my problems:) any useful pieces of advice are welcomed:)

Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: my problems:) any useful pieces of advice are welcomed:)

Post by amoolah »

pinkfloyd76 wrote:Hello:)
Is it possible at all to learn anything via correspondentive course?!? Has anyone of you taken such a curse(correspondentive course of creating http://www.sites ) and what are results of it?!? Does it work?!?
Hi pinkfloyd ;)
I really didn’t understand what do you mean by correspondentive however, personally when I started learning how to create my own website I used many ways for example:

• I gathered as much information as I can about the new software and programs that I can use in order to build my website. Then I stared downloading these programs and learn how to use them.

I was searching in the internet (search engine such as google and yahoo) for lessons and tutorials about how to develop a personal website.

I also used to register in some especial English and Arabic web developing clubs in order to get help from the members.

I hope that my post is useful......all the best
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

For my part, I use a programm (Dreamweaver, but there can be some others programms) and search for programmation-info on the web, and train using it. I just began learning html-language.

Sometimes, I ask questions on forums ad hoc (where people knows perfectly the programmation :mrgreen: ).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Oh ! not at all ! I just told you how I began...

nothing better done than by yourself !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: PS.

Post by amoolah »

pinkfloyd76 wrote:Ups! Probably I sound not claer -useful links for free resources on the Net about creating http://www.sites- that's what I am interested in.
THANKS FOR ANY HELP:)
p_f76:)
hi again pinkfloyd ;)
it will be my pleasure to provide you with some useful resources. However, I need to know which type of website you plan to develop. It is static( standard) or dynamic and if it is dynamic which programming language do you want to apply (asp, php, jsp or maybe other languages). Also let me know which program do you want to use in order to build your website. Personally, I prefere dreamweaver it is very helpful, advanced but easy to use software.
Please let me know and I will be more than glad to help u :)
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

Basically, you should decide what exaclty you want to achieve. If your goal is just being able to build a simple site for personal use, you could use one of the many automated site-building utilities (they are available on the web, just visit one of the major public download sites, e.g. "download.com"). If you want to achieve a deep knowledge of web programming, instead, you should focus on the specific programming languages (the ones Amoolah was mentioning in her post).
I suggest you to start with a simplified method, following then a step-by-step approach through more complex aspects.
frengo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by frengo »

It seems you are using the semi-automatic approach... try to find different programs that perform the same operations. Each one contains its own (and different) pre-built schemes, so you should be able to produce more pages before getting bored.

PS Why don't you tell us the URLs of your sites? Just to take a look...