No one, I'm an atheist
29%

Total votes: 41

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

What's your religion?

Post by Dixie »

I see most members are religious. What's your religion then? I see we've got lots of Muslims and Catholics, if I am not mistaken. What's yours? ;)
Shahid

Post by Shahid »

My religion is Islam and im Muslim .
Shahid Javed
shahidkayani@msn.com

Legends Never Die So I Am Alive
Asep
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Asep »

I wonder what your point in asking us this question is, Dixie? :) Well, you've got what it takes to amuse yourself, though. Hehehehe.... :wink: :****
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

:shock: eh? Image

I asked because I see people is really religious here. Just asking...
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

iam muslim

whats about you dixie????

it really dosent matter here ........ we are a family nothing can spiret it. nothing is defferent here

your riligon, country, color, gendr, age, ......

we are like the teeth of the camp
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

I'm muslim :)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

mr_Love wrote:whats about you dixie????
Catholicism is the religion of my country. I was educated in a Catholic family and so on. But as I grew older and learned a little about life and religion I decided I didn't want to have a religion. So now I am an atheist.
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

huh

with out a riligon

how does it could be ???!!!!1

you nothing for nothing

in this way you just live this short life

do you belive in the last life?

the long life after this short life
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Look, mr_love,

Religion does not mean "life" in all its senses. Religion is just a personal option. You believe or you don't believe. It's just up to you. And I can assure you I live very happily.
Super Girl

Post by Super Girl »

I'm Muslim
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

---- -----------------------------

|
|
|
|
|
Rising Star

Post by fatyma1417 »

[b]Religion[/b], sacred engagement with that which is believed to be a spiritual reality. Religion is a worldwide phenomenon that has played a part in all human culture and so is a much broader, more complex category than the set of beliefs or practices found in any single religious tradition. An adequate understanding of religion must take into account its distinctive qualities and patterns as a form of human experience, as well as the similarities and differences in religions across human cultures.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

about religion

Post by Elba »

Catholicism is the religion of my country. I was educated in a Catholic family and so on. But as I grew older and learned a little about life and religion I decided I didn't want to have a religion. So now I am an atheist.
As dixie, but my decision was to study all what I can about religions, I even can´t find an answer, but is very interesting the topic.

The problem in our world is´nt the religion but also what men do with the religion I mean men use the religion as a gun.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

That's the point :!: ;)
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

what is your religion

Post by Elba »

well my dear Dixie,

We have similar opinion about the religion, but there is a little detail: To be atheist is another thing, that mean that you don´t belive in any superior being, you only belive in the forces of nature. I don´t pretend to question your "not beliving" I only want to congratulate you because of your force of understanding. After many years of study I can´t understand that maybe there isn´t anything special in the creation of the universe, of the world, of the man.

Have you ever read something about Karl Sahagan. He was an atheist, he belive in the Big Bam Theory, in fact is his thehory, but in his last book "Thousand of millions" he finaly think that maybe could be "something" and he thought that would be fine for hhim to have a beliving.

Maybe you should read karl sahagan
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I don't know that author but I will definitely look for that book ;) Thank you, dear Elba! ;)
munomoni

Post by munomoni »

" Truly We ( Allah Almighty ) created everything on measure, and our command is but one (act) like the glance of an eyes " (Qur'an 54 : 49-50 ) :roll:
" It makes no difference if it's sweet or hot, just give it rhythm and everything you've got ! "
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

Hi Super Girl...

How r u?...u look toooo sweet... ;)
B 4 ME
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

Hi Dixie ..
I don’t think that u have to read some persons book. But really u have to get more information about religions then u the only one how choose the true one which u feel it but the main point is u have to be more careful to read the truth about them,
And I think(on my own view after respecting ur own view) it’s very dangerous when u ignore the God who created u and gives u a lot of things the other people don’t have it….i hope u got my point :oops:
B 4 ME
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Although our parents raise us with their thoughts to believe in, I think that we are the one who really choose to be a believer or not. As for me, I've been raised as a Muslim.
My father told me once" don't believe in something because you saw others do so. Just believe what your soul believes" So, I studied religions for 5 years and then I decided to be a Muslim, a true Muslim.
My advice to you is to look around you and to think in what you see :idea: .
I just want you to remember this: what you think it's right someone may think it's wrong, and what someone thinks it's right you may think it's wrong. It's a dilemma but it isn't a disaster. ;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

kimo wrote:Hi Dixie ..
it’s very dangerous when u ignore the God who created u and gives u a lot of things the other people don’t have it….i hope u got my point :oops:
Ok I'll ask my parents for forgiveness ;)
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

Ok I'll ask my parents for forgiveness ;)[/quote]

ok , i will pray for u .... ;)
B 4 ME
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

I am an atheist and I am happy about this because I feel free when there is no link between me and God or any other Saint. I always respect your religion, though. ;)

_Arale_
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

Arale wrote:I am an atheist and I am happy about this because I feel free when there is no link between me and God or any other Saint. I always respect your religion, though. ;)

_Arale_

Also me tooo I respect ur opinion …….but kindly can I ask u why u become an atheist… :!: do u think when u believe in ur God u will not be free.... :!:
B 4 ME
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

why am I an atheist? what a question!

why am I an atheist=why are you not an atheist :mrgreen:

and why are u a muslim?
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

kimo wrote:
Also me tooo I respect ur opinion …….but kindly can I ask u why u become an atheist… do u think when u believe in ur God u will not be free....
Redrose wrote:
why am I an atheist? what a question!

why am I an atheist=why are you not an atheist :mrgreen:

and why are u a muslim?
Kimo, I am an atheist because I have no religion. It is my choice. You are a believer and it is your choice. I feel free when I don't believe in God. I feel free in my world and you feel free in your world. ;)
Redrose, a wonderful answer! :mrgreen:

_Arale_
kimo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by kimo »

Sorry … :!: maybe u didn’t get my point …
Any way Good luck ;)
B 4 ME
truthseeker

Post by truthseeker »

Hi Dixie;
How are you :P . I wanna ask u if some one show u a car and says that it comes by itself by a coincidence and no one makes it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do u believe him or u'll say he's crazy . "Why? " because u know and do believe that there's a skilful maker behind such a machine.So don't u think that human body with all it's perfect form,organs and mind come in vain and without a maker . How is that?????????????????????? Even the pencil has a use and if not there'll be no pencils .
Look around u and u'll see beauty everywhere "in the sky and it's stars ,in the sea, in the mountain, in the butterfly , in the trees , in the flowers ,in yourself, etc. Everything in the world is created for YOU and YOU've been created for a reason.Without knowing this reason u'll not find real peace.We've been created to make this earth a better place to live and spread justice and peace among humanbeings. It's the soul peace which makes u feel good in the darkest times because u believe that there is an eye that's watching u and willn't leave u and whenever u lift your hands up to pray and ask God(Allah) for help u'll be the happiest person in the world. :D It's just then u'll happy in this life and paradise will be there in the other life waiting for u to make all your wishes true and much more.
I wish that as u read these word so sit a lone in your room , think a lot about them :roll: and please please please raise your open hands and ask God to show u the right way and ask this from the bottom of your heart.PLEASE just try because you'll not lose anything.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS. ;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

truthseeker wrote:Hi Dixie;
How are you :P . I wanna ask u if some one show u a car and says that it comes by itself by a coincidence and no one makes it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do u believe him or u'll say he's crazy . "Why? " because u know and do believe that there's a skilful maker behind such a machine.So don't u think that human body with all it's perfect form,organs and mind come in vain and without a maker . How is that??????????????????????
Yes, my parents were really skillfull makers too :lol:

Hi Truthseeker,

I never said I didn't respect your beliefs, which means you should respect the others'. I never tried to change anybody's faith, so why do you guys keep pushing? You won't win anything ;) It's ok if you believe something, and it's ok if somebody else doesn't. Respect that, please. Respect is essencial.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

yeah, anyway, I am just an atheist, and I can't help it :mrgreen: why should I believe so-called god who never takes care of me and never shows off? I do everything myself. I must obtain everything by myself.
truthseeker

Post by truthseeker »

I'm sorry if u misunderstood me because I've never meant to push hard and I respect your opinion too.Also this is not a competition to win .We are just exchanging ideas and as u made your point clear I also wanted to share what I had with u and made myslef clear.
You're free to believe in something or not but don't u feel curious to find out why this person is proud to be muslim and other christian .
READ A LITTLE BIT ABOUT SUCH RELIGIONS AND U SHOULDN'T BE NESSARY ONE OF THEM.
Dawn
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Dawn »

Well, I'm a Catholic...but sometimes I'm thinking if there's really such a thing as "life after death" like what others say.
Awisewizard

Post by Awisewizard »

Remanu means power. I have my own God, my own religion. My religion is my belief..
Last edited by Awisewizard on Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
A wise wizard
poro

Post by poro »

I love God. Athough I'm not a Catholic or a Muslim or Buddish... I still belive in all these kind of religion. God give me strength and belief. I think God and religion appeared because of these reasons, right? Because sometime,we are not strong enough, our believes are not strong enough and so we pray for god, right? So I belive all.
truthseeker

Post by truthseeker »

Hi guys:
I wanna ask u why do u think islam gets 44% of this voting? :idea:
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Maybe the site is more popular among Muslim communities.
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

it is more pupular in asia .dixie

u can see more members are from china, vitnam,.....
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

I believe in God. I know that all of us are here for a purpose. Even though, sometimes our lives seem meaningless. I know that the world has been created for us, the problem is that most of the time, we don't know what our job is.
Although, the world seems a mess, to God, the world is beautiful because He has created it, and us, too.
It amazing how we are able to get up every morning, and there's air to breathe. We can move, and think. Sometimes it's important to reflect on this. Everything happens for something. Nothing is just coincidence. Just bear that in mind! :P
masa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by masa »

Actually, almost all Japanese peopel have no religion. Of course Japan has many many shrines and temples, but they celebrate Christmas, do Wsetern Type Wedding Ceremony, girls give boys Chocolate in Valentine`s Day, and so on. Of course, they cerebrate New Year to go to shrine to pray a year wish.
Perhaps, Japanese people doesn`t believe in God, right?
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

masa wrote:Perhaps, Japanese people doesn`t believe in God, right?
Masa, do you believe in God?
essie
Rising Star
Rising Star

somewhat agnostic (!?!?)

Post by essie »

"I don`t subscribe to a formal religion. Concerning the ultimate nature of being, my view is simply that I don`t know. I want to understand existence to the limit that our human perceptions allow, therefor I am fond of science. But I don`t think it likely that finite beings can fully understand an infinite and eternal universe. Thus my perspective in regard to being - my religious perspective, if you will - does not involve concern about what the universe, God, nature, reality, etc. can do for me. Rather, it involves an awe and a gratefulness that existence simply is."
masa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by masa »

Oh, oh... . I am so sorry to reply this answer late.
I do not believe in God. I have to say "sorry" for Christain, Muslim, Hindu, and so on. :( But I think God is the symbol. :roll:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

I am aetheistic because Dixie is.

Yeah right, as if! Nah, I cannot bring myself to believe there is a supreme being (other than essie) watching over us in the sky when no proof of existence has been recorded. No offence to members here but I feel the bible is not proof enough. Everyone has a right to their own religion and to forcefully try to make someone convert only brings annoyance. The only thing I believe in is myself. :idea:
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

To Essie: well said! We can be religious even without a religion...

UKS, I totally agree with you as well!

Since there are so many things we don't know or understand, millions of humans NEED to have some form of explanation: religions are all coming from this desperate need. Furthermore, a religion can help to accept the absolute lack of justice in our world.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I am atheist (or I believe more in nature).

Religion is the people's opium, isn't it ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
johntwain

religion is up to people

Post by johntwain »

Although i am a muslim ,i am not interested in anybody's religion. I live in Turkey and most people should learn more about secularism.
i_love_OASIS
serpico

Post by serpico »

I'm orthodox , but not greek or russian orthodox . I'm from Romania .
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

I'm catholic, and I think that everybody should respect other people beliefes and why not? try to learn more from other religions.

Unfortunately, religion has been the cause for such terrible wars too :cry: :cry: :cry:
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What's your religion?

Post by Annaa »

I`m muslim 8-) :-D
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What's your religion?

Post by sweethuman »

By the grace of Allah, I am Muslim