What is Love ?

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Waqar Javed

What is Love ?

Post by Waqar Javed »

What is Love? …

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives. It's better to lose your pride to the one you love, than to lose the one you love because of pride. Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you. What do you do when the only person that can stop you crying, is the person that made you cry?

It hurts to love someone and not to be loved in return but what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally do meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.

We spend so much time looking for the right person to love or finding fault with those we already love, when instead, we should be perfecting the love we give. Some thoughts are better left unsaid, some feelings are better left kept to yourself, but love has its way of expressing itself despite the silence

When you truly care for someone, you don't look for faults... you don't look for answers, you don't look for mistakes. Instead, you fight the mistakes, you accept the faults, and you overlook excuses. The measure of love is when you love without measure. In life, there are very rare chances that you'll meet the person you love and who loves you in return. So once you have it, don't ever let go. The chance might never come your way again.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect love in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts; but if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

You cannot finish a book without closing its chapters. If you want to go on, then you have to leave your past as you turn the pages of life. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

Never say goodbye when you still want to try - never give up when you still feel you can take it - never say you don't love that person anymore when you don't really want to let go. The brightest future will always be based on forgotten past. You can't get on well in life until you let go of your past failures and headaches. Everything is ok in the end; if it's not ok it's not the end.[b]

visit me at:- http://www.meetwaqar.tk
waqarjaved@msn.com[code][/code][img][/img]
I can't change the direction of the wind but I can adjust my sails to my destinations.
pooh_bear
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pooh_bear »

well, don't know what to say...it's soooooooo beautiful and it's really true. :wink:
Waqar Javed

Post by Waqar Javed »

Thanks for your appreciation and compliments on my effort. It encourages me alot..
I can't change the direction of the wind but I can adjust my sails to my destinations.
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

:D well I like it too, I can feel every written word.
well, I can feel you fall in love too?
What do say dear?

Salam
Chemist
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Beautiful!!! :)
Waqar Javed

Post by Waqar Javed »

Thanks for liking it. Your comments really helps me to improve more. Actually I am not in love with someone but my many friends. I am the person who tries to observe the things. That is why I wrote it.
sonjack

Post by sonjack »

Hi to you with all my admiration and consideration.
Your job is really no comment it's perfect and very simple.Just by reading it you feel every single word,the effect,necessity to apply it and think that way.But again i have to admit we cannot get rid of our pide that spoil our lifetime most of the time.May be this is the evil part of human being.Thanks a lot for sharing those kind of brainers.You're among those those people who can make the world a safer place and full of love.
From sonjack.
God bless you!
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

Love starts with a smile,grows with kisses and ends with tears. :wink:

_Arale_
Waqar Javed

Thanks

Post by Waqar Javed »

Hi,
Thanks for your encouragement. Your comments will really help me to improve more. But I will like it more when others try to learn something from it; if they think it’s true. I think relationships--of all kinds--are like sand held in our hand. Held loosely, with an open hand, the sand remains where it is. The minute we close our hand and squeeze tightly to hold on, the sand trickles through our fingers. We may hold onto some of it, but most will be spilled. A relationship is like that. Held loosely, with respect and freedom for the other person, it is likely to remain intact. But hold too tightly, too possessively, and the relationship slips away and is lost.
We can make this world a happier place but for this we have to change ourselves first. We have the choice to be one of two types of people, one who brings happiness whenever he comes or one who brings happiness whenever he goes….
Waqar Javed

hi to everyone

Post by Waqar Javed »

Many of my friends asked me in my personal email id that what are the points which person should remind before starting such kind of thing. I don’t know much but I can say never accept love if you can't give yourself in return; Never start a relationship you know you'll want to end eventually. Don't go for looks, it can deceive; Don't go for wealth - even that fades away; Go for someone who makes you smile because only a smile makes a dark day seem bright. When you truly care for someone, you don't look for faults... you don't look for answers... you don't look for mistakes; Instead, you fight the mistakes, you accept the faults, and you overlook excuses
Love comes to those who still hope even though they've been disappointed; to those who still believe even though they've been betrayed; to those who still need love even though they've been hurt before. When you truly care for someone, you don't look for faults... you don't look for answers... you don't look for mistakes; Instead, you fight the mistakes, you accept the faults, and you overlook excuses.
Lizzy

Post by Lizzy »

Thanks for writing this beautiful essay Waqar Javed! You know, I'm feeling like falling out with my relationship and thinking of a change. Sometimes saying goodbye appears in my mind. However, I just don't really want to let go. I was really confused until I read you eassy. It encouraged me to continue on my way. Thanks again, dear.
Waqar Javed

Post by Waqar Javed »

Hi,
Thanks for liking this essay. No need to say goodbye and never be depressed from initial failures. Don’t hurry don’t worry try to do your best and the things will come on your way. If you need any kind of help, feel free to tell me. My prayers are with you and please tell me the result after that.
Good luck
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: What is Love ?

Post by Lilian »

Waqar Javed wrote:What is Love? ?

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives. It's better to lose your pride to the one you love, than to lose the one you love because of pride. Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you. What do you do when the only person that can stop you crying, is the person that made you cry?
--------------------

~~i got confused when u asked this question. same time u said love the perosn until u get hurts. and u said what would u do when someone made u smile and cry at the same time...

i guess when a person make u smile and cry same time, he/she care about u most. am i right?~~

------------------------

It hurts to love someone and not to be loved in return but what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let that person know how you feel. Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally do meet the right person, we will know how to be grateful for that gift.
---------------------------

this is very true, when we can not show or tell the person u love so much, hurts a lot. but love is only gained when we can pass the hardest time. recently i have thought the same thing "God want us to meet some wrong people before we find the real one " but at the same time one ques arise in me that, when u think a right person is infront of u but she/he belongs to others....
do u think God is trying to tell she/he still not the right one for u.....

We spend so much time looking for the right person to love or finding fault with those we already love, when instead, we should be perfecting the love we give. Some thoughts are better left unsaid, some feelings are better left kept to yourself, but love has its way of expressing itself despite the silence

-------------------------------------

When you truly care for someone, you don't look for faults... you don't look for answers, you don't look for mistakes. Instead, you fight the mistakes, you accept the faults, and you overlook excuses. The measure of love is when you love without measure. In life, there are very rare chances that you'l
meet the person you love and who loves you in return. So once you have it, don't ever let go. The chance might never come your way again.

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they will love you back. Don't expect love in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts; but if it doesn't, be content that it grew in yours. It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

You cannot finish a book without closing its chapters. If you want to go on, then you have to leave your past as you turn the pages of life. Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go; be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

Never say goodbye when you still want to try - never give up when you still feel you can take it - never say you don't love that person anymore when you don't really want to let go. The brightest future will always be based on forgotten past. You can't get on well in life until you let go of your past failures and headaches. Everything is ok in the end; if it's not ok it's not the end.

here i loved the way u expressed ur thought. sometimes its very hard to let person go and wait for him/her to come back. it might take the whole life but despite that time love dies slowly.....
here we can find ourself that "he/she was not our TURE LOVE"

visit me at:- http://www.meetwaqar.tk
waqarjaved@msn.com
[u[/u]
English is my second language
yuanzheng

Post by yuanzheng »

It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
I have the same feeling ,I loved a girl before ,but I think we wont meet again, only the things betweed us will call to mind
offen

8) :arrow: :cry: :oops: 8)
love peace ,love life
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

nice from you
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

What is love? Ask Mr.Love then. :mrgreen:

_Arale_
Waqar Javed

Post by Waqar Javed »

I think Mr. Love is a married person,he should know..
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

mmmmmmmm

:roll: :roll: I think being married doesn't have anything to do with knowing what love is...
Waqar Javed

Post by Waqar Javed »

Hi, I said that because I am in Pakistan. There is connection between Love and marriage.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yes, there must be. But I meant that, sometimes, people marry someone they don't love, whatever the reasons. That's why I said that there needn't be a connection between marriage and love. Of course I hope there is!
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Reply to Waqar Javed

Post by Chet Baker »

Hi, Waqar Javed, thank you for sharing your view about what is love, frankly, having read your article, I admire it. Here is some of my feeling.

What is love, it is really hard to define. The fact is that most of the people use it to refer affairs between boyfriend and girlfriend. Nevertheless, according to the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary, Love means – having a strong affection or deep tender feeling for sb/sth. Therefore, Love can be used to describe one’s passionate feeling toward another.

It can be used for any relationship except relationship of hostilities. I understand why people would have such convention, because most of the love affairs between boyfriend and girlfriend or husband and wife etc. are unforgettable or sometime full of bitterness. One thing I am sure is that the feeling of love is one way or another, i.e. happiness or sadness. There is no grey area. By the way, time doesn’t heal.

Love can be subjective
Let’s say, learning of letting go or giving up may also means love. If someone, who you have strong affection for, doesn’t accept you, your love feeling then becomes a subjective one, because the passion only comes from your side. In this situation, It is wise if you keep your deep tender feeling inside your heart as a secret and giving up persuading before she is annoyed at the way you do. I believe that it may be good for both side, at least, you both can maintain the friendship and reserve yourself a chance to date or to see her.

I am looking for email and ICQ friend. If anyone has comment about this, Please send me an email or ICQ 136 152 122. Thank a lot
Jamesbond

Post by Jamesbond »

Your poem is so imaginary, I like it
I love English treating that as a part of my life .So glad to make friends with you .Altogether we can make efforts on English studying and finally we'll make it !!!Expecting you can contact with me for chatting .let's help each other!GOGO!
liking

Post by liking »

Wow ,the essay is so great,I can feel thing that the writer feel when he write this