghazaaliii

Post by ghazaaliii »

Hi! This is Ghazaal and I am an English Lover! I really like to share my knowledge, as so I started my Telegram channel to share some daily tips with whoever enjoys English like me! Join us and help me with your fantastic ideas RIGHT NOW!

https://t.me/EnglishEnglishbyghazaal
jonathanrace
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonathanrace »

Use English as much as possible. The more you use it, the faster you learn.
I can help you Learn English
jiyakhattak
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jiyakhattak »

:!!:
himberly wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:33 am My native language is French, the past few years ago I studied Chinese in Hanbridge Mandarin, my English is very poor,I want to learn English now, but I do not know how to more quickly master learning tips.Do you tell me the answer,
ambpickler

Post by ambpickler »

Hello! Good luck with your English. The most important thing is a lot of practice. Movies, TV shows, music, will help you with your pronunciation. You also need to spend time on grammar, vocabulary and reading. Most importantly, don't be afraid that it will be difficult.
Antonio D

Post by Antonio D »

Hello :) You can find many resources online that can help you and most of them are for free. For example, the most known are British Council Learn English, where you can find free video and audio resources for learners of all ages and at all levels, and BBC Learning English, which has lots of free resources, including courses at different levels as well as vocabulary, grammar and listening practice; I also suggest Books4Languages, which offers free textbooks of English grammar, vocabulary and orthography as well as some exercises; Easy world of english, which provides you with online courses of English grammar, pronunciation, reading; and finally Exam English, where you can find online tests to practice for most of the ESL English exams.
Reading a lot can also be useful, as well as watching movies in their original language and practicing speaking with other people, either native speakers or people that want to learn English like you. Live Mocha, Speaky and EnglishLD are examples of websites where people practice English together.
I hope you find this useful.
michaeledgetech

Post by michaeledgetech »

Use English often when speaking. Research has shown that regular communication in that language is helpful for persons learning any language. English-subtitled movies, TV shows, news, and interviews are examples of video material. It will aid in the improvement of your general English ability. In addition to reading books, periodicals, and newspapers, you should also listen to podcasts, music, interviews, and other media. It will improve both your listening and reading skills when taken together. Your vocabulary will also get better. Take proficiency tests, and finally: Test your English proficiency by taking one of the numerous exams and quizzes available while also studying grammar. Study various grammar rules and practice using them.