Da Lian, China

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

RedRose

Da Lian, China

Post by RedRose »

although I love travelling, however, I have never gone abroad for a trip. that is just because I have no time and money much enough to do it.

Still, I went to many places of China for trips. once a foreigner asked me:"which place impressed u a lot?"

"plenty" answered I.

In the first place, I want to describe DaLian, an old north Chinese city, a seaside city, very beautiful!

In DaLian, you can see many diverse cultures. DaLian preserved many foreign-styled constructions, Russian, American, English, Dutch.... when u take a walk in DaLian, you feel as if you were going through diverse cultures from many countries, in the other words, you would feel as if you were passing the tunnels of space and time! that is a kind of exciting experience.

DaLian has beautiful landscapes: neat streets, hot flowers fill total city, further, DaLian has nice people! they are so friendly and kind that you would think DaLian was your home when you are there!

I have ever been to DaLian for medicines conferences for two times. at that time, I toured DaLian passingly. wow! I love it so much! then what impressed me in DaLian? besides its nice landscapes, what most inpressed me was DaLian's people! Once I lost on a street of DaLian, in general, I could take a taxi back to my hotel, but I wanted to walk to a seaside park on my own so that I could view and admire more landscapes of DaLian. therefore, I asked the way to an old couple, they told me about the way patiently, later we said byebye and parted. after about 15 minutes, the old couple returned back to me in a sweat, and they told me:"girl, we just recalled that there is a closer and straighter access to where you're gonna go, so we ran back to you to tell u!" at that time, I was moved deeply! what a kind couple!

Now I still love DaLian. If I get opportunities, I will go to DaLian again. in my mind, DaLian is forever attractive!

guys, where did you ever take a trip to? and which impressed you most?

Expect to hear from you!
pooh_bear
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pooh_bear »

hey RedRose, as much as i wanted to travel outside or abroad, as of right now i dont have yet enough money to do that. but maybe in the future all of us will have the chance to meet each other.
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

Pooh_Bear is right. You see, in the Philippines, only the Rich & Famous can afford to travel around the world. But if you're an ordinary person, you can only travel abroad in dreams....
If I can afford to go to China, I'll visit Yao Ming...

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

pooh_bear wrote:hey RedRose, as much as i wanted to travel outside or abroad, as of right now i dont have yet enough money to do that. but maybe in the future all of us will have the chance to meet each other.
honey, I am waiting for the day when we meet each other~!!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

jonrey10 wrote:Pooh_Bear is right. You see, in the Philippines, only the Rich & Famous can afford to travel around the world. But if you're an ordinary person, you can only travel abroad in dreams....
sweetie niece! I am glad that you are YaoMing's fan!

honey, I still have a question left:"why do people always love travelling to the places where is far from their own hometown?"
pinas
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pinas »

RedRose wrote:
jonrey10 wrote:Pooh_Bear is right. You see, in the Philippines, only the Rich & Famous can afford to travel around the world. But if you're an ordinary person, you can only travel abroad in dreams....

honey, I still have a question left:"why do people always love travelling to the places where is far from their own hometown?"
because they want to see and explore places other than theirs..for a change as well
dalagang pilipina - a cool chick that is
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

oh, yes. that means a kind of adventure!
jonrey10
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by jonrey10 »

RedRose wrote:

Pinas, already answered your question. Even here in the Philippines, there are places I'd love to go, but travelling here & abroad is really expensive. :(

c",) I'm here... all the way c",)
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

jonrey10 wrote:If I can afford to go to China, I'll visit Yao Ming...
I am YaoMing's fans too, hope you could visit him :D
yuanzheng

Post by yuanzheng »

there is nobody that dont like travelling ,travelling and exploring
is the nature of human ,redrose i .a boy ,likeyou ,dont have
mush money to travel
i think oneday when i have enough money .i wil travel erery place where i want to go
:?: :?: :?: :?: dalian inc :?: :?: :?:
love peace ,love life
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

welcome back redrose

how was your birthday party.....

hey .... you got five star ......!!!1 :)

thank for this short tour in china .
dennisyungaha

wish our dreams all come true!

Post by dennisyungaha »

everyone has there own dream. if i have got enough money and time i would like to go to BEIJING,the capital of china.
although i am a chinese , i havenot been to beijing before,
the bejing city is really a beautiful old city,you can see many chinese traditional construction ,most of them built hundreds years ago.
I am just a country boy from China,hope to make friends with all of you!and my MSN:*******.com ,
And my email is dennisyungaha@126.com ,Hope hearing from you!!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

YES, BeiJing is graceful!
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

... delicious spring rolls!!! :mrgreen:
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

tripto

Post by Elba »

How about you Dixie?, Where did you go?
RedRose some people prefer go out of the country because they think that they know all about they land. I like México city -where I live- too much, I enjoy walking through the dawn town, my city is the best -I think-, but If I have the oportunity to trip I´d like go to England, India, Russia, Hungary, Italy, and of course to China in order to know The Prohibited City.
I was at Cuba in 1984, beautiful country, friendly people, bad government and bad international comunity too.

At México I have visit different states -regions- and all of them have something special.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: tripto

Post by Dixie »

Elba wrote:How about you Dixie?, Where did you go?
When? :D
Elba wrote:... and of course to China in order to know The Prohibited City.
WOW that really sounds interesting! What's The Prohibited City :?:
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Da lian

Post by Elba »

The prohibited city is the place where the last emperor lived. Ok Red Rose talk about that historic period, ¡you know the history of china better than me!
RedRose

Re: Da lian

Post by RedRose »

Elba wrote:The prohibited city is the place where the last emperor lived. Ok Red Rose talk about that historic period, ¡you know the history of china better than me!
honey, I always failed each of historic examinations while I was a high school student :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Redrose, you should be ashamed to call yourself Chinese. lol J/K. I hope I am still welcomed when I visit you sometime this year! Or maybe I should go visit your parents...

Elba, it's actually called the Forbidden City. It's a palatial architectural complex that covers an area of over 2,350,000 square feet and contains 9,999 rooms. It was used to accomodate the ancient emperors of China.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Unknownsu wrote:Redrose, you should be ashamed to call yourself Chinese. lol J/K. I hope I am still welcomed when I visit you sometime this year! Or maybe I should go visit your parents....
Now I know about prohibited city well. but then I didn't know what "prohibited" meant! due to my teacher, Unknownsu hadn't taught me well :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

RedRose wrote:Now I know about prohibited city well. but then I didn't know what "prohibited" meant! due to my teacher, Unknownsu hadn't taught me well :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wait a second, you are Chinese. You live in China. How could you expect me to teach you about Chinese architecture? Shouldn't you be the one teaching me? Because you don't know, you put the blame on me and call me an incompetent teacher. There's no need for you to come to Canada to kill me, I think I will go kill myself to save you the hassle.
Last edited by Unknownsu on Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Da lian

Post by Elba »

hey hey hey.Don´t fight Ok.
Tell me more about the forbidden city.
Have you ever seen "The last emperor" movie of Viscontti?
It was real all what happen in the forbidden city acording to the movie?
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Unknownsu wrote:
RedRose wrote:Now I know about prohibited city well. but then I didn't know what "prohibited" meant! due to my teacher, Unknownsu hadn't taught me well :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Wait a second, you are Chinese. You live in China. How could you expect me to teach you about Chinese architecture? Shouldn't you be the one teaching me? Because you don't know, you put the blame on me and call me an incompetent teacher. There's no need for you to come to Canada to kill me, I think I will go kill myself to save you the hassle.
I mean I didn't know what this english word "prohibited" meant at that time! I didn't mean that you should teach me Chinese history. oh, it seems that I should kill you as well as myself. :cry: