Ideas and advice from EC members on best ways to learn English

Moderator: EC

TellClass
Rising Star
Rising Star

War Vocabulary - Words You Need To Know

Post by TellClass »

Learn The 12 Best English War Vocabulary You Need to Know

I will teach you the most important and the most popular English War Vocabulary and example sentences to help you understand them.

Watch the lesson here: [youtube]https://youtu.be/hlQgFfuLf_g[/youtube] :ok:
TellClass Online English Tutors
Improve Your English Speaking Skills! Practice with qualified English tutors from around the world.
✅ 1-TO-1 Private Lessons
✅ Flexible Bookings.

Book a 10-minute trial lesson here: https://www.tellclass.com.
turcotte

Re: War Vocabulary - Words You Need To Know

Post by turcotte »

Nice. These are quite difficult vocabulary for me. They are especially strange, but help me understand interesting topics
alexmale

Post by alexmale »

Thanks for putting together this video overview of key English vocabulary related to war and military conflicts. Building knowledge of terms for weapons, battle aftermath, treaties etc. is valuable for understanding news stories and historical texts.The visual flashcard format you use works well alongside the verbal explanations and example sentences. Hearing the words in context and seeing them accentuates retention. Great pronunciation on terms some may find tricky like "attrition" or "reparations" too.I could see this being a helpful study aid both for English learners expanding their lexical scope and native speakers brushing up. Defining basics like "ally" and "neutral" alongside more advanced jargon makes it accessible across levels.Perhaps any follow-up videos could focus drilling common collocations and phrases using these terms. But this serves as a solid foundation and starting point for those looking to discuss wartime events linguistically. Nice effort making the peacekeeping vocabulary more peaceful to absorb!
alexmale

Post by alexmale »

Also I have a question. Will you cover more advanced terminology beyond basics in future lessons?
wilkinsonw

Post by wilkinsonw »

Very well done. Vocabulary like this is really challenging for me. They are particularly peculiar, but they enlighten me on fascinating subjects.