school or career

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

school or career

Post by charlotte »

i just talked with my dad a few days ago. he opened up the topic of me going back to law school. i told him i'm not interested with it any more. i saw my dad's face, he seems disappointed. so now i'm a bit confused. should i go back to school just to please my dad or go on with my life?

honestly, i have the interest in going back to law school. the only problem is that i don't want to be a burden to my family. i don't want them to pay for my school fees especially the books which really cost a lot. all i want is to be of help to them. i could go and work at the same time but i doubt that my body and brain would allow me.

such profession requires lots of time and devotion. ten hours reading the books and a lot more. i even have to cut my lifestyle and that i'm not ready to surrender at the moment.

any advise?
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: school or career

Post by pinas »

charlotte wrote:i just talked with my dad a few days ago. he opened up the topic of me going back to law school. i told him i'm not interested with it any more. i saw my dad's face, he seems disappointed. so now i'm a bit confused. should i go back to school just to please my dad or go on with my life?

honestly, i have the interest in going back to law school. the only problem is that i don't want to be a burden to my family. i don't want them to pay for my school fees especially the books which really cost a lot. all i want is to be of help to them. i could go and work at the same time but i doubt that my body and brain would allow me.

such profession requires lots of time and devotion. ten hours reading the books and a lot more. i even have to cut my lifestyle and that i'm not ready to surrender at the moment.

any advise?
you know what you want right, you want to study law...then go for it..now that you're working, you can sacrifice a little bit and save for the rainy days...in that way, you would not ask for money when you go to school..you can have them pay for the tuition and if you can afford to buy the books, then pay for them...afterall, it's him who wants you to go back to law school...he won't ask you if he did not have the money..i'm sure you're rich charlotte...c'mon and make your mama proud!!!
goodluck!!!
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

thanks for the advise pinas. but you know 4 years of law school plus 1 year of review is not a joke. it also means a lot of money. i don'tthink i could earn that much and i can't wait that long. thanks for the advise. hope i'll get to know what to do soon. just wish me luck. thanks again.
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

charlotte wrote:thanks for the advise pinas. but you know 4 years of law school plus 1 year of review is not a joke. it also means a lot of money. i don'tthink i could earn that much and i can't wait that long. thanks for the advise. hope i'll get to know what to do soon. just wish me luck. thanks again.
hmm charlotte seems ur interested in law school, beside ur parents want to attened u in law school. since they dont have problem with that, u should happy move on with that.
about financial problem, i will suggest u ask for financial help from school, or if ur merit enough u can get scholarship. if it doesnt work with u, u can do a part time job and pay for the school.

here in US we have the same problem. a student has to put with lots of work. sometimes students work full time and does full time school. i am a part time worker and i know how hard it is to continue the both side. i am also dealing with the same issue with my parents. i never liked them to pay for my tution fee. so, i save up some money, and take few class and after wards i took more class some other semester. so, i am doing like this. sometimes it not bad to ask ur parents if u need financial help. i am still studying undergraduate schoo, but when i will be move to other university ,dont know how am gonna pay for it. but i didnt stop myself doing study and so on. i am moving on.

i have plan to ask my parents loan me some money so i can pay them off later. and everything will be perfect.
so, do whatever u wanna do, but dont hold urself back just for little issue.
i hope u the best...:)
English is my second language
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

gee, thanks lilian. i admire you for being brave. working full-time and studying as well is not a joke. yup, i'll go give it a shot :wink: wish you luck in all of your endeavors :wink:
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
neveragain

Post by neveragain »

I have the same opion with Lilian and Pinas. if you father want u to continue study at law school, it mean that he can afford the school fee. every parents want their childen to reach their desire . You know, in Vietnam ,there are many parent having to sell their house so that thier childen can go on studying university.
So,do what your father say,if not he will be very sad. You try to learn well, he will be happy and proud.
DO WHAT U WANT TO DO.
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

thanks a lot neveragain! :D
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

I wanted to go back to school & pursue a Masters Degree in business but I don't have enough time. I think it's better to choose school first to have a successful & better career.

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

bet you're right :D
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

charlotte wrote:bet you're right :D
so charlotte did u find ur answer....ur saying thank u and giving happy smile to us. but what do u think about urself now? what do u wanna do??

just wondering our advise was helpful to u or not......... :)
English is my second language
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

jonrey10 wrote:I wanted to go back to school & pursue a Masters Degree in business but I don't have enough time. I think it's better to choose school first to have a successful & better career.
are you sure.... i mean... i'm planning also like charlotte but i'm having doubts too.... my parents want me to pursue my course into masteral but i don't want to exert too much effort anymore. like doing thesis and everything.....
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

francine wrote:
jonrey10 wrote:I wanted to go back to school & pursue a Masters Degree in business but I don't have enough time. I think it's better to choose school first to have a successful & better career.
are you sure.... i mean... i'm planning also like charlotte but i'm having doubts too.... my parents want me to pursue my course into masteral but i don't want to exert too much effort anymore. like doing thesis and everything.....
i know!!!!
i've already told you that i wanted to go back to school as well but i don't want to go through the hassle of doing paperwork again...
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

pinas wrote:i know!!!!
i've already told you that i wanted to go back to school as well but i don't want to go through the hassle of doing paperwork again...
yah... i totally agree.... :wink:
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

well, i've already decided. i'm not gonna go to law school at the moment. i'm just gonna work and earn some money, by the time things get lighter for me and my family, that will be the only time i'll go back. the hell with my pride. :evil: if not, then that's ok. i've already talked with my taht about my plans. he told me that he will just support me on whatever is it that i want to do with my life. good thing he became understanding this time.
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d