candle man

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderator: EC

Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

candle man

Post by Lilian »

this is a long story , so, i am going to brk it in part...

part 1

Candle man

Her name is Anna, a girl who used to attend church every Sunday. She knew from her heart, that only god can give her an eternal life. Prayer started at 5 pm. Anna liked to go to the church room and pray to God until the church began. But she never knew, someday she is going to meet with someone who will touch her life for forever. Yah, it was a typical Sunday just like other Sunday. Anna was praying, her head was down, eyes were closed. Suddenly when she ups her head, she saw a guy, started at her from other corner. Anna?s is not that beautiful. So, she wondered for few minute, why he was staring at her. Anna felt shy and tried to continue her prayer. But that was the beginning. When the church started, she found that guy is a singer and he also play instrument in the church band. Anna was simply touched. Oh! He is a musician. Anna dreamed her whole life, to meet with someone who can play music. The guy was sitting in the corner so; Anna could easily see him from behind. After finishing the prayer Anna came out from the church. And just like other day, she though, well, that was it. She thought she might never see him again. So, she laughed and went home.

Anna never knew she will ever meet that guy again. Next Sunday when she went to the church, she found the guy standing in the balcony and talking to other people. He was wearing a white gown just like priest wear?s during prayers. Now anna started to wonder, who is he actually? Is he a priest or just a person who can help priest? But anna waited until the church began. She started to pray just like every Sunday. When she finished, and looked up, she saw the guy, lighting the candle. Anna was watching him from behind when the guy was busy with his work. She was wondering who he is. So, he is a candle man, singer, or a helper of the priest. Anna thought ok, she will continue watching this guy from behind, and know him better. Sunday after Sunday passes, now its become Anna's routine to watch the guy from distance, just like her prayer.

---------------------------
English is my second language
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I guess...

actually the candle man was this girl's half-brother. when her mom was young, she dated with a handsome guy, getting a boy, who was finally this candle man. but at last his mom didn't marry this handsome guy for many sakes. this handsome guy took the boy away. his mom finally married another guy, and got a girl, who was this one praying in church everyday.

Unfortunately, the girl and the boy had never known the truth, and they loved each other crazily....finally, the truth was exposed... they got shocked....

oh, sorry, lilian. I just couldn't help maniplulating your story. Don't be bother with my awkward story. just go ahead. ;)
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Hehehehe I love RedRose's creativity :D

I think the guy is just the priest's helper :D
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

hey dixie and rose, hows going???

hehe rose...i asuming story is far better than that.....

dixie....ur right... :D
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Lilian wrote: dixie....ur right... :D
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

It was just like other Sunday. Anna went to the church with one of her aunt. She was sitting next to her. After finishing the prayers Anna started to observe the room. Basically that she always does, when there is nothing to do. Anna hasn?t seen the candle man yet. Yah! She started to call him candle man, because to Anna, he was not like other guy. Beside she doesn?t know what his name is. So, Anna started to call him as candle man.So, when she was watching and talking to her aunt, Anna noticed the guy, her candle man. He is little late today. But for sure, he saw Anna too. And give her a look, that he is here and nothing to worry about. The priest entered the room, and candle man started to talk to him. Anna can?t hear them, but she was staring at the guy from far. She thought, is that the person that God sent just for her from above. Anna was thinking, and all on a sudden she realized, the guy also stared at him. Both eyes meet, for the first time. It was for 2 second. Anna noticed she is blushing. Oh! What a pity, is Anna falling in love with that guy? How come that be possible, falling in love just by seeing someone. But Anna knew from her heart, she longed for him. There was a time when she attend the church just for prayer but things has changed, now she come to the church, for him, her own candle man.
donis
Rising Star
Rising Star

interesting

Post by donis »

really that is so interesting story...but that should be final of story..
vennini

Post by vennini »

wow
smile,smile,smile
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: interesting

Post by Lilian »

donis wrote:really that is so interesting story...but that should be final of story..
life is interesting....and i am the one who is the witness of it..just like others... :)

its not the end... :)
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

vennini wrote:wow
hmm...i expect more than a wow....lolz......thanks for reading it.. :D
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

Anna talked about this guy with one of her closest friend, Jen. Who, also attend church with Anna sometimes. She is not only a friend but also like a sister. When Anna feels lonely she is the one, with whom she can share her feelings and stories. Jen, was quite surprise. She said, she will help Anna about this situation. She will also, watch candle man absence of Anna. Anna felt relieved. At least there is someone, who can give her news about her candle man. Jen gave good verdict about candle man. Why not, candle man is worthy of it. He is cute, tall, and also friendly. He always put smile on his face and also sensible. Anna, started to laugh at herself, she hasn’t talk to him, but she already trying to understand him. Anna requested Jen try to know the candle man name. Jen is quite smart. One Sunday afternoon after finishing church Jen, Anna was waiting on the 1st floor for her aunt. She was quite late. But Anna is happy rather than worried, coz she can watch her candle man, as long as aunt come late. Jen was talking to her friends. Anna doesn’t have lots of friend. She has her own world. Beside she never felt bad while everyone seems busy around her. Anna always got something to do for her own. Most of the people think her as moody girl. But Anna, laughed, she knows that anyone comes around her, will be change their thought about Anna for forever.
sabara

Post by sabara »

Lilian wrote:
Lilian, Are Anna you'r nickname???
sds.
SABARA
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

sabara wrote:
Lilian wrote:
Lilian, Are Anna you'r nickname???
no, Anna is not my nick name... :)
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

Hey Anna, what are you thinking? Asked Jen..

Nothing replied Anna.

So, are going to help me out to know about the guy’s name?

Sure Anna. That why I am here.

Thanks, replied Anna.

Next Sunday, Anna went to the church. It was quite late for some reason. But still Anna, came to the church to see her candle man. Anna didn’t find him. Hmm, so, where he is? Anna becomes worried. It will be hard for her to wait that long period. There is no way Anna can speak to that person. He is always with the priest and end of the church; he is busy with setting up everything. But still only a sight of him makes Anna happy. All on a sudden she saw Jen. Oh! Jen didn’t tell Anna she will be here.

Hey Anna, I have good news for you.

What’s that? Anna asked..

Hmm, I find out the name of your candle man.

Anna surprised and laughed. You must be kidding me Jen.

Oh! No, remember last time, I told you, I will give you the name. Jen replied.

Hmm, so tell me. Who is he? What’s his name? And where he lives?

Hahaha…..Jen laughed out loud.

Well….his name is Tash. He is staying in boy’s hostel and also studying. Jen gave the information.

Well, Anna, that’s only I could know about him.

Jen later told Anna, she got the information from another person. She is quite a lady. That’s why Anna loves Jen so much. She always keeps her word.
nhim

Post by nhim »

Lilian wrote:Hey Anna, what are you thinking? Asked Jen..

Nothing replied Anna.

Thanks, replied Anna.

Next Sunday, Anna went to the church. It was quite late for some reason. But still Anna, came to the church to see her candle man. Anna didn’t find him. Hmm, so, where he is? Anna becomes worried. It will be hard for her to wait that long period. There is no way Anna can speak to that person. He is always with the priest and end of the church; he is busy with setting up everything. But still only a sight of him makes Anna happy. All on a sudden she saw Jen. Oh! Jen didn’t tell Anna she will be here.

Well….his name is Tash. He is staying in boy’s hostel and also studying. Jen gave the information.

Jen later told Anna, she got the information from another person. She is quite a lady. That’s why Anna loves Jen so much. She always keeps her word.

after reading your story , i wonder why you named your story is "candle man " ?
i think candle is a small fire , a small love , she can go across it !
maybe that Anna`love is the first sight in love ! why did she suffer misery from her love ! she is very poor !! just because she is too timid to tell him that she loves him so much ! it`s not fair !only her to suffer misery
have a nice day !!
good luck!!!
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

nhim wrote:
Lilian wrote:Hey Anna, what are you thinking? Asked Jen..

Nothing replied Anna.

Thanks, replied Anna.

after reading your story , i wonder why you named your story is "candle man " ?
i think candle is a small fire , a small love , she can go across it !
maybe that Anna`love is the first sight in love ! why did she suffer misery from her love ! she is very poor !! just because she is too timid to tell him that she loves him so much ! it`s not fair !only her to suffer misery
dear nhim,
hmm you are right, that was love at first sight. and i gave this story name"candle man" because, he used to lit the candle when he saw anna.
my story hasnt finish yet. its a story of misery, where love burned just like candle.

thank you.
:)
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

yes, now I can feel this sad story...
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

It’s been six month; Anna still couldn’t have the chance to talk with candle man. But she knows from her heart, she loves him and candle man also care for him. Anna is always shy in that case. Even she knows that, it is getting late but still she is waiting, for him to talk to her first. But, alas, he seems also scared too. Time has been passing slowly. Anna started to realize that, it will take time to confront of this matter. She is busy with study and her parents also very strict with everything. Even if she loves this guy, there is a 99% possibility not to make her dream come true.

Anna was preparing herself for the final exam. She is not able to give more time to other things rather than study. She is determined to have good grade. All on a sudden, Anna’s mom started to tell her, that she need to go abroad to her dad. So, Anna need to get prepare for that too. Anna felt disappointed; she never liked to go abroad. She is much happier to live in her country that any other place. Anna denied to apply for the visa, and told her mom that, she is not interested to go anywhere.