what worked for you ,might help me

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

Selene

what worked for you ,might help me

Post by Selene »

Hi,
here I am again worring about my accent.I wish I could sound like everyone else.I do not expect to speak like a native cause that would make me something I am not. But at least it would be nice to have a pleasant and understandable accent.It is not nice having to repeat yourself when one is having a conversation.
So, I wonder if someone could share with me how you guys mastered your accent and how long did it take?
Selene

Post by Selene »

Well, I guess nobody had to deal with being too accented.
Anyway,I will keep recording my speach. Perhaps I will get better in a few more months or so.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Just pay attention at how native speakers speak. Concentrate especially on intonation and rhythm, which vary a lot from one language to another. I know many Catalan people who can't help keeping a Catalan intonation when they try to speak English :D
masa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by masa »

Oh, that`s all problem and complex all of ESL or EFL students. Actually, I am a EFL student, I also have a problem fo my English accent.
Why don`t you learn about Fonix?
You can see this study somewhere in this HP.

Go for it!
I will do, too. ;)
Selene

Post by Selene »

I believe what your teacher said is true.The thing is sometimes i takes tons of repetions until i get it.And when i am really able to hear a sound ...i am sort of able to imitate the native speaker. Well, in order to improve my accent i gotta do more talking and when someone doesn't understand me go to the diccionary and find out why.
Finally i understand that regarding accent, it is gonna be a matter of time.I have to embrace the language and also hang out with english speakers.
Jamesbond

Post by Jamesbond »

I have no Idea!!!
I love English treating that as a part of my life .So glad to make friends with you .Altogether we can make efforts on English studying and finally we'll make it !!!Expecting you can contact with me for chatting .let's help each other!GOGO!