jellybeans (author unknown)

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

jellybeans (author unknown)

Post by pinas »

this was posted by a friend in my friendster bulletin board, i actually reposted it there so my friends would get to read such good composition...it was composed in tagalog and i translated it into english...i'm sorry if you won't be able to understand it...i'm not a good translator, y'know...
so here you go....

Jellybeans is not really my favorite, not even one of my favorites...but when my roommate received a jar of jellybeans from her sister, I wondered how it tasted. One huge jar with around a thousand of them inside, and it comes in 49 flavors, too!!! I looked for the chocolate pudding flavored bean that is on the list. I took all the brown-colored ones but they did not taste like chocolate, not even close to that...there's coffee, plum, licorice, even rootbeer…except for chocolate. In the process of finding my chocolate jellybean, I took all the other 48 flavors for granted. And I came to realize that you are the elusive chocolate pudding flavored jellybean of my life. I got obsessed with all the brown-colored jellybeans. My roommate got to explore all kinds of flavors...and you know what??? There's bubblegum, piña colada, peanut butter, sizzling cinnamon and caramel popcorn. All of those flavors became her favorite. I never tasted those, I did not want any other color except brown. I was focused in finding my chocolate pudding flavored love.

Just like what I do to you, what I do for you...because of my longingness for you, I took other guys for granted. Not even knowing if there are really other guys around...I don't know. And I don't even seem to care. Well, there had been a few, but I did not want them..they are fine, but I did not like them...they are like the other 48 flavors...they don't seem to appeal to my tastebuds...because all I want is the brown one...my chocolate pudding...the reason why i tried to even taste jellybeans.

But you know what, my roommate got to taste what I was looking for. How lucky of her to find my chocolate pudding. She did not even look for that, but she found it. How come she was able to, and i wasn't? But she told me it sucked, it tasted so ordinary...unlike her favorite jellybean flavors. She made me taste toasted marshmallow and strawberry
cheesecake...yeah, I had to admit that it tasted fine. But...I still don't want to give up in finding my chocolate pudding. Isn't life really like that? We always long for things we can never have. Sad but true.

I finally found my chocolate pudding, I screamed in excitement. At last, I got what I wanted. I was so disappointed to find out that it wasn't that good. So plain, so ordinary. It tasted like your usual soft chocolate. But then, the feeling is good, knowing that I did everything to find that one...after tasting those licorice and rootbeer flavors that really suck.

I haven't tasted all 49 flavors yet. the jar is already half empty, but I still look for the brown ones when I open it. I'm still fixated on the brown beans, even if the pink, violet and blue ones are more appealing to my sight. More often than not, I get to pick a different color but if luck comes to me, I still get the brown one.

I know..it is not worth it. You are not that worthy of my attention. You are just an ordinary guy. There are lotsa guys out there who are better than you...you are not the best guy in town, you are not the best jellybean in the jar. There are even blueberries, cotton candies or stawberry daiquiris out there that I don't give much attention to. They are good, I know. They are better...I should know. But why...why do i keep on looking for you, my brown jellybean? Why does my tongue keep longing for my chocolate pudding? Why is that even if i am pretty much aware that there are lotsa great guys out there, you are still the one that I long for?

Oh well...I guess I just got used to it...got used to finding you, longing for you, loving you...
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
nympho-holic

Post by nympho-holic »

One interesting story. It's really profound. I don't know how it is in your language but I think you have done a good job translating it.
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: jellybeans (author unknown)

Post by francine »

pinas wrote:I know..it is not worth it. You are not that worthy of my attention. You are just an ordinary guy. There are lotsa guys out there who are better than you...you are not the best guy in town, you are not the best jellybean in the jar. There are even blueberries, cotton candies or stawberry daiquiris out there that I don't give much attention to. They are good, I know. They are better...I should know. But why...why do i keep on looking for you, my brown jellybean? Why does my tongue keep longing for my chocolate pudding? Why is that even if i am pretty much aware that there are lotsa great guys out there, you are still the one that I long for?

Oh well...I guess I just got used to it...got used to finding you, longing for you, loving you...
that's what you call 'blinded by love'.. nah... or was it stupidity?
well, that's part of our everyday life..... to be stupid sometimes... :wink: i remember one day, i was talking to myself and suddenly i said... 'why am i born stupid?'.... :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

francine wrote: i remember one day, i was talking to myself and suddenly i said... 'why am i born stupid?'.... :wink:
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

Dixie wrote:
francine wrote: i remember one day, i was talking to myself and suddenly i said... 'why am i born stupid?'.... :wink:
there you go again with your 'x'. know what? i'm really clueless...
what does it mean?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

What x, Francine?
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

Dixie wrote:What x, Francine?
the x spot.
oh! jonrey said that it's an image. unfortunately, my pc can't read it so it came up as an 'x' in a box.

hhhhhmmmmm... i see. :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yes, it's a laughing smiley.

pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

hahaha..i see a smiley...
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

nympho-holic wrote:One interesting story. It's really profound. I don't know how it is in your language but I think you have done a good <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=56">job</a> translating it.
wow, thanks...i never thought someone could understand it...
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

Dixie wrote:Yes, it's a laughing smiley.

there you go!! now, i see one!!! yehey.... :D
pinas wrote:
hahaha..i see a smiley...
:evil: :evil: :evil:
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

wakakakakakaka :twisted: