My freedom and happiness

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

RedRose

My freedom and happiness

Post by RedRose »

In past 34 years,I have gone through many affairs,of course and feelings,such as
pain,enjoyment,sadness,disappointment,rage,happiness,etc.For me,all these experiences are precious and valuable.But I now want to emphasize "Happiness".

About happiness,everyone has himself own individual comprehension.For me,happiness means freedom.In past many years,I have had few freedom,forribly,I was nearly used to such case...I went to a medical college to complete my college curriculum,just because my parents thought that learning medicine is better than one else,actually,I always like literature.

In my younger age(25~27),I didn't have the plan of getting married,but some invisible pressures,from society,parents,conventional customs,etc,compelled me to get married.When my marrige left only some form,no affection,many people demanded me to keep on maintaining it.I had to run aways from my hometown.

Now I live in a place where is far from my hometown,further,is a freer surrounding,so I eventually find out that I can decide whether to do something or not to do myself.ie,I enjoy so much freedom.That is great!Although my decisions aren't all correct,now and then, wrong and unfit,so I still made some mistakes,but these mistakes is mine,not others',so I can accept them agreeably.In fact,after leaving my hometown,I made more successes than I did in the past.

That is why I think freedom=happiness.
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Red Rose, even though I am younger than you, but I have the same feeling as you. Especially leave the hometown.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Congratulations, Rose. You finally managed to achieve your freedom. You had to struggle but eventually got it. And it's good you make mistakes, because you learn from them. We are proud of you, lady! :D
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

very interesting. i always wanted to run away, but dont know when i am gonna do it....

:)
English is my second language
ayie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ayie »

Living alone will sometimes be the means by which you will become more responsible in making your own decisions. It is normal that you fall in the first few steps you make on your own but when you get used to not depending on anyone for survival, you'll learn to survive on your own... and somehow your decisions will be shaped into the right ones leading you to a more fruitful and happy life... Congratulations on deciding to make that step! :D
cristina

freedom

Post by cristina »

Well done! Each time we let others to make a decission which affects us directly we are losing the opportunity of being ourselves. I have made a lot of mistakes but I don't regret of any of them.