Omani Clothes

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

nice clothes

have a look here

these are Omani clothes from different parts of oman from the south and the nourth. the one in the left with a black is from my region. but they wear these at homes, whereas they were "abayya" out side home wehn they are going to shopping or any where ...........

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Poor women.
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

why dixie....

they're not
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

As you look at the picture , how do you react to what the woman is wearing? How would you feel living in a culture where women look like this?
The majority of Arabian women dress conservatively. Some women dress in clothes that do not cover their faces or hair, while others cover them. For example, a very conservative woman might wear a long black garment called "Abayah" that covers her body from the shoulders down to her feet. Under this cover she could be wearing a traditional Arabian dress in full body length with long sleeves and filled with beautiful bead work, or she could be wearing the latest style from an internationally known designer. In addition to the Abayah, a very conservative woman would also wear a face and head cover. Some women would wear the Abayah without the head and face cover, while others might wear a scarf-like cover called "Hejab" that covers the hair but not the face.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Yes they are because they've been educated in order to think that they must hide their entire body in order for the men to respect them, and that's actually not so, they're being discriminated against, that's totally sure.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Dear Dixie

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

Dear Dixie, I am afraid I have to tell you That it isn't totally sure!!!!!!! :roll:
I live here and I didn't see any kind of discrimination.
Men here go to work, own companies, play sports, study abroad, go to parties, get promoted and so do women.

Catholic nuns wear beautiful long gowns because they believe it make them closer to God. We believe the same thing, too.
We don't wear that kind of clothes to gain men's respect. We wear it because WE believe it's a wonderful way to respect our bodies. I can wear whatever I want whenever I want, but why on earth do I need to show every single part of my body to strangers??!!

I buy my clothes from VERSACE, ARMANI and KENZO. Sometimes I wear mini skirts and jeans. But to WHOM I show it? I show it to all the women I know and to my family. Your father or brother will never look to your body as a "SEXY" thing, Don't you think? :idea:

As for stranger men we may wear Abayah or Hejab in front of them and I think you understand why now.

I wear Abayah and I am happy with it. It's apart of what I believe in.
;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Dear Dixie

Post by Dixie »

Sorry Miss. Ladybird but as a Westerner I see things differently. I do think it's discrimination.
Miss. Ladybird wrote: Catholic nuns wear beautiful long gowns because they believe it make them closer to God. We believe the same thing, too.
Hahaha Catholic nuns are so oooold-fashioned... They still dress like they did in the 13th century, haven't you noticed? OMG... The Catholic church is a mystery as well... and the source of many hidden crimes.
Miss. Ladybird
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Miss. Ladybird »

I may disagree with you but I respect your opinion. I don't know about the life in the west and you don't know about the life in our countries either ;) .
Hahaha Catholic nuns are so oooold-fashioned... They still dress like they did in the 13th century, haven't you noticed? .[/quote]
Well I agree with you 100% in this :lol: , but I really respect them ;) .
(The Catholic church is a mystery as well... and the source of many hidden crimes.)
Well… I'm not a Catholic,so I can't tell you anything about this.
cara wrote:Guys, this topic is about AODAI :roll:
:R: :R:
O.K. I will stop talking. But Vietnamese HELP me here I want to buy some dresses on line. Is there a website for this? :D
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

nice from your grea tjim

but who is amani ????!!!!!!

ok.dosent matter

thanks leadybird for explaning to dixie instead of me ... :mrgreen: