Carlos from Barcelona

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

carlosmr

Carlos from Barcelona

Post by carlosmr »

Hi Everybody,

I'm 24 years old, I live in Barcelona with my girlfriend in a little pleasant flat. I'm work as DBA (database administrator), but also I'm finishing the career.

I like sports, especially the playstation 2 :D and the Pro evolution soccer. I like travel, theaters and computers.

I have a dream, I would like to visit Japan, Chinese or another asian country. I like this culture and his landscapes.

I hope meet a lot of people of different countries.

I will forward all mails!!! *******.com

Best regards
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

one hunk here!!!
welcome to ec!!!
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

whoa! you're very most welcome carlosmr. :D
feel free to post your messages and ideas here. :wink:
carlosmr

Post by carlosmr »

Thanks pinas & francine!!!

Do you live in Manila? or another city?

Regards,
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Welcome to EC, carlosmr!
Want a cigar? :D

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

carlosmr wrote:Thanks pinas & francine!!!
Regards,
we work in manila but we live in another city.
is barcelona close to catalunya?
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

hello carlos! nic eto know you've visited this site. so how's barcelona? well, i'm from the philippines as well. if you and your gf want to vist our country, we could tour you here. surely you'll enjoy the place. :D :D :D
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

Hi Carlos, some days ago I was just planning a week end in Barcelona with some friends...
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

carlosmr wrote:Thanks pinas & francine!!!

Regards,
i live in manila...it's nice to know that you're familiar with manila...
how cute...
you're cute..
hehe
carlosmr

Post by carlosmr »

jonrey10 wrote:Welcome to EC, carlosmr!
Want a cigar? :D
Thanks a lot jonrey10.

I don't smoke, in Europe is very expensive :wink:
carlosmr

Post by carlosmr »

francine wrote: we work in manila but we live in another city.
is barcelona close to catalunya?
Hi francine,

Spain is the country, Catalunya is similar to a district, and Barcelona is the city.

Spain is divided in a lot of districts (Madrid, Basque country, Andaluzia, etc...)

Is the same in your country?

Regards,
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

carlosmr wrote: Hi francine,
Spain is the country, Catalunya is similar to a district, and Barcelona is the city.
Spain is divided in a lot of districts (Madrid, Basque country, Andaluzia, etc...)
Is the same in your country?

Regards,
oh yeah i forgot! :|
well, same goes here.
i just thought that catalunya is a different state, that's why. :wink: thnks for the info.
just asking bcz we do have a friend here, she's actually one of the moderators. her name is Dixie. but we usually call her mommy Dixie. :mrgreen: oh, btw, she's from catalunya.
carlosmr

Post by carlosmr »

charlotte wrote:hello carlos! nic eto know you've visited this site. so how's barcelona? well, i'm from the philippines as well. if you and your gf want to vist our country, we could tour you here. surely you'll enjoy the place. :D :D :D
Hi charlotte,

I think Barcelona is a beautiful city, a lot of museums, beach, discotheques, etc.... But I prefer other European Cities especially Paris. I have several photos of Paris and Barcelona.
We can change photos of Barcelona & Philippines, if you want...

Near Barcelona there are beautiful beachs, and a lot of mountains to practice ski. And almost the year we have nice weather.

And you could be ours guide :D
We guess in two years we can travel to Asian country, Philippines is a good option. we need to save money every month, because a think the travel will be expensive, and improve my speaking, because is so bad. I don't have a fluent english.

Best Regards
charlotte
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by charlotte »

carlosmr wrote:
charlotte wrote:hello carlos! nic eto know you've visited this site. so how's barcelona? well, i'm from the philippines as well. if you and your gf want to vist our country, we could tour you here. surely you'll enjoy the place. :D :D :D
Hi charlotte,

I think Barcelona is a beautiful city, a lot of museums, beach, discotheques, etc.... But I prefer other European Cities especially Paris. I have several photos of Paris and Barcelona.
We can change photos of Barcelona & Philippines, if you want...

Near Barcelona there are beautiful beachs, and a lot of mountains to practice ski. And almost the year we have nice weather.

And you could be ours guide :D
We guess in two years we can travel to Asian country, Philippines is a good option. we need to save money every month, because a think the travel will be expensive, and improve my speaking, because is so bad. I don't have a fluent english.

Best Regards
Sure! I could tour you around. Guess I could have Francine with me to accompany you and your girlfriend.

Yeah I know that Europe is really nice. You are lucky because you get to ski. In the Philippines, there is no snow. We only have two types of weather here. Summer and rainy season.
That's the reason why we also have lots of beaches here. Tourist normally go to Boracay and in El Nido (Palawan). We have white beaches and they love the fun and the partying. If you enjoy eating, you'll surely love our food. It's a mixture of Spanish, Chinese and American cuisines. :D :D

If you'll go hear, it is better that you won't be under a travel agency so your itenerary will not be limited. :D :D And it's a lot cheaper. :D :D
Last edited by charlotte on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F r E n Z Y F r I e N d
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Francine, Barcelona is the capital of Catalunya.

As you can see, there are some people living here that still think we're part of a country with which we Catalans do not share neither the language nor the customs nor the history, and shall I go on? I never use the Spanish language in my daily life. I hate bull-fighting. I do not think as a Spaniard. I do not like flamenco. Therefore, why should I say I am Spanish? I do not feel Spanish, therefore I am not, because no one can force you to feel something you cannot possibly feel in any way. I don't think I should go on in order for you all to understand.

Francine, what Carlos said is actually right. That's the official version, as sad as it may sound for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia
ayie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ayie »

Welcome carlosmr! Spain is such an interesting place... very historical too. We hope to hear more about your country sometime. :D We'll tell you more about the Philippines too...
By the way, do you have a friendster.com account? If you do, maybe we can add each other as friends. Otherwise, if you're interested, you can sign up and we can be your first set of friends to be added to your friend's list. :wink:
You can check it out sometime. :D
You have a great tmie at EC! Bye for now! :D
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

Welcome you to sunny boy, welcome to travel to China, at here not only the landsacpe of GuiLin, but also Great Wall and Warrior Statues and so on...
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

Dixie wrote:Francine, Barcelona is the capital of Catalunya.
oh.. silly me.... oh well... :| :oops:
Dixie wrote:As you can see, there are some people living here that still think we're part of a country with which we Catalans do not share neither the language nor the customs nor the history, and shall I go on? I never use the Spanish language in my daily life. I hate bull-fighting. I do not think as a Spaniard. I do not like flamenco. Therefore, why should I say I am Spanish? I do not feel Spanish, therefore I am not, because no one can force you to feel something you cannot possibly feel in any way. I don't think I should go on in order for you all to understand.

Francine, what Carlos said is actually right. That's the official version, as sad as it may sound for us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalonia
i understand perfectly. and i respect that. i'm just poor in geography. hehehe.... :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I like your new picture, Francine ;)
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

Dixie wrote:I like your new picture, Francine ;)
nice, thanks... you're the first one who appreciated my pix.
greatjim doesn't like it much. he likes the reporter or broadcaster look. haha.. :lol: next week, i'll be changing my picture again. it's a weekly basis y'know. :wink:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

:D:D:D
carlosmr

Post by carlosmr »

ayie wrote:Welcome carlosmr! Spain is such an interesting place... very historical too. We hope to hear more about your country sometime. :D We'll tell you more about the Philippines too...
By the way, do you have a friendster.com account? If you do, maybe we can add each other as friends. Otherwise, if you're interested, you can sign up and we can be your first set of friends to be added to your friend's list. :wink:
Hello ayie,

I have a new account in a friendster.com!!!

Regards

P.D: After one hour...

Sorry ayie,

But I don't like the friendster.com web, there are too many people, I prefer to have a little family friend as this.
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

wow...can you add me up carlos...i'll pm you my email add ok?!!!
thanks!!!
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

:D HELLO CARLOSMR ,WE SAY "SALAM" TO YOU IN ARABIC.
THIS IS SAID TO WELCOME YOUR JOINING HERE WITH US.
I HAVEN'T VISITED SPAIN YET, MAY BE IN FUTURE I WILL DO.
I'VE HEARED THAT IT'S REALLY A BEAUTIFUL EUROPEAN COUNTRY.

DIXIE,CAN I KNOW THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN YOUR LANGAUGE AND CARLOSMR ONE.
IS IT REALLY DIFFERENT.

SEE YOU
CHEMIST
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

hey carlos thanks for adding me up!!!
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

pinas wrote:hey carlos thanks for adding me up!!!
hey! me too!!! :roll: :| :P
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Salam

Post by kimo »

Salam chemist :D

How r u?
Happy Ramadan ,"Ramadan Kareeem"

Good Luck
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Salam

Post by chemist »

kimo wrote:Salam chemist :D

How r u?
Happy Ramadan ,"Ramadan Kareeem"

Good Luck
Well I'm fine Ramadan Kareem to you

Best wishes
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

chemist wrote: DIXIE,CAN I KNOW THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN YOUR LANGAUGE AND CARLOSMR ONE.
IS IT REALLY DIFFERENT.

SEE YOU
CHEMIST
Hi Chemist,

Hard to point out the differences among languages which share the same root -Latin-. What differences would you like to know? Phonetic ones? Or what? :roll:
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

Dixie wrote:
chemist wrote:
Hi Chemist,

Hard to point out the differences among languages which share the same root -Latin-. What differences would you like to know? Phonetic ones? Or what? :roll:
Yes something like that and for example can you understand his langauge or not?

Salam
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I can speak Spanish really fluently since I was taught that language along with Catalan since I was small. I remember, when hearing someone next to me speaking Spanish for the first time, it felt really awkward, because I had heard that language only on TV :D Can you believe that? It was really weird :P

Kids are taught both Spanish and Catalan in Catalan schools. It can be a little misleading at the beginning. My six-year-old cousin is just starting to learn Spanish in school. For her that's the language spoken in most TV channels and that's all, because nobody speaks Spanish as their daily language in my hometown.

Among the differences between the two languages, there are many grammatical ones that can drive kids really crazy. An 11-yr-old student of mine is having problems with those because she mixes them up: When she's writing in Spanish, writes Catalan words, and viceversa.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

Dixie, Dixie, Dixie,

I undestand your position, but be quiet please, I´m sure Carlos only want to know people of all the world and to do friends. Maybe he share your point of view, but he wanted to gave a general idea to Francine, is as if someone tell me that México is part of Nort America, Yes, Geograficaly Mexico is in the nort of american continent, but that no mean mexicans are part of USA. All of thise problems are like in Tibet, some people considered Tibetans no chinesse.

I´m happy to know that you are a brave woman who defend her ideas. I´m like you, but we have to understand and respect the point of view of another people.

Carlos Welcome to the forum, I know the problem between Catalans ans spain people. but let me tell you I love this forum because I feel in the bigest country that is the world. I´m from México. Would you like a Tequila? [/img]
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

Elba wrote: Carlos Welcome to the forum, I know the problem between Catalans ans spain people. but let me tell you I love this forum because I feel in the bigest country that is the world. I´m from México. Would you like a Tequila? [/img]
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
can't see any tequila. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: peace! :D
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

i do have some tequila here. who wants some? :twisted:
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

teqquila

Post by Elba »

[img] :oops: :oops: :oops: [/img]

I thought that Dixie couldn´t understand my messages, maybe I should to ad a quote, sorry.
About tequila, it is a drink, then you can see it, you must to drink it. I´d like to invited all of you a tequila, veverage for the spirit.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

:D:D:D:D Thank you Elba, but I was just explaining the situation to Chemist. He asked me ;)
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

about carlos

Post by Elba »

We are talking and talkin and talking about Catalunya and more,but where is Carlos? I can´t see any reply in another forums recently, maybe he is very funny with his GF [img]http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye ... e23/15.gif[/img] laughing about of our crazy conversations.
ayie
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ayie »

carlosmr wrote:
ayie wrote:Welcome carlosmr! Spain is such an interesting place... very historical too. We hope to hear more about your country sometime. :D We'll tell you more about the Philippines too...
Hello ayie,

I have a new account in a friendster.com!!!

Regards

P.D: After one hour...

Sorry ayie,

But I don't like the friendster.com web, there are too many people, I prefer to have a little family friend as this.
Hi carlos! Too bad you don't like the friendster site much... but yeah, i have to admit, it's a little crowded there :roll:
But, i'll send you my email address through pm anyway so that you can add me... i hope... :D
Thanks!
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by francine »

ayie wrote:Hi carlos! Too bad you don't like the friendster site much... but yeah, i have to admit, it's a little crowded there :roll:
But, i'll send you my email address through pm anyway so that you can add me... i hope... :D
Thanks!
:D :P carlos just approved my friend request to him at friendster. thanks for that carlos! :wink: