the book I liked most to read before is

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

the book I liked most to read before is

Post by greatJim »

the story of Robinson's adventure on an island,And in it there is a person whose name is Friday,like here.--

So somepeople often ask some other people like what book you will take if let you be alone on an island.when i listen these kinds of thing,I said,"obviously,the Defore's book is my favorite."
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

So, Daniel Defoe, huh? That's a really good choice.

For me, it would be The Da Vinci Code, by Dan Brown or Mirall Trencat by Mercè Rodoreda (Catalan author)
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

yes,Defoe,sister, :D

espania....

Davenci is homosexual,suspected,like Shakespere....etc..
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I knew about Da Vinci, but not about Shakespeare :!:
munomoni

Post by munomoni »

Anyone who has ever read Qur'an would say this is the book I would take with me.
" It makes no difference if it's sweet or hot, just give it rhythm and everything you've got ! "
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

there was book, from USA, which was very wonderful! it is

<gong with the wind>
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

You know what? About Margaret Mitchell's book, Gone With the Wind... Now I'm not sure about the book, but when the movie was made, it wasn't really well accepted in the USA, because of the portrait it made of the slaves. According to it, the slaves lived happily in their masters' mansion, and this was not so. The slaves were really ill-treated in the South, had to work all day and didn't have any rights. The utopic portrait the movie makes about slavery in the Southern States (like I said, I don't know about the book because I haven't read it) really upset the people. So now the movie is not very much on the American televisions.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

really? then the author was idealizing the slaves' lives in South America! when I read the novel, I felt that the slaves had been well-treated in South USA. further, this novel was so attractive. at first, my little sister recommended it for me, and she said:"I already read it for 6 times! if you won't read it, you will miss the best novel in the world!"

it seems that the reality is always far from the ideal and imagination.
Sissi

um~

Post by Sissi »

I love it too!!~~I have got this movie and whenever I have time,I watch it .
Captain Rhett Butlar is the man who is the most perfect in my mind~~~ :oops: :oops:
Some time I just wish I could dance with him and touch his face and be with him.... :P
To the world you are the someone,but to the someone you are the world!~
ebilly

Post by ebilly »

daniel defoe .... i havn't read his book but heard about it... and hope to read it ............. .. so should i take that book?/
good to read?
babyghost

Post by babyghost »

I have got the book "Gone with the wind".I have read it many times,but i do not know the ending of this story.Finally,the person whom Captain Rhett loves is?Scarlet or Melaine? :roll:
sweetheart

Post by sweetheart »

babyghost wrote:I have got the book "Gone with the wind".I have read it many times,but i do not know the ending of this story.Finally,the person whom Captain Rhett loves is?Scarlet or Melaine? :roll:
Babyghost, you read the English version? :roll: :roll: . Have a nice day!!!
Nu

Post by Nu »

He ) that's nice... and what about Scarlett? do u like it too? )
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

sorry to be a lil off the topic but I just wanted to correct the previous statement about my beloved Shakespeare. Yes, he did have a homosexual relationship with a man but he was bisexual because he liked women too. But Da Vinci was only homosexual and he was antisocial and introverted.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

illusion wrote:sorry to be a lil off the topic but I just wanted to correct the previous statement about my beloved Shakespeare. Yes, he did have a homosexual relationship with a man but he was bisexual because he liked women too. But Da Vinci was only homosexual and he was antisocial and introverted.
I didn't know Will was bi and had a homosexual relationship! :shock:
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:sorry to be a lil off the topic but I just wanted to correct the previous statement about my beloved Shakespeare. Yes, he did have a homosexual relationship with a man but he was bisexual because he liked women too. But Da Vinci was only homosexual and he was antisocial and introverted.
I didn't know Will was bi and had a homosexual relationship! :shock:

I've read some books on him and that is 100% true. Well, at least they say it is. But I think every genius has his own somber secretes.
Ksju

Post by Ksju »

Oh my god, do you think it is really SO important ??!
Two great men, with so big talents, with so much gifts for mankind...
Only this matters to my mind
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

Ksju wrote:

Oh my god, do you think it is really SO important ??!
Two great men, with so big talents, with so much gifts for mankind...
Only this matters to my mind
Yeah, I think it does matter. Because if they had been ordinary, they would've been probably less gifted. Besides for instance Shakespeare wrote some of his sonnets dedicated to a man not a woman, and if he hadn't been in love with the him, then probably we would've not been able to read them now...
Ksju

Post by Ksju »

Love is still love
no matter to man or to woman.
They were so gifter NOT because they were 'not ordinary' in sexial aspect !!!!!

So all homosexuals are more gifted than normal people !!! What a mad idea