I cannot sleep!

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

sunshine81
Rising Star
Rising Star

I cannot sleep!

Post by sunshine81 »

I'm desperate! I need your help, family EC!!

I'm working all day from 7am till 5pm. I have to go up between 5 and 6am every morning. I'm always late! I never wake up in time. Then i'm always in a hurry. I have my day working in front of the computer like 9 to 10 hours a day. And i am sooo tired! The problem is although i am sooo tired i simply cannot sleep. Already at 8 every evening i am soo tired that i feel like going to bed. But i can't. First of all my rommates are not the most quiet persons and secondly i have to work so much for my thesis. But when i go to bed then (usually latest at 10pm) i cannot fall asleep!! I am sooo tired but cannot sleep! I go to bed and just have a restless tossing and turning - but i cannot fall asleep. It's i think always around midnite or even later when i finally close my eyes for sleeping - but then it's already five and i have to go up already!! So i never get more than five hours sleep a nite!! I can feel it's gettin' me down-and-out!! I'm so tired during the day that i'm cold all the time and can't concentrate on my work - what i do have to do,tho!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I don't know what to do!! I feel i'm getting weaker and weaker every single day!! What can i do??? Please somebody give me an advice!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

I read you problem it is not difficult for me, I can solve your proble very easily.

I am also work daily 12 hours from 8:00am to 8:00pm and i wake up 7:00am and sleep 12:30pm without reast.

First of all you do some practice, when you will ready for sleep, you image you are free from life, you dont take any tention in your mined. (any type of tention like job, salary, people, lover, parent, or bosses) just you are ready for sleep.

And secondly you will take a table of vitamine it is also improve your tiredness.

I hope you well get better when you try this one.

And please reply me what is the result of my advice.
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
mahboob

Post by mahboob »

Hi,
I have read your message and got to know about your problem.
You usually sleep at around 10:00pm and wake up at 4:30am or 5am
That means you take around 6 hours sleep daily
Sleeping 6 hours without any disturbance is not bad for your health but if you get 6 hours sleep with disturbance, this is not good for your health.
If you feel that you don’t have sleeping problem then you might be thinking a lot about your life activities or priorities, which is not giving relax to you.
There are number of reasons behind your problem
This might be your first or new or good job and you don’t want to loose this by your sleeplessness
You might have many plans to do and couldn’t make even one, and struggling a lot to have it done.
In my opinion you think too much about things (whatever in your mind), that’s why you don’t get sleep well.
You should be calm and cool, make some priorities in your life.
Try to manage your time and do some physical exercises, physical tiredness will give your body relax and you will get sleep soon.
I think you should go for physical exercises instead of getting medicines for sleep.
Once you addicted with the medicines you will be depending on it for rest of your life, trust me!
Cheer Up!

Thanks
MM
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Maybe the problem is that you spend so many hours in front of the computer. I know it might sound strange but I heard that spending so much time before the screen can be the cause of insomnia.
sunshine81
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sunshine81 »

Dixie wrote:Maybe the problem is that you spend so many hours in front of the computer. I know it might sound strange but I heard that spending so much time before the screen can be the cause of insomnia.
OH MY GOD!!!! :? :?
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

the best way .....

DONT think...... dont thnik wile you are on bed.... try to free you maind .....make it empty..as mali saied.

you cant sleep because you think that you cannot sleep.

relax you body......

:R: drink a cup of hot milk then after 20-30min go bed ..

even that guy dont think about him :mrgreen:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I agree with Dixie. Screen makes eyes tired (and not only eyes). But at the end of "looking-at-screen", eyes continue to act (they don't stop their activity at once).

You should make one break every hour at work. (or choose a job without too much screen).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Dear Sunshine,

Did you apply my suggestion or not please do this one and I hope you will looking the change in your life.

Thanks,

M. Ali
HI, I AM M. ALI, 30 YEARS OLD, HOLDING MASTER AND LLB DEGREE, WORKING AN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATION, VISITED AROUND 25 COUNTRIES. LOOKING GOOD FRIEND
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

sunshine81, apparently, you have suffered so much pressure from work. here are my little advices, I hope that you may find it useful. First of all, you need to prepare 2 following items.

1. Sleeping pill; and
2. baby oil.

I don’t suggest people to take any sleeping pill unless it is highly necessary or under doctor’s instruction. In your case, this sleeping pill is only for YOUR ROOMMATE. As he/she is not a quiet person and you find that you can’t fall to sleep due to his noise, you can ask him to take a sleeping pill in order to let him sleep earlier than you. As a result, you will have sufficient and high quality sleeping time.

If a quite environment is not enough for you to fall asleep, I will suggest you to take a hot bath. After taking a hot bath, apply baby oil to your whole body before dry. It will release you from pressure.

If you find the the above suggestions are not of satisfactory, I think you better take a long vacation.
Last edited by Chet Baker on Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Hell Mr. Chet Baker are the suitable if she use the medicine for sleeping. I dont advice for this one, may be if she will take my advice i think it is better.
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

mali wrote:Hell Mr. Chet Baker are the suitable if she use the medicine for sleeping. I dont advice for this one, may be if she will take my advice i think it is better.
Ho... Dear Mali, you must misunderstand me, my friend.

As I have suggested that Sleeping pill is not advisable unless it is highly necessary or under doctor's instruction. Your worry is truly understandable; however, it is unlikely that it will happen as you think. Because, sleeping pill is restricted medicine. Generally, no one can buy it without medical certificate.It is apparently a joke trying to relax our poor Sunshine81 from stress. By the way, i admire your suggestion. She will definitely take yours.
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Dear Br. Chet.

Once again thanks for your good comments. Actually in our country, (Pakistan) if you have the source or PR you will get the medicine without doctors prescription. I dont know what is the system in your country.

But know I understand your reply.
sunshine81
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sunshine81 »

Chet Baker wrote:sunshine81, apparently, you have suffered so much pressure from work. here are my little advices, I hope that you may find it useful. First of all, you need to prepare 2 following items.

1. Sleeping pill; and
2. baby oil.

I don’t suggest people to take any sleeping pill unless it is highly necessary or under doctor’s instruction. In your case, this sleeping pill is only for YOUR ROOMMATE. As he/she is not a quiet person and you find that you can’t fall to sleep due to his noise, you can ask him to take a sleeping pill in order to let him sleep earlier than you. As a result, you will have sufficient and high quality sleeping time.

If a quite environment is not enough for you to fall asleep, I will suggest you to take a hot bath. After taking a hot bath, apply baby oil to your whole body before dry. It will release you from pressure.

If you find the the above suggestions are not of satisfactory, I think you better take a long vacation.
I like your suggestion with the baby oil! That sounds good, really. I will try that tomorrow evening when my rommates left for the weekend. :P
A long vacation would be the best i could ever get! I haven't had vacation for 9 month now :? :?

Thanks everybody for your sweet suggestions! :P I'll try everyone! :P
mali
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by mali »

Thanks God, your problem is solved, it mean we are free from this topic, hahahahahaha

Ms. Sunshine, dont mind please, i really very happy you solve your problem.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

your problem happens to many people. here are some advices.

First of all, just relax as possible! before going to bed, you'd better read a dull novel on bed. NEVER think to yourself:"I must fall into sleep right now! otherwise I will feel very tired tomorrow! come on! sleep!" that will make you stay up.

Secondly, before going to bed, you'd better eat some food, not too much. for example, a piece of bread, a cup of milk. that will be helpful for sleeping deeply. Guess what? when you sleep with an empty stomache, your sympathetic nerve will get very excited, and that will affect the quality of your sleeping.

Thirdly, before sleeping, just think to yourself: "I wouldn't give a damn whether I can fall into sleep or not! whatever, I have my dull novel with me! " ... Be creative ;)

Good luck
sunshine81
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sunshine81 »

:P Thank you very much redrose!! that sounds so simple...and actually i'm always telling myself "Common, sleep! Now! " and it doesn't help at all! I should try to force myself to stay awake :idea: After i took a hot bath, put baby oil on my body,drank a cup of milk and took my novell with me to bed.... :P :P i will sleep tight!!

Ohhhhhh thanks for your sweeeeeeet suggestions! I'm almost sure that i will feel better soon. I'll keep you informed!

by the way, this is my 100th post :P
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I am really sleepy right now.

I couldn't sleep on Thursday night (I hate when my roomates go out on Thursdays), Friday was really terrible, and today (Sat) I had to get up early when what I actually wanted to do was to sleep all day long. I am so tired and sleepy now that I don't know how to tell my bf that I wanna go to bed :? (to sleep).
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

Dixie wrote: I am so tired and sleepy now that I don't know how to tell my bf that I wanna go to bed :? (to sleep).
Just tell him straight that u wanna go to bed, I bet he would love to go to bed at the same time as well :mrgreen:
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

Red Rose You're so naughty , dear, hahahahah

Dear sunshine,you should follow those steps:
1-Relax
2-Listen to some classic music for even 10minutes and you can dance if you love to.
3-have a shower and as our friend said applly body oil
4-don't ever think that time is running and you are not going to finish your work , you thesis ,your sleep.
5- Convence yourself that the whole working day was perfect and you've done alot and you are going to start a nice wonderfull day tomorrow with great effort.
6- have a cup of milk and DREAM ABOUT YOUR BLUE EYES GUY ;)

BY THE WAY , WHY DON'T YOU GIVE HIM A CALL BEFORE YOU GO TO BED :?:

DO YOU THINK THAT HE'S THE REASON? ;)
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

what a great idea! Chemist! give her roommate some calmative pills? hahaha!
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Take a water bottle with you in bed.

Read some comics ! :mrgreen:

Don't drink coffee !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

Dixie wrote:Maybe the problem is that you spend so many hours in front of the computer. I know it might sound strange but I heard that spending so much time before the screen can be the cause of insomnia.
i second with dixie......

i had the same problem....when i used computer and felt so tired in my eyes . i dont work much but sometimes when i use computer for long hours..i can not sleep at night. i feel i am tired but my sleep go away when i lay in the bed.
yah its kind of insomnia.....

sunshine...ur job is sitting in front of the computer for 10 hours....hmm....do u think u can give it a brk and check that if u dont use computer for long hours make u sleep at night....

try it out....if u dont find it useful, then i will say, ur problem is different and need to see a doctor....btw dont take any sleeping pill at night...it will make thing worse...

hopefully u will feel better soon....
English is my second language
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

I think insomnia is some kinds of illness.And if it lasted for several days or more ,it was very bad for your health.

I ever tried sleeping pill many many years ago,i had forgottern the reason why I couldn't sleep.Maybe the burden produced by the job.And I was too young to deal with the job life since at that time I just graduated from university.

BUt I think my roommate was not very bad at that time.SO I overcome it at last.really not easy,I mean I had drunk too much and my liver was hurt at that time. :mrgreen:

if possible,you should consider to change your dwelling place.

as like many friends here adviced,sleeping pill was not very good and sometimes could made you feel more sensitive for the unsleepness.And it effected you in the contrary at last.

I remembered once I took two pills ,and made me keep awake till almost the next morning. :mrgreen: :lol:

Well,my body was tortured so much anyway. :mrgreen: Always.

in nowadays,sometimes I could not sleep well in the case I felt unhappy ,on job,or something others.But try a cup of milk is good .

you should take a nap if you cherish yourself. in the day time.or
After lunch ,if permitted,just count the number without voice,"one goat,two goats,three goats,four,five....."till enter another world----sleeping.

--------At last,have enough sleeping time is the best method to make one look beautiful. :R:
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

Any news, Sunshine? Have you solved the problem? I hope so...